What brakes you all running?

Forgive me for asking something which has probably been answered a 1000 times but what discs and pads would you recommend for a glanza running approx 150 bhp? Also is there an upgrade for the rear discs as I can only find oe for sale?

Cheers

Tuning Developments and I'D workz do a package of EBC dimpled and grooved front discs and EBC pads I believe. Which in my opinion would be fine for that sort of power.

I'm sure there is dimpled and grooved rear discs available also.

You could however just upgrade your rear pads.

John

Id go for a celica conversion or levin twinpot. Down the line you'll probably want better brakes so may aswell get them out the way first. Pretty sure you can get a kit off here for similar price to these fast road setups. On my v the standard brakes were always shit no matter the pads disks etc

Id go for a celica conversion or levin twinpot. Down the line you'll probably want better brakes so may aswell get them out the way first. Pretty sure you can get a kit off here for similar price to these fast road setups. On my v the standard brakes were always shit no matter the pads disks etc

x 2 - I use the celica set up

Im running 150bhp in my gt and i have adl discs on the front with mintex 1144 pads and stock rears. Ive had my rear brakes in bits and replaced a dodgy piston and all the sliders have been out and greased up so the calipers are working well. The front have been replaced at some point too.

I use the car daily and i think its a decent setup which doesnt cost much.

Edited by Bean

Rather be 'over braked' for the power than over powered for the brakes... Easy to keep adding power than realise the brakes are shit. Personally wouldnt waste any money on the standard front brakes. Had them rebuilt new disks, pads braided lines fluid etc, still had more faith sticking my hand out the window to slow down.

I've got the EBC discs and pads and managed to crack a set after not very long. Received a second set under warranty, and they're pretty good, use them on track etc but I know the Wilwood or K Sports would be much better.

Don't forget tyres though. If you have amazing brakes and shit rubber, you'll not slow down that quick!