• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah,

im thinking of getting it mapped to 1-1.2 bar to start with. till i get used to it.

its so mental at 5psi on the standard map its unreal. its faster than it ever has been now. and its still running in and is unmapped.

and the car wasnt slow before... i dont think im man enough for 2 bar just yet.

thatll give me time to sort the headbolts out aswell.

wise move rick, i could only imagine how quick this sick ep will be once you have thrown some more boost at it.

you need to get some dial vitds up after the therd if you can, that would make a minted watch!

my turbo is gay, and doenst have a funnel on it for an air filter it has bolt holes. not that it isnt ubes having the turbo sucking away unrestricted but also not ubes to suck in stones/leaves/childrens.

2 pieces of metal, a drill, a MIG, and some paint and i has funnelz ^^

S7300391.jpg

nice build mate...

on another note, about running it in, isnt taking it up to 6000k after only 160 miles is a bit crazy surely? most new built engines are run in for at least 1000miles or so around the 4k mark...

nice build mate...

on another note, about running it in, isnt taking it up to 6000k after only 160 miles is a bit crazy surely? most new built engines are run in for at least 1000miles or so around the 4k mark...

if its gentle, what does it matter?

there are many conflicting reports on 'how' to run an engine in, with no facts being given to back them up, its just hearsay.

some people say you should give it death from the start, some people say you should be a complete fairy - its up to you which you do really.

rick chose the tc method.

if i was running mine in, it'd be filled with a mixture of urine, semen and the crushed limbs of newborn babies.

its all personal preference geo, just depends how each individual wants to do things, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that either way is more destructive or less effective than another.

if it goes pop, then bothered, he can get a car thats driven from the right end then :wacko:

yeah, i dont subscribe to the softly softly approach.

i drive my cars hard. and i dont want to pootle this about, then get to the dyno and find out theres something wrong.

give it hell from the start, if something is going to break it would have by now.

nd im not screaming the tits off it to 6k its a built up speed at 1/4 throttle. and the most boost shes seen is about 5 psi.

also, i did have a filter pipe that went behind the light. but, i want it in the bumper. last time i checked headlights were not too good at leting to much cold air though.

also 2, i got me some carbon fibre and strted fecking bout.

they aint finished yet but look pro.

glovebox.

S7300399.jpg

petrol cap.

S7300398.jpg