MK1 GT Snow Edition - Full respray finally

good to see this getting some attention mate, i went to pick this up with dai a few years back and it needed some love then just a shame he never got round things so be good to see where you take it to :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking a lot better man

Uncut bumper ftw :)

Cheers dude :). I love the mk1 bumper when it's all painted nicely. I'd kick myself later if I'd cut it haha!

Then go silly boost :D

mmmmmm not quite haha. I have some other plans :).

Coming along nicely man. Well done.

Thanks sexy ;)

Looking good.How much boost you planning to run with this setup....are you using an fcd too?

Thanks mate! Boosting 0.8 bar at the moment. I'm not running a fcd but once I've checked the fueling, if it seems stable enough I may install a FCD and go for a bit more, or I might do it properly with a emanage blue and a boost controller. Undecided!

That's a nice ep80.. ...

Absolutely can't wait to see the finished thing. Good work darling :)!

Bend over :p xxx

good to see this getting some attention mate, i went to pick this up with dai a few years back and it needed some love then just a shame he never got round things so be good to see where you take it to :)

I saw his build thread and I did like that he had some nice parts lined up for it. I suppose he ran out of time :)

Took the next step with the bodywork yesterday...

IMG-20140803-WA0002_zps8rzr0hb5.jpeg

A guide coat to flatten so I can find all the small dents to try and get the body as smooth and straight as possible before I paint it... I didn't get chance to finish it yesterday before I went to MFN (a local car show) and got numerous dirty looks and muttered comments lol! Looking forward to going next time with it freshly painted and in it's prime :)

Haha you guys :p. I just used a satin black wizz tin. Doesn't matter what you use as a guide really providing that it's a contrasting colour so that you can see where you've been :). I've done half the car now but I'm going to go back and do some of it again as I can still see some dents in artificial light. I guess the block I used isn't big enough. Using a ft long next time and sticking with an up down (slightly diagonal and switching) motion to see if it flattens them out any better before they get a skim of filler.

Yep lmao! My neighbor was hanging out the window yesterday to ask what the hell I was doing. She said her kids thought that I'd painted it and the rain washed it off. And a random guy walking down the street asked what I'd done not to mention the looks I get driving it... I hope people recognise it as "that's the car that used to look like a shed" when it's all minty fresh and then maybe people won't think I'm such an idiot haha.

• 3 weeks later...

So the car is now near enough ready for paint and will be getting the big hit before jae hopefully! I primed the whole car apart from the front bumper because I ran out of time lol, and i have now flattened 90% of it. Just deciding on colour now :p.

20140815_132428_zpso2culr4s.jpg

IMG-20140816-WA0006_zps3eghu8tb.jpeg

20140816_190120_zpsypi17kbo.jpg

20140817_010156_zpsi7h7srvi.jpg

20140822_192605_zpsxdcw0ix6.jpg

All flat no dents :)

20140822_192614_zpsuipi3kgy.jpg

Thanks babe :p.

I got myself a different exhaust the other day as I wasn't too keen on the Japspeed that was on the car. I used to have one on my first GT and although it sounds nice I wanted a smaller exit. It was catching the bumper too as it wasn't fitted properly so I wanted to replace it and repair the bumper before I paint it... Anyhoo I bought a 5Zigen Pro Racer exhaust that Matt was selling and gave it a really good clean up before fitting it on the kerbside lol. Has a really nice angle and sounds loads different. Really quiet compared and has more of a tinny gargle raw sound to it. Strange going from one extreme to the other. I've borrowed Jo's front bumper too for now whilst I'm prepping my mk1 bumper and lip. Excuse the black soot around the exhaust. Running a little rich lol.

20140824_163439_RichtoneHDR_zpsos53hutj.

20140824_163450_RichtoneHDR_zpsouoz4uig.

20140824_164406_zpsfhisdw22.jpg

Still hoping to have it fully painted and ready before JAE :)!