amethyst purple glanzif! Volk split rims :) new brakes

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In what way mate

Just in what rear seats shall i fit, if i should run any and paint everyhing like glass inside, what fabric i should use on my door cards, if im running full interior is there any point buying a glanza carpet? I fancy getting a rescueman i think there pretty cool, my interior is minging atm so really wanna change it, half granny spec looks awful lol

Im getting realy excited to do my car now, when i see a cool car drive by or see oics from shows etc i just get a buzz! Wont be long now its just more funds than anything i am determind to make JAE tho!

Im at jae mate be good if you can make it there interior wise ive got mine in my head just need some seats so i can make a start on it. Personally id strip the car mate paint the inside so its mint but thats just my personal preferance (says the boy who has just put a false floor in his lol ) but thats coming out when i turbo it.

how can you be stuck? there are so many things you can do with an interior :) i had so many different ideas for mine and still do! just look at all different styles from jap, vag ect and work out what suits the needs for the car and your preference best :)

Edited by Ryan5793

my problem is i am a perfectionist it takes me AGES to make up my mind on what I want to do with my car, when i modified my colt it was so easy because mods where very limited is aftermarket parts, mostly just bolt things of an Evo as 96-2002 mirage colt runs the same floor plan engine mounts, dash, seat mountings etc as an evo 4,5,6 and all engines from 1 to 10 fit with litrally no modifications so the choices on what to do where really easy, but with a starlet theres so much to do you really are spoilt for choice lol i think im going to go to a local fabric place and buy a bulk load of it, have a go at flocking my own dash and door cards etc :) my mate has done it in his mx5 and it looks pretty good!! im hoping to get more work done on her this weekend, just want it back on the road now fed up of driving a bog standard clio haha

• 2 weeks later...

So today i FINALLY boxed the shell off! All i gotta do is strip it down and key inside the shuts and were ready to paint! I have took my time with this, its took me bloody ages but im so glad I've done it, the man hours i put into this car is unreal so far and I've spent so much time prepping as i just wanna get it right! I could have sped it all up and used my DA sander but instead I've decided to dry and wet block everything, from start to finnish it takes much longer but the end result is much better! Today i finnished the shell and bonnet and also prepped my front bumper, all i have to do is prep my:
Rear bumper and splitter
Glanza boot and surround
Wing mirrors
Glanza spoiler
Side skirts i can get all that done in a day easy.
Well i hope the pictures show how much effort i have put into this car as i am fucked, my arm is dead from all the blocking haha
Pics :) looking at page 1 at how the car was gets me really excited.

143dmb7.jpg

k4igj4.jpg

2dca1on.jpg

x0vcbo.jpg

331jdrl.jpg

ok4jub.jpg

6ofq61.jpg

Edited by Rich-k

I really want to give mine a full respray but i dont have the equipment to do it myself erm or the knowledge haha and a full spray is to expensive

yeah mate i know what you mean the amount of work i have put into mine would cost you easily between 3-5k depends on where you go, however a flash over of the same colour or just a colour change can work out much cheaper and really freshen the car up :)

yeah mate i know what you mean the amount of work i have put into mine would cost you easily between 3-5k depends on where you go, however a flash over of the same colour or just a colour change can work out much

cheaper and really freshen the car up :)

I only want the same colour on my car anyway i might do alot of the prep work myself and then get it done

same here Beth been getting frustrated lately because my girlfriends hours have been cut in work so I'm literally paying for EVERYTHING, rent bills food shopping etc etc for the both of us so my cart really has had to take a step back, but after much complaining she's got more hours now so it should free up some spare cash so I can Finnish my car! But you know how it is!

Yes Chris mate if your overall body work aint that bad you can see prices from between 700-900 rough guess for a full flash over and polish when you think of it isn't really that bad considering your car will be like brand new :)

same here Beth been getting frustrated lately because my girlfriends hours have been cut in work so I'm literally paying for EVERYTHING, rent bills food shopping etc etc for the both of us so my cart really has had to take a step back, but after much complaining she's got more hours now so it should free up some spare cash so I can Finnish my car! But you know how it is! 

Yes Chris mate if your overall body work aint that bad you can see prices from between 700-900 rough guess for a full flash over and polish when you think of it isn't really that bad considering your car will be like brand new :)

Ahh that's shit bud, Joel had a similar issue with his last job paying him bloody buttons and no overtime etc, since he got a new job it's unreal how much more money and time gets to go into his car.

Hopefully see some big updates coming soon then! :D

Ahh that's shit bud, Joel had a similar issue with his last job paying him bloody buttons and no overtime etc, since he got a new job it's unreal how much more money and time gets to go into his car.

Hopefully see some big updates coming soon then! :D

Ill be boxing it off this weekend so after then i wont have much other choice but to paint it :o

Well my paint arrived today! So colour is chosen and no going back now!! May not be totally original however i abseloutely love it and after all im building this car for my self :) going to paint my roof tomorrow so if i can get a decent pic ill show you all the paint tomorrow! My foglight bulbs and plugs have arrived :)

In some bad news my boss chucked a load of my parts into a pile outside because he can be a right nob and he damaged my rear bumper grrrr so i had to sand it all back and re prime it! Wasnt happy but atleast its done now!

2co0sj7.jpg

Proof I've actually made my mind up on a colour lol

sol89f.jpg