Fake harnesses (Takata etc) = death

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't throw a random orange harness claiming to be a fake snide of the takata or whatever it needs to be a fake vs real deal it's not that hard to figure out the ad is useless information it counts for fuck all apart from this orange harness is not safe to use in any car...

these are my favourite type of rants.

the ones where you call someone out, but get it all wrong yourself at the same time.

wonderful stuff.

$_1.JPG

Phil

Yes that's a sparco harness Phil I can see it CRYSTAL CLEAR it looks the real deal now if the video had two of these one real and one fake it would make people think fuck me but you can't see CRYSTAL CLEAR what harness it is you can't see any other harnesses been tested this is my point it's a silly rant but a shit ad which nobody will listen to because they half arsed it.

To broony or gainzy

I'm not saying Yous have got it wrong with regards the colour or them testing the fakes or not.

I just think you've got it wrong by saying the clip/ article doesn't do what it's intended to do.

Make people think and prove the safety issues of fake items.

For any experiment you have to assume it done correctly cause you have no proof.

They could have shown you a lot more and faked the whole test.

Assuming they didn't fake the test and the belt failed well short of a ridiculous speed then it's worrying (for anyone using them)

It's the way a test works

Phil

Dunno why anyone in their right mind would buy a fake harness. Must be off ya nut. Don't skip when it comes to safety devices.

Reason being is that most people buy fake because they can't justify the cost of proper products compared with the vehicle they purchased for a bag of quavers, is probably half the understanding of it. The other half is, well it looks the same as the real one, so that makes me cool.

Back in the day, it used to look cool to smoke a cigarette but it still kills you.

Even then, people that buy fake or real harnesses, 95% of them still install them incorrectly, as I'm sure Dan will tell you from our rant in the other topic last week or so.

It still amazes me how many people, and this is on a worldwide massive scale of car enthusiasts, that will value their life on something that probably cost these Taiwanese or whatever fakes a sixpence to manufacture.

Edited by AdamB

Im always very reluctant to buy stuff off ebay because of quality issues and genuine replicas lol.

Thing is you can go to any half decent motorsports provider and get the genuine items for not much more than the fakes. Ece rated stuff (road legal and tested) starts at like £60 each and FIA approved a bit over £120.

But as adam mentioned none of it matters if its not fitted properly anyway lol

To broony or gainzy

I'm not saying Yous have got it wrong with regards the colour or them testing the fakes or not.

I just think you've got it wrong by saying the clip/ article doesn't do what it's intended to do.

Make people think and prove the safety issues of fake items.

For any experiment you have to assume it done correctly cause you have no proof.

They could have shown you a lot more and faked the whole test.

Assuming they didn't fake the test and the belt failed well short of a ridiculous speed then it's worrying (for anyone using them)

It's the way a test works

Phil

Phill what I am saying is that your smart arse comment is pathetic.

No one is doubting that the video clip puts the correct message across. I will say again read the posts before commenting. Gainsy was clearly saying it "would" of been better if the products in the video were directly related.

Edited by Broony

The worst part about this, is that a lot of you will be fitting fake harnesses on both driver and passenger sides. Who do you think will be to blame if or when you have an accident and your passenger is killed due to a failed safety device?

The world is full of absolute morons, and there are a fair few on here, sticking up for fake stuff. Get back in the sea..

No one is saying test them all.

To get the point across better they should have used all the fake belts they were stating don't you think?

No one is doubting that the video clip puts the correct message across.

my point it's a silly rant but a shit ad which nobody will listen to because they half arsed it.

the ad is useless information it counts for fuck all

If you dont have the intelligence to carry a basic discussion then i would stop short of shouting at people to....

Start reading what people are saying before commenting

I will say again read the posts before commenting.

You may have read the comments but you've went on to prove you haven't understood them on multiple occasions.

You also keep trying to put words in Gainzys mouth,

to be fair to gainzy wasnt being confrontational until i mocked your nonsense which may have seemed aimed at him. (sorry gainzy wasnt having a go)

In my post which you have rightly called smart arsed i also should have made it clearer that the picture was not intended for you, sorry if that caused confusion also.

the picture was in response to gainzy saying he had never seen a harness like the test harness and that they should have used a fake rather than some random orange thing.

Never seen bright orange belt like that takata etc..

Phill what I am saying is that your smart arse comment is pathetic.

Broomy apologies that the comment was given in a smart arsed manner, i had been riled by some one sarcastically asking if another member was 'for real' and encouraging them to read what people are saying before commenting.

Are you for real??

Start reading what people are saying before commenting

Phil

Edited by Phil

Sorry

But in that video you can see it's the bolts holding the eyelets in that snap not the harnesses.

I know a few that have had big smashes with suspect harnesses and been fine.

Fake seats are a diffrent ball game all together.

Sorry

But in that video you can see it's the bolts holding the eyelets in that snap not the harnesses.

I know a few that have had big smashes with suspect harnesses and been fine.

Fake seats are a diffrent ball game all together.

I didnt use the eyelets i got with the rep they looked nasty. I got proper ones from demo tweeks for that reason harness its self seams solid to be honest :)

I didnt use the eyelets i got with the rep they looked nasty. I got proper ones from demo tweeks for that reason harness its self seams solid to be honest :)

Exactly the same here mate, nasty cheap casts.

Bought 8 from jjc race and rally for 25 quid posted that screw straight into the rear belt mounting holes and the seatbelt holes :)