being tempted by cheapy chinese forged conrods, what do peeps make of them?

Turbo topz, there are differents of quality, depends on where you buy them.

They often have 3 differents quality.

Chops, yes yes, you try boost 33psi on those fhe rods, i dare you

coincidentally, i know someone who runs 30+psi on 5efhe rods for drag racing...i'd have to check the rev limit used, but i suspect not much beyond stock

however, i'd not do it, but it seems it can be done

for what the op wants, i think forged rods are the best bet

i cant speak for the rods in question, but if they handle 33psi and 1.6psi/8000rpm, it seems they can take some pressure/revs

how long have you guys been running these rods?

coincidentally, i know someone who runs 30+psi on 5efhe rods for drag racing...i'd have to check the rev limit used, but i suspect not much beyond stock

however, i'd not do it, but it seems it can be done

for what the op wants, i think forged rods are the best bet

i cant speak for the rods in question, but if they handle 33psi and 1.6psi/8000rpm, it seems they can take some pressure/revs

how long have you guys been running these rods?

Gorgan, I ran the cheap rods for quite some Milage at decent revs on a high comp 4e making 265 @ 1bar td04 (as you well know you tgtt man you :) )

Until my expensive billet cams fell apart and somewhat ruined the engine.

Ran like this for yonks loved the revs.

Get whatever rods you can', weigh they up get them matched and then balance the bottom end assembly together.

And youll have as good an engine as any and better than most.

Phil

Edited by Philm

why? i know the 5e isnt the perfect base engine, being never even designed to be dohc in the first place, but i dont think it would take that much to have a build like what im proposing work. as a plater fabricator by trade, i can make the physical parts of the build id need such as all the custom manifolds and what not myself. The idea comes from a dude on the micra sports club forums doing a compound charged build on a k11 cg13de, its not an impossible build by any means. my biggest worry is how ill get an ecu to fuel it.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g240/porkstar5000/Snapbucket/7564E287_zpsfa32bd58.jpg

tripplexxx from germany did this on a p8 starlet 5e big turbo and big chaaarger he is on toc and tgtt if you want info

Gorgan, I ran the cheap rods for quite some Milage at decent revs on a high comp 4e making 265 @ 1bar td04 (as you well know you tgtt man you :) )

Until my expensive billet cams fell apart and somewhat ruined the engine.

Ran like this for yonks loved the revs.

Get whatever rods you can', weigh they up get them matched and then balance the bottom end assembly together.

And youll have as good an engine as any and better than most.

Phil

lol, yes ttgt to the world

i'm not much into brand name, i'm into reliability and good quality stuff

on the high end sometimes you can end up paying for a "name"

while on the low end you can sometimes end up suffering from poor quality

but it doesn't mean that everything expensive is good and everything cheaper is bad

this is kind of a never ending debate, some people will swear by popular brands, some people will take a chance with cheaper stuff

everyone will have to do their research and weight the risks, then make their own decision

Well, i have seen people break fhe rods here in denmark, never seen any break those china rods. Those we use here, are so big, that you have to modifi the blok to fit them.

Beside pauter, they are all made in china

I was wondering if other brands might be the case, huge markup for nothing more than a brand name.

tripplexxx from germany did this on a p8 starlet 5e big turbo and big chaaarger he is on toc and tgtt if you want info

cheers for the heads up, though im kinda depressed to know its already been done now :rolleyes:

lol, yes ttgt to the world

i'm not much into brand name, i'm into reliability and good quality stuff

on the high end sometimes you can end up paying for a "name"

while on the low end you can sometimes end up suffering from poor quality

but it doesn't mean that everything expensive is good and everything cheaper is bad

this is kind of a never ending debate, some people will swear by popular brands, some people will take a chance with cheaper stuff

everyone will have to do their research and weight the risks, then make their own decision

got a wise man once said quote here lol, though it is completely true.

I've had absolutely no luck finding anything on this, a link would be much appreciated bud!

lol suddenly everyones done a compound build, its old news lol. slightly annoyed with that, but it wasnt to go running around screaming look at me look at me anyway. that german dudes build looks mad lol.

Once upon a time I had the Chinese factory's number. Phone talk in engrish for abit until 'Jin' was brought to the phone

Then make an order direct with him.

No fancy crap names like max speeding or tuner R

Just a brown box an some grease coated rods from Jin :) marked test item RDUK

ran a set and sold some others.

Would never pay for scat or eagle or THS or tmd etc etc

Bit like td injectors. May as well buy them yourself at a fraction of the price.

Phil

Edited by Philm