Nissan March/Micra 4E-FTE Conversion

Massive oil leak coming from the original engine so I have been thing this morning at work and sod it. Canceled the cage booking and going to look for a starlet asap and do this conversion as soon as. Ordering an engine crane next weekend then I am ripping the engine out in a few weeks. So expect a big update in a week or two

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive oil leak coming from the original engine so I have been thing this morning at work and sod it. Canceled the cage booking and going to look for a starlet asap and do this conversion as soon as. Ordering an engine crane next weekend then I am ripping the engine out in a few weeks. So expect a big update in a week or two

plenty of peeps selling complete engines on here bud, no need to break a starlet to get hold of one :D. budget depending, i would consider building a 1.5 litre 5efte out of a 5efe with 4efte parts too.

Did aload of number crunching because I need ecu engine mounts an loads other little things even need a gearbox so it's cheaper to buy a starlet get what I want then sell the rolling shell for about £700. I was thinking about a 5e but many people claim there isn't much difference. My mate has just got a 5e forged and a billet wheel td04 so be interesting to compare it the 4e setup he had. @chops

Edited by mas12555

My mate has one of these micra, its a str version, suppose to have a more aggressive map on the ecu

STR? I presume you mean a March R which are the same engine as the super turbo but with no bodykit to save weight, nismo lsd, nismo suspension and some even came with nismpo cages. They were designed to be a ready to race car from the factory.

Got myself a Lumenition AFR reader for only £56 posted also comes with a bosch lamda sesnor. Will help alot with mapping and tuning the car.

_YAN0572.jpg

That is one gorjus looking retro car mate.coupled with a starlet lump will be super awesome.

will be keeping me eye on this one !!!

Cheers mate means alot. Even with its moddest 95ish bhp it is such a funny nippy car. Cant wait for it to have over 200bhp so I can chase down the porches and bmws.

If all goes smoothly I should be at most of the big shows next year.

Also got over my issue with not being confident enough to weld my gearbox mounts. Going to make up the mounts myself out of various bits of angle metal and box section. Get it all mocked up then I am sending the bits off to be professionally welded.

I can weld but I dont think my weld will hold the power and torque of a starlet engine. I will be welding the exhaust myself though.

Just got some split rim SSR MKII-R wheels for tracks days. 14x6 35et will be used with 185/55/14 yoko semi slicks. I will attempt to refurb the lip but its polished so no idea how to do that. Anyone have any ideas?

On road wheels/tyres are my 14x6 35et nismo rally wheels with 195/45/14 toyo proxys

10659237_10152346939248302_6856015944383

Edited by mas12555

Technically a Glanza lol

Nice one mate I'm in on watching this !

It may as well be a starlet once its done haha just lighter.

Cheers mate loads of people seem to be interested in this which is really giving me the drive for this project!. Safe to say I am really happy with this forum compared to the micra club forum.

Not much to update at the moment as me and my dad are doing our driveway so I got no room for a donor car yet but if anyone knows of any crash damaged starlets for sale please message me. Still on the search for a good donor.

Edited by mas12555

Got a starlet engine for £200 with loads of stuff so that will do for now so I can get the engine in and start the progress. It was cheap but the seller claims the engine works fine I dont think theres any issues as the engine is unmoded and was driven on standard boost.

Got a starlet engine for £200 with loads of stuff so that will do for now so I can get the engine in and start the progress. It was cheap but the seller claims the engine works fine I dont think theres any issues as the engine is unmoded and was driven on standard boost.

Bit of a steal that

Bit of a steal that

I know mate but dont know if it will be a sound engine he claimed the powersteering belt made some noise but thats it my view is if it was a standard engine on standard boost shouldnt have any serious issue only have 75000 miles. still waiting on a quote to get it posted to me though.

Also comes with ct9, manifold, inlet, powersteering pump loads of little things.

Edited by mas12555

Yeah mate thats the one. Yeah I hope as well haha. If not I will rebuild it/

well get it in and start her up if all sound give it a damn good service

then if any probs just get a comp tester and leak down test done if they come up ok chuck in some shells and you might get away with it

Just stock up on service stuff now

i have a set of 5 13'' compomotive cx1359 alloys from the 80's thatd look pretty mean on this come to think of it, 2 of which are still unused in their original box :D. i bought em for my micra but it died of rust, and they wont fit under my levin twinpots on the starlet or id use em on that for cushy winter tyres drop me a pm if your interested!

well get it in and start her up if all sound give it a damn good service

then if any probs just get a comp tester and leak down test done if they come up ok chuck in some shells and you might get away with it

Just stock up on service stuff now

Yeah thats what I am planning on doing. I might not get a donor car now since that engine was so cheap. I might just see if I can get hold of a hole ecu, engine loom and anything else which comes with all the wires labeled. Also need stuff like the throttle body.

i have a set of 5 13'' compomotive cx1359 alloys from the 80's thatd look pretty mean on this come to think of it, 2 of which are still unused in their original box :D. i bought em for my micra but it died of rust, and they wont fit under my levin twinpots on the starlet or id use em on that for cushy winter tyres drop me a pm if your interested!

I would love a set of nice 13s mate but my pulsar brakes only work with 14" brakes or bigger.