Socks Feedback :(

Last thing I wanted to do was bring this up in a public post but I am out of options and just want it done with now.

I paid for a bonnet from a Glanza that Socks was breaking in January. Thread here: http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/75722-99-black-glanza-v-breaking/

I still haven't received the bonnet despite numerous PMs. He has stopped replying by text and PM now.

I have been more than patient as I understand he had an accident recently and is now having problems with his own Glanza. I also accept the fact that a bonnet is a bastard to have couriered. However, I paid good money for this bonnet+postage and believe that over 3 months is enough time to have this delivered to me. Recent contact with him, he told me that the bonnet had been collected by a courier mid-April. If that is true then it must have been lost in transit. He hasn't been able to tell me who he sent it through or give me any kind of tracking reference either.

As far as I can tell, Paypal can't help me as too much time has passed since the transaction. So with that, and the amount of time passed, I can't see me ever actually receiving it. In all honesty I just want it done with now. Anyone I have told about it over the last couple months has said that I've been ripped off. I guess I just didn't want to believe it.

I am well aware that Socks has a solid reputation and provides a quality service to many. I am genuinely puzzled as to how I have ended up in this situation.

I fully understand that he is a busy guy, receiving numerous PMs everyday and that some will inevitably get missed. I am, in no way, a malicious character, I just feel that I am out of options so the only thing left to do is share feedback for my transaction and experience with Socks.

Interested in whether I am the only one or not? Any advice on what to do would be appreciated too!

Edited by Kier

I have Txt you back when you've txt bud...

I spoke to the courier they have attempted delivery multiple times?

Its since been left at the depo for collection/unless another delivery date is specified...

Drop me a txt tomorrow fella with the next day when someone will be in, to receive the bonnet....

I'm at home all morning and then there is someone here in the afternoon. Also got a neighbour who grabs my deliveries if I'm not around.

Can you give me the tracking reference please?

Paisley IIRC use City Link. Who are actually shitty link!

They will say they have attempted delivery but they will just leave your item in the depot. Happened to me SO many times. If socks gave you a tracking number, or pick up/delivery number code thing and you ring them I'm 99.9% sure they will say it's at the depot.

I'm at home all morning and then there is someone here in the afternoon. Also got a neighbour who grabs my deliveries if I'm not around.

Can you give me the tracking reference please?

I'll dig it out Monday for you bud as it's on the system at work :)

I'm not worried about who is delivering it. I'd just like confirmation that it has been collected and they have attempted delivery. The paisley tracking number will give me an idea of what's occurring.

You don't have to worry about socks dude. It's the companies in between that are the issue. I had the same problem with a fuel tank from idrees. Somehow they managed to loose it for a month even though it was all labelled up perfectly :/

Update for anyone interested. Still no sign of the bonnet. Socks unable to provide a tracking number and Paisley Freight have no record of a delivery for my postcode. :unknw:

Update for anyone interested. Still no sign of the bonnet. Socks unable to provide a tracking number and Paisley Freight have no record of a delivery for my postcode. :unknw:

Probably because they have subcontracted the delivery, happened to me I ended up delivering the parcel myself!

Surely the easiest way to find out where the parcel is would be by providing a tracking number?

Yes, it would be the easiest way. The fact there is no number makes me think it hasn't been sent anyway. Everytime I have sent something through Paisley, the booking confirmation email has had a tracking reference.

why dont u just go to the depo an see if its there?

What depot are you referring to mate? If it has actually been sent then it could be at any number of sites. APC, DPD, City Link, Nightfreight, etc. Even in a random van drivers back garden for all I know. Without a consignment number of some sort I'd be pissing in the wind unfortunately.

Probably because they have subcontracted the delivery, happened to me I ended up delivering the parcel myself!

Doesn't matter if they sub the work out, they will still have some record of the consignment. Most unusual that they could tell me about a set of alloys I had delivered about 6 months ago (by a subbie) but not this.

Nevermind. If, by some miracle, it is sat in someone's warehouse then it would have been so for some time now anyway. Dread to think what kind of condition it would be in :p

You should have to provide a tracking number I have to all my ukso customers and I take a picture of receipt and send to them as proof I loose out some times but dont care as long as I gets ther safe I myself am waiting 8/9 weeks on a starlet brochure off socks :( same last time ???

Edited by matty gt

You should have to provide a tracking number I have to all my ukso customers and I take a picture of receipt and send to them as proof I loose out some times but dont care as long as I gets ther safe I myself am waiting 8/9 weeks on a starlet brochure off socks :( same last time ???

Whenever I've sent stuff to Ireland it either arrives in 3-4days or weeks. But it has always got there.

Kier. If it doesn't show up this week. I'll refund you quite happily. If it then does show up with you then maybe partially send some funds back?

This is as much of a ballache to me as it is to you. I assure you. Complete and utter fuck about.

Whenever I've sent stuff to Ireland it either arrives in 3-4days or weeks. But it has always got there.

Kier. If it doesn't show up this week. I'll refund you quite happily. If it then does show up with you then maybe partially send some funds back?

This is as much of a ballache to me as it is to you. I assure you. Complete and utter fuck about.

Can't say fairer than that. We shall see what occurs this week :)

Paisley freight use the most useles companies ever!

City link had my engine in there depot with no intention of posting it because they didn't have a low loader etc. if that was the case how the fuck did it get to Rhondda from Scotland!

In the end I got my money back after stumping the driver about an 'attempted' delivery where he had a 'conversation with my mum about my dog' then couldn't tell me what dog it was then when he guessed he couldn't have been any more wrong! Apparently a bullmastiff looked like a small yappy dog haha. So I got a refund on the delivery

Also TNT absolutely ruined a bonnet I had delivered.