Nissan March/Micra 4E-FTE Conversion

Plans hopefully to be completely this month or the next.

Boot mount battery:
Lego brick battery box
motorsport battery
Battery cut off
wires
DIY earth kit

Swirl pot mounted in spare wheel well:

Ebay 2 litre swirl pot

Inline fuel filter
fuel lines
Facet red top pump as the pot feed
bosch 044 main pump
Fuel regular (about 1bar) for the fuel return into the pot
Custom mate metal cover to keep the fuel away from the occupants

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha mate I will never give up! I even find the hunt for the parts fun but I wallet hates it! It's all worth it. Need about another £1000 worth of little bits and then the rest is just the engine work. Just trying to think how I can convert my clutch to a fluid one as I got a cable clutch

What about an aftermarket pedal box? The tally spec ones etc. That mount a reservoir pretty much in the car.

What about an aftermarket pedal box? The tally spec ones etc. That mount a reservoir pretty much in the car.

I was considering that mate. I am now saving for a whole donor car so I have everything I will ever need. If I cant figure out a ghetto DIY method I will get a pedal box.

• 3 weeks later...

rear polibushs have been ordered!

Also found out that the starlet speedo cables are the same so if you starlet guys are finding it hard to get a starlet speedo cable just get a micra one!
The speedo converters also work!

Looks like the only mods I will have to do s gearbox mounts, gear linkage and converting the car to take a fluid clutch.

thanks for the info mate :) :)

cant wait for the swap mate hurry up ha ha

Haha i know mate. i kept on collecting uneeded parts like a whole swirl pot set up and jap spec parts. got half the money for a starlet so should be getting one in a few months. then the conversion should be done fairly quick. once its done I will be fitting aload of parts, doing my interior and cage.

I wont be driving the car until I am 21 so I can go fully comp on sky insurance.

Feel your pain on the constantly buying parts and procrastinating over getting the car on the road lol.........I'm in the same boat, like a fucking magpie for JDM parts

Like the plans though, guessing it won't be ready for show season this year?

Great project this. Keep up the good work buddy, watching this and waiting for the swap to take place.

With regards to the clutch cable setup you should be able to use the starlet slave cylinder then something like a land rover master cylinder and a custom made clutch line. Thats what i have used on my project. Works a treat.

Feel your pain on the constantly buying parts and procrastinating over getting the car on the road lol.........I'm in the same boat, like a fucking magpie for JDM parts

Like the plans though, guessing it won't be ready for show season this year?

haha I'm bad for it!! Well it won't be on the road for show season because I'm 21 in October it's a shame but I refuse to insure my car third party only

Great project this. Keep up the good work buddy, watching this and waiting for the swap to take place.

With regards to the clutch cable setup you should be able to use the starlet slave cylinder then something like a land rover master cylinder and a custom made clutch line. Thats what i have used on my project. Works a treat.

means a lot how much support I got! I have researched and fiqured out how to get over most issues. Like the fact my fuel tank is meant for a carbed engine so I am running a swirl pot to prevent air getting into the system.

Got abit annoyed the other day. Found some JDM Nissan OEM wind deflectors for my K10 which are rare as rocking horse shit as they were only on the turbo Marchs.
Got out bidded by £3... First set I have seen for sale in three years haha. oh well.

Also found this rare piece of kit. Cusco type 2 brace for a k10. links the wishbone mounts to the antiroll bar mounts.

suzu623to524-img600x450-1423397381wyupuy

Some amount of cool shit on this thing dude, putting a few starlet builds to shame haha :p

Keep it up

Hope it does haha. been living like a tramp just to feed my addiction for car parts. problem is I see the rare parts and I pretty much have to buy them as I know the chances of buying another one again is next to none.

exterior wise I am all done. just need to buy oem wind deflectors. got all the march grille and bonnet scoop on the way.

Only want a few other nismo parts like gauges etc but they can wait as they come up for sale quite often if you look hard enough.

Also wait until the engine itself is in! I got some massive plans for the engine build as well with a nice power target.

Edited by mas12555

Nearly every night I lay in bed thinking about plans for the car. I have been thinking for the past week that really 14" wheels just wont cut it because I wont be able to get any decent sized brakes.

But with 15s I can get some massive brakes! Only issue is I love my 14" ssr mk-2 wheels. well lets compromise!
Mircra k10s for some reason have lots of arche gap on the front and near to none on the rear (when sitting level) if you was to have the arche gap same the car will have a massive rake. This does make side shots of the k10 look abit silly.

So what I was thinking is to run 15x6.5 47et 195/50/15 on the front and 14x6 37et 185/55/14 on the rear. The rear tyres will be about 16mm less in diameter which will even up the arch gap abit. Also because of the 10mm difference in tyre should help with understeer a lot as well!

I have noticed that its not uncommon for tuners in japan to run different sized wheels.

Edited by mas12555

...that really 14" wheels just wont cut it because I wont be able to get any decent sized brakes.

But with 15s I can get some massive brakes! Only issue is I love my 14" ssr mk-2 wheels...

I know that feeling all too well. I adore my Volk 5/4s, i really do, but it makes me seriously think hard whenever I remember that there's barely any tyres or brake options :p

I know that feeling all too well. I adore my Volk 5/4s, i really do, but it makes me seriously think hard whenever I remember that there's barely any tyres or brake options :p

Its a right paint since 15" wheels just look stupid on my car. 14" wheels just look perfect on my little k10. I will take a trip to a micra rally parts dealership. Will be able to test the wheels on a set of 4 pot AP brakes. They just fit under their custom made 14" wheels. So might fit my ssrs.

failing that. Theres a set of 3 15x6 ssr mk2-r wheels for £60 haha.

will prefer 15x6.5 over 15x6 though.

Been watching a lot of old 90s touge video and it seems back then It was really popular to run different sized wheels. Might have to go through with it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNLGlBnz9Qo if you have a watch through that you can see most of the FWD cars run different size wheels

Nice to read something different mate , really like the look of the car , look forward to seeing the outcome !

cheers mate means a lot!

Edited by mas12555

mas i was able to squeeze 260mm discs under my 14" enkei its possible on some wheels

i did have to round the edge of caliper a small bit

I got 250mm pulsar brakes to go on my 14" wheels but I really want a proper brake set eg some nice 6/4 spots and two piece discs.

what brakes were they as well? because I will probably be using a starlet hub now