Forged Engine Wont Start

Hi all,

So recently I purchased a 5E Forged Glanza and I'm having some problems getting it started. The starter motor is clicking when I turn the key but it wont start. So far I've changed the starter motor but I can't think of anything else to change as a new starter motor made no difference.

Any help would be much appreciated

Aamir

Where the hell do you get your money!!! Does it not turn over?? Could be a bad earth somewhere or the flywheel catching something, was it brought like this?

Nope it doesn't turn over bud and hard work pays of haha! Yeah I purchased it knowing that it wouldn't start just trying to find the problem now. Does anyone know if the 5E Starter motor is different to the 4E?

Flat Battery?

I've put a brand new starter motor battery on it so it can't be that :(

Aamir

Edited by Aamir

That's what I thought matt, that or it's ceased solid... Have you tried to bump start it?

Nope I haven't but ill give that a go now bud!

Sounds like engine earths

Ill try that now too, cheers

starter motor wouldnt make a difference to the battery bud, do you mean alternator? Didnt idrees have a problem like this and was flywheel

Yeah but the thing is the engines been running before but its no longer running which is weird that's all. Idrees is at work so I can't even ask him ffs.

Ill try earth it up and see how I get on! Thank you everyone

Aamir

its got some viper alarm on it i think with a little screen on the fob. the car cant be towed due to the crash damage.

The wishbone was bent, I've changed it and it's now bang on :) The previous owner put a new track rod end and tie rod end so it rolls around now. And yeah your correct it's got that alarm on it. I'm going to try turn it over tomorrow and see if that helps. If it's the immobiliser I'll rip that out tomorrow and see if I have any luck

Thanks

Aamir

I had it up on a lift and im sure it had pushed the wishbone back and bent the chassis.

The car had a fair impact low down so much so that it smashed the towing eye off.

I saw that, but it looks like it's been grinded of when someone was putting the FMIC on.. Hmm. Also if the chassis was bent the new wishbone wouldn't have gone on. But it did, I compared the old wishbone with the new one and I found that the wishbone was bent near the ball joint not near the chassis

Aamir

It also looked like the chassis leg was damaged but that could have been from a lift in the past. If it was the case of just putting a new wish bone on it I would have had the car my self. Imho the car is a breaker and I wouldn't put it on the road.

It also looked like the chassis leg was damaged but that could have been from a lift in the past. If it was the case of just putting a new wish bone on it I would have had the car my self. Imho the car is a breaker and I wouldn't put it on the road.

Honestly, the damage isn't that bad. I put a new wishbone on it and its 100% and I guess that's just your opinion but I don't agree. I'd break it but the shells mint so I don't see the point in stripping it?

Aamir