NightSpirit Trackstar....

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice wee update man, took my red v off the road today to start preping for our trip next year.

alot of works needin done . .

awesome...dedication ;)..i cant wait for this aswell..gonna be amazing...what you got planned for it mate ?

Nice work on the wings mark :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers again guys...comments much appreciated...here's an update :lol: Enzo mate..what's your plans??

Firstly, the LiveSport fenders, are a sod to fit (because they don't) and for some bizarre reason, the bodyshop in Japan got all patriotic when they worked on the top vents and built a scale model of Mount Fuji out of filler on the backs....doh. Whilst removing this 'art' I got carried away with the power tools and went through one fender, queue some mad frp skillz.

P1060021.jpg

P1060023.jpg

P1060026.jpg

P1060028.jpg

P1060030.jpg

P1060031.jpg

P1060042.jpg

P1060043.jpg

P1060046.jpg

Check out the no expense spent bodywork fixing tools (yes a hammer held in place with a wheelie bin)

P1060047.jpg

P1060049.jpg

P1060051.jpg

Because...in the words of a good friend of mine, Adam, 'arch lining is for queers'

P1060053.jpg

P1060056.jpg

Ok so that's the good stuff, the car now weighs 4kg less, no longer rubs the tyres when I corner at speed and looks more agressive. I also swapped a dodgy o-ring on the Buddy Clubs. The bad news is that the legendary HRF manifold is cracked :p hoping it's a simple fix...so watch this space. The car is due to go to 3S Services in Hook to see top man James for some fettling that will now include manifold elastoplat.

P1060035.jpg

P1060044.jpg

P1060045.jpg

sweet dude good to see,

could do with getting my racing specs reconditioned but the uk distributer was a complete arse on the phone!

am i right in saying your taking your car on the back of a trailer to the ring next year?

yeah you might find that the uk distributer is nothing more than a reseller, and wont entertain refurbs, as they are a jdm brand (well, big in USA but mainly jap). If you found out what dampers they are (KYB, AST, McPherson etc) then you may find you can get them refurbed anywhere, bike shock refurb place perhaps.

also, shame about the mani, seems jdm manifolds do that for fun however, get some slag repair done on it :lol:

cheers Si,

The bloody skirts have come away from the fenders (tiger seal...epic fail) so will revisit that solution at the weekend. Otherwise it's all good. The LiveSports weigh 1.5kg, next to 3.25kg for the stock items with lardy plastic bits. :p

Sorry Enzo! Yup the plan is rent a van. It'll be cheaper than driving the EP (and more comfy) plus the car only gets used on the track and we can fill the van with spares (if you chip in with the rental :p ).

Next on the list:

Cut out interior metal not needed

Remove wheel recess

Build Alloy fuel cell in boot

Build custom shifter mount

Fix manifold and heat coat it

Fit 550cc injectors and run CRAZY boost (or a bit more...hopefully the EP agrees).

Si you can run down the street after me anytime :p lol

You're more than welcome to come over our way for beer also, I'll buy.

Enzo, you crazy man....I may do the alps again, but trailer car there then drive it round the passes..it's a long ass trek though and turns a 3-4 day event into a week :p

nice update mate the look mint :p.. shame about the tiger seal though haha.. and mine cracked the other week to.. B) whats going on lol! also need to see you about a couple of things.. :lol:

and about time you got it boosting properly :D :D lol

• 2 weeks later...

Another update :o

Today I got chance to take the car over to James and the guys at Toyota GT. I've known James a while now and last time we met we shared a few ideas for the car...and with the manifold sporting more cracks than Tom Cruise's marriage it seemed a good time to visit :lol:

Apart from the manifold, there are plans afoot for a custom downpipe, exhaust, fuel tank and shaving weight off the car to bring it down to the 700kg mark...Hilarious comments and photos below

P1060090.jpg

James weighing the car with one hand

P1060093.jpg

State of the art invisible exhaust

P1060094.jpg

Taking the weight saving a bit too seriously :lol:

P1060095.jpg

The EP crying when she heard she was fat

P1060099.jpg

What have we here?

P1060100.jpg

This looks familiar...

P1060101.jpg

Can it be? yes...it's my old MR2 (James bought the car from me)

P1060103.jpg

Invisible turbo inlet side

P1060104.jpg

Enough with the invisible joke...

P1060106.jpg

I've not seen a crack like that since Jade Goodie bent over

P1060108.jpg

The old downpipe :lol: