Fake harnesses (Takata etc) = death

It's the clasp that fails, not the bolt, or any of the anchor points.

bWHbXur.png

The material use in the actual harness is I'm sure fine and dandy, it's the more important stuff like the clasps and buckles which have failed.

Don't kid yourself into thinking that fitting one of these things is OK.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair I always thought that the seat belt in a 22 yearold car would be about as much use as a wet paper bag?

I am sure mt car has been in an accident or two and thus that seatbelt has thoroughly been tested. Also add that everything has a shelf life.

To bw fair if I crash my tin can car the safest thing might be to be flown through the window out of the metal death trap and into the nice soft grass. Completely unscathed of course

To bw fair if I crash my tin can car the safest thing might be to be flown through the window out of the metal death trap and into the nice soft grass. Completely unscathed of course

I'm sure your joking but that's def not the case! Unless your incredibly lucky!

Phil

Edited by Phil

Course I am joking lol. The safest thing would be to crash in a lass who has massive knockers, then hope you land into those air bags.

Lol yeah I assumed you were, no harm.

My cousin looked fine, thrown through the front window onto grass, but died at the scene

Safety and sense is a big factor in many accidents, and even bigger factor in injuries sustained.

Phil

My cousin looked fine, thrown through the front window onto grass, but died at the scene

Safety and sense is a big factor in many accidents, and even bigger factor in injuries sustained.

Phil

was that the guy in the Crx years ago Phil I remember that very sad ?

Ah ryt that's terrible

I used to sit up in ballyclair car park years and years ago was a guy that had a Crx a few mates knew him and apparently same thing happened to him around the backroads up that way got chucked out of the car found dead at the scene

Phil

Jeez that's bad.

He wasn't using a fake safety harness by any chance? Or is that not the case here?

Back to my original point though, would the OEM seatbelt from 20 odd years ago still work as inteneded today?

I can only imagine it failing after such a long period of time!

Jeez that's bad.

He wasn't using a fake safety harness by any chance? Or is that not the case here?

Back to my original point though, would the OEM seatbelt from 20 odd years ago still work as inteneded today?

I can only imagine it failing after such a long period of time!

would work fine no reason why it shouldn't if they wer deemed unsafe and didn't meet safety regulations they wouldn't be aloud on the road

If you want to test your seat belt. Give it a quick sharp yank it should lock, if it doesnt you want a new one.

The other thing to look out for is the mounting points rusting though, not so much of a problem on starlets but some cars I've seen havent taken much effort at all to pull out of whats left of the floor.

The worst part about this, is that a lot of you will be fitting fake harnesses on both driver and passenger sides. Who do you think will be to blame if or when you have an accident and your passenger is killed due to a failed safety device?

The world is full of absolute morons, and there are a fair few on here, sticking up for fake stuff. Get back in the sea..

:)

Just don't be a tight bitch and buy proper gear?

:)

It's the clasp that fails, not the bolt, or any of the anchor points.

bWHbXur.png

The material use in the actual harness is I'm sure fine and dandy, it's the more important stuff like the clasps and buckles which have failed.

Don't kid yourself into thinking that fitting one of these things is OK.

Gheeeez must have been paper thin clasps then!

Most are 5mm thick steel plus!

Not sticking up for any product, just throwing in my 2p, known people that have had big smashes with them and been fine and still securely held in place.