Charlie28's 295.3BHP@1.4Bar Forged Greddy Turbo'd Glanza

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, got a phone call from Luke yesterday to let me know that he's found the source of the problem with my car.

The oil pump is shagged and he's ordered a new one for me. He is going to inspect bearings ect too to make sure it hasn't caused any other problems.

Fingers crossed i'll have it back towards the end of the week and it can go for mapping straight away!

Edited by Charlie28

Fingers crossed for you mate hopefully its just the pump !! and no other damage has been caused :)

james

Best of luck mate

ahh man thats horrible and worrying news.i do hope theres no serious damage been caused.

all the best matey. hope its all sorted soon !!!

Cheers Lads,

I'm hoping the damaged cause to the pump was my own doing when i was trying to get oil pressure. But Luke's going to give the engine a good looking over!

Booked in for mapping at TD on the 7th Feb so hopefully i can still make that!

Well it just gets worse....

When Luke removed the oil pump he noticed some scoring on the pump and ordered me a new one.

While he had the sump off he checked the bearings and there fuc***! I'm not 100% sure of the extent of the damage yet, but its not looking good!

Word of advice.... never trust anyone even if they are a trusted member on the forum and have been on here for years!

So once i find out the extent of the damage i will decide what the best plan of action is, but im royally pissed off atm :angry2:

Well I wrote the last post in advance of the news from Luke at the garage thinking the bearings would be fucked!

But after inspection he said they look ok. So could just be the pump! He's putting it back together tomorrow and we'll see what happens!

mate, its always good practice to replace your oil/water pump...specially if you buy a motor from elsewhere. its relatively cheap to replace and will save you a lot of headache and damage to the motor down the road. dont worry she'll be on the road again soon mate..

mate, its always good practice to replace your oil/water pump...specially if you buy a motor from elsewhere. its relatively cheap to replace and will save you a lot of headache and damage to the motor down the road. dont worry she'll be on the road again soon mate..

Yeah I know I should of changed it! Mistake on my part and now I'm paying for it!

I think the problem goes further than just the oil pump being damaged tbh!

My mate did inspect the bearings but said they look ok along with the crank. But something must be up for metal to get into the sump and damage the pump!

But he's going to put it all back together and we'll see if that sorts the oil pressure problem and I'll do a oil change after a few hundred miles and see how it looks! If it lasts that long!

Think positive buddy, your mate Luke sounds like he's happy that it's all fine :) your be boosting in no time :)

On the up side if something else is broken the hard part is done ( forging ) your just have to splash out for replacement parts which will save some money :)

James

Think positive buddy, your mate Luke sounds like he's happy that it's all fine :) your be boosting in no time :)

On the up side if something else is broken the hard part is done ( forging ) your just have to splash out for replacement parts which will save some money :)

James

Let me know if you need anything dude.

We will get our builds finished and out soon :)

Its making me think of just changing mine for the sake of changing it now though !

Ohhh well if its blow Forged 5E on a GTX28 should be ok ;)

Chin up bro

Cheers Lads,

I'll keep you posted! Got this far, not giving up now!

Planned to do alot of stuff in the car this summer, so i'll sort it some how!

Well today I found the problem with the engine Rob Ebbs sold me...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Every piston is well and truly fucked!!!

I thought Rob was a trusted member of this forum but obviously I was very wrong!

I'm not going to give up though and will try source a bottom end and rebuild it!