• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be worth more standard than modified.

I've only put wheels on it. Everything else is under.

421 manifold

Mister r coilovers

Corolla intake

Lightweight flywheel

4efte clutch

K&n air filter

Surely be worth a tad more?

I've only put wheels on it. Everything else is under.

421 manifold

Mister r coilovers

Corolla intake

Lightweight flywheel

4efte clutch

K&n air filter

Surely be worth a tad more?

I suppose you could always give the option to return to standard or leave as is. The wheels/coilovers might not be everyones cup of tea.

It'd be sad to see someone leaving a starlet for a Clio... I know they make good power but maybe I think like this because starlets are more rare here in France... Anyway, if you decide to put it back to stock I'd be glad to get the OBX manifold from you... (Keep the SR!!)

Edited by EP70-PT

Looks like both of ours will be for sale soon then mate! Why the change of heart? The clios are everywhere because they're cheap and pretty fantastic out of the box. Having had a 197 myself I'm a massive fan of hot clios but they're made of tin foil and fag packets. There are loads of rubbish ones around. If you're set on one then go for the facelift 200, all the niggles of the 197 were sorted. Or a 182 trophy ;) don't get a williams unless it's going to lead a sheltered life.

Looks like both of ours will be for sale soon then mate! Why the change of heart? The clios are everywhere because they're cheap and pretty fantastic out of the box. Having had a 197 myself I'm a massive fan of hot clios but they're made of tin foil and fag packets. There are loads of rubbish ones around. If you're set on one then go for the facelift 200, all the niggles of the 197 were sorted. Or a 182 trophy ;) don't get a williams unless it's going to lead a sheltered life.

Honstely i've kept my eye on them for awhile. I can get incurance on one pretty cheap now lol, plus for the money the 182/172's are you cant fo wrong im just bored of the starlet cant play with the bigger cars or anything like all my mates lol and i don't want to go turbo as i like na alot.

This goes well be cool to see it cammed and on bodies. Clios do go well and handle awesome. Mate has a 172 cammed etc and is insane. But.... they are everywhere at track days

There everywhere at track days because there awesome on a track! Lol do really like them.

I'd say around 1400-1600 quid with standard wheels sr's are one of those cars you love or don't know what they are small market for them ,obviously I love them as I've had mine since 2000 we all know you don't get money back on all modified cars oh the joys eh sell the wheels separate would be the best option I think ,but it looks very tidy by the way if your in no rush aim high you just never know

Edited by burty

Even older fag packets and tin foil ,in fairness mines held up well better than clios of the same era and it's been driven everyday since I bought it, but for value for money track cars Clios are a excellent choice two friends had them only had minor electrical niggles

Ha ha I wouldn't want to crash one. My 08 197 was literally falling apart though and only had around 50k on it compared to all the 90's jap cars I've owned with higher mileage. i prefer the build on them they feel much better put together. If I was after a track car though then I'd go for the 200, best fwd handling car I've ever driven and would put a lot of 4wd cars to shame.