Bussey's Billet GT2867 323bhp V

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result, some awesome power there, maybe invest in some cut slicks on the front to get the power down.

Going for either some advans or rsr595s mate, should help get the power down,

Will have to order next payday though, cars left me in a state of poverty after all the mapping and ecu costs :lol:

And thanks man :)

Going for either some advans or rsr595s mate, should help get the power down,

Will have to order next payday though, cars left me in a state of poverty after all the mapping and ecu costs :lol:

And thanks man :)

You must have gone #yoloswag

You must have gone #yoloswag

I base my whole life on yolo swag?

Awesome power mate, congrats!

Cheers Iddy :D

great nrs mate enjoy it

you do know revers is the best traction gear now ha ha

Cheers man, yeah I've already beat a gtr in reverse

1.6 bar mate

Also, another 'being a cock' moment from me.

Haven't looked at the boost controller since picking the car up, as I didn't think they set it up (did it all on the daztek)

Turns out I've had the car on low boost....at 1 bar the whole night :lol: thought it was putting 323 bhp down really well!

At 1.6bar it's near on un-driveable :lol:

Will have another go tommorow and try and get some go pro footage

Nice stuff :)

So is it a gt2860? Sorry if already said - couldn't see anything!

not a good sign mate it leaking badly or just weaping?

Leaking bad, cars getting put in the garage and it's getting sorted out when I have time, have to order a new HG and do it all properly,

Nightmare

Right, done throwing an 8 hour hissy fit :lol:

Got all weekend off, should be more than enough time to try and re-seal the headgasket. Plus id rather any weak points show them selfs sooner rather than later.

That corner has had a fair bit of residue round it from even the first start up, which would lead me to believe it's never been sealed there 100%.

Oh well, had all the turbo kit/inlet off more than enough times now, 1 more won't do any harm :lol:

FML

What thickness headgasket is it? I've seem before sometimes the larger ones tend to weep a bit on that corner.

Not bad numbers you made on the dyno either lad, nice powercurve though, looks good :)

Edited by AdamB

Least you have a taste of why you need to bother lad!

Head off. Skin it smooth. Make sure block is also smooth

Reassemble. Jobs a goodun. Map check

can i ad to this list to rub grease on the gasket on both sides ( oldtimers trick ) the grease will make an extra bond/seal

so gutted for you dam !!!!!

What thickness headgasket is it? I've seem before sometimes the larger ones tend to weep a bit on that corner.

Not bad numbers you made on the dyno either lad, nice powercurve though, looks good :)

Cheers mate :)

And 1.4mm Athena, everyone round here I know has had the same problem with trying to get them to seal. Nightmare.

Seeing as it's only weeping very slightly, we are going to just try checking and nipping up the head studs slightly more tonight.

If that fails then I'll be ordering a cruise headgasket from RHD, no more of this Athena shite. Then it's head off again and all the rest of it.

Better finding the weakpoints sooner rather than later I suppose :)

can i ad to this list to rub grease on the gasket on both sides ( oldtimers trick ) the grease will make an extra bond/seal

so gutted for you dam !!!!!

Cheers mate, yeah I could do without the headache but it is what it is :(

Cheers mate :)

And 1.4mm Athena, everyone round here I know has had the same problem with trying to get them to seal. Nightmare.

Seeing as it's only weeping very slightly, we are going to just try checking and nipping up the head studs slightly more tonight.

If that fails then I'll be ordering a cruise headgasket from RHD, no more of this Athena shite. Then it's head off again and all the rest of it.

Better finding the weakpoints sooner rather than later I suppose :)

Yeah common problem mate, just try checking the torque settings of the bolts now the engines been run, had some heat cycles etc. You might find they've loosened off a little.

I have seen Athena's leak before, couple I've had/done I've left it if it only weeps a little and it's sealed itself up and caused no more bother.

Yeah common problem mate, just try checking the torque settings of the bolts now the engines been run, had some heat cycles etc. You might find they've loosened off a little.

I have seen Athena's leak before, couple I've had/done I've left it if it only weeps a little and it's sealed itself up and caused no more bother.

Yeah hopefully it is a simply fix tonight mate.

But we all know it won't be :lol:

And yeah this ones always been strange, on first start up she lost some coolant from that corner, then next startup it was fine....until 900 miles later now, and it's oil? Madness

I run trd hg becuase of the stories of athena headgaskets..

James another thing to check..

The o ring on the distributor that sits inside head, is prone to failure and i had a similar mess to what youve got and i thought was headgasket till i read somewhere in tgtt.