Come a long way...

Hello everyone! After discussing it with a few members recently i thought i'd post a few photos to compare how my car was when i bought it and how it is now. I purchased it in 2011 for £1200 with no tax/test. It had been off the road for a long time in a garage and i found it through word of mouth.

Spec when i bought it:

- air con removed (badly)

- jperformance decat/exhaust

- fcd

- 16" inovit stvi alloys in need of a refurb

And that was it, other than the above she was as standard as they come, even standard ride height :/ haha-

90aa29.jpg

9ktb10.jpg

27y8u11.jpg

Since then a lot has happened (details in build thread), but current spec is as follows:

- wepr evo mild steel externaly gated td04 kit

- evo 4 recaros

- optional armrest

- optional 3 point rear strut

- cusco c pillar bar

- cusco 4 point roll cage

- aftermarket steering wheel

- hks turbo timer

- aem wideband, prosport oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, boost gauges

- cusco adjustable panhard rod

- D2 coilovers

- hks braided brake lines, new copper brake pipes

- grooved discs all round

- 15" genuine work emotions

- evo 8 front mount intercooler

- battery and washer bottle relocated in boot

- 370cc injectors

- oem LSD gearbox

- livesports kit (spoiler, rear lip, skirts, front lip)

- emanage blue

The engine was completely overhauled (after it melted all 4 pistons a month after remap...) and built up with brand new genuine seals, gaskets, piston rings etc and with all the necessary machine work to the crank, head block etc.

2rpxn35.jpg

29m37no.jpg

2mq0wv7.jpg

20k3om0.jpg

Currently mapped at 1 bar by Will Hinchcliffe of RDT:

sghow0.jpg

autoscaled graph of power and torque. Will uses a hub dyno not a rolling road dyno so this is true power/torque that reaches the road. The faint lines are the previous session it had with Will after the engine melted and i took it to him for an emergency remap.

Other than tidy the body up a bit more and go forged i'm not sure what else to do apart from enjoy her. maybe a few more jdm goodies.

Thanks for the comments guys I do appreciate it!

Nanglebadger- it was quite easy to fit compared to my other gauges. Originally my ct9 decat had 2 bungs which made life easy (once we got the other bung out lol) then just a case of running the wires through the firewall (behind glovebox) and wiring the gauge up which was no bother. Took the power from the radio power. When I went td04 I had to drill my exhaust and weld a bung in as the wepr decat only had one bung which I used for the standard lambda. Drilling the stainless exhaust was a challenge lol many melted drill bits but I'm sure if you have a proper set of heavy duty drill bits it would have been fine.

Yeah easy job if you're taking it to a proper place. Drill hole weld in bung thread in sensor (I used silver slip because of the constant hot-cold-hot-cold if you ever try to remove the sensor it will be a nightmare if not haha) as for the gauge itself just a power and a good earth (poor earth can affect the reading). Aem are self calibrating too.

Yeah it's been an emotional journey! Still is sometimes! But I have the ep80 raring to go in the lock up if this decides to shit another engine haha.

Cheers Liam saw yours just across the way clean and sparkling as ever!

Livesports is good, dont see all that many kits on a GT so its nice to see something different and has certainly paid off :) love the 2 tone paint as well, suits it even better!

A lot of blood sweat and tears have come of this car. Not to mention hours of graft and spraying. Looks the part and goes well also. Just glad I get the opportunity of driving it every now and again :)

Yeah easy job if you're taking it to a proper place. Drill hole weld in bung thread in sensor (I used silver slip because of the constant hot-cold-hot-cold if you ever try to remove the sensor it will be a nightmare if not haha) as for the gauge itself just a power and a good earth (poor earth can affect the reading). Aem are self calibrating too.

Spot on cheers Onion!

Phil.

• 1 month later...