Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
burty

Starlet SR a twenty year daily

Recommended Posts

seats fitted today well fronts what a transformation in terms of seating position , im now undecided to get sr seats in rear to match the door cards or put the gt ones in to match the fronts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided on fitting the rears to match the fronts in the end I had my Sr bench retrimmed when I bought it as you couldn't get glanza seats back then 

Old

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0137.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And how it is now, I've orded a  brand new laguna splitter it's in keeping with the era of the car and just can't get a tte one the only gripe a have with the na is the bumper height hopefully this will sort it also removed the window tints I fitted after 16 years they had gone purple and was letting it down a little 

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0142.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks lovely mate especially without the tints, were they easy to remove? 
 

I love gt seats mate, like you said tho finding 98’s is a mission! 
 

ive got some mint glanza door cards that would go v nicely with those gt seats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are just missing the switch part that’s all

C785D23F-6300-4584-AB09-A95643A706B2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

Looks lovely mate especially without the tints, were they easy to remove? 
 

I love gt seats mate, like you said tho finding 98’s is a mission! 
 

ive got some mint glanza door cards that would go v nicely with those gt seats 

Thanks mate been to jr classics restorations today they have been round it and its booked in for 4th January that's how busy they are it's costing me a lot but this car is a life long project that I want to own all my life the amount of memories and good times (and bad) wrapped up in this car can never be replaced could own a nice glanza tbh but this projects not about that, work to be carried out 

2 new full length sills 

Both rear inner arches replaced 

Passeger side rear quarter replaced

New passeger door 

Full underseal 

Full respray in silver 

Wheels refurbished 

New decals fitted 

Full cavity wax in doors rear arches bootlid, and bonnet.......... 

I NEED YOUR TTE LIP 

Seriously though thanks for the kind words SR's don't get the love they deserve 

The film came off easy the glue was a absolute ball ache used nail varnish remover Mrs not impressed had to buy her another litre 

Edited by burty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

They are just missing the switch part that’s all

C785D23F-6300-4584-AB09-A95643A706B2.png

You are right they look awesome but I'm sure my plastics a lighter shade of grey? If it's not il have em

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SR’s are worth the effort mate, wish I’d never sold mine but I know it’s in good hands now. Wow that’s a lot of work tho, makes me feel quite lucky how solid mine was.

yeah your plastics are lighter but the full plastics are really easy to change over. I bought The door cards and the next day I was offered the 98’s so I never fitted them. They’ve been in my loft around 5 years. Well, you know where they are if you need a pair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks nice, may I ask, how is the rear spoiler fitted? I've only got the S which doesn't have one and if I can find a black or turquoise one I'd eventually get one :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

The SR’s are worth the effort mate, wish I’d never sold mine but I know it’s in good hands now. Wow that’s a lot of work tho, makes me feel quite lucky how solid mine was.

yeah your plastics are lighter but the full plastics are really easy to change over. I bought The door cards and the next day I was offered the 98’s so I never fitted them. They’ve been in my loft around 5 years. Well, you know where they are if you need a pair. 

I know yours was a good one if not the best Rarely see black in fact I can't honestly remember last time I saw a Sr on the road must be 5 years ago 

Also got my aircon regassed bloody needed it yesterday 

In fairness its my decision to do all that work complete sills labour's gonna cost same as patching so just replace full length  it's only the back that's going a little in the usual spots and  same for the rear quarter doesn't really need doing it's more for the scabby arch  I'm only using the bit below the fuel cap towards the door but it's having a respray anyway (again I could just have the repair work blown in) so may as well replace stuff its in decent nick for 22 years old and owes me absolutely nothing it's the inner rears that needed the attention I like things doing properly mate, I'm having all the doors box sections etc cavity filled to prevent the rust I could not bother with that part  it's the paint that's so expensive it would bug me knowing only bits had been done lol,I'm like you want things doing right mate it's gonna be kept in the garage and used for shows on dry weekends I can replace money I  can't replace S447XHL like part of family now, got the nod off a mr2 owner yesterday on the a1

As for the door cards your saying the material comes away from the darker plastics? 

Edited by burty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RWDM47 said:

This looks nice, may I ask, how is the rear spoiler fitted? I've only got the S which doesn't have one and if I can find a black or turquoise one I'd eventually get one :) 

Thanks mate it certainly will by the time I'm finished in the next twelve months silver hides a multitude of sins, il be honest I'm not sure il take a look later for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Found a absolute treasure trove of New old stock for toyotas called old school retro

DSC_0151.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

Edited by burty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interior is looking mint mate! Tried replying to the message you sent but can't 🤔 Where is that new old stock place? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its in bury mate top bloke mainly 70s and 80s parts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, burty said:

I know yours was a good one if not the best Rarely see black in fact I can't honestly remember last time I saw a Sr on the road must be 5 years ago 

Also got my aircon regassed bloody needed it yesterday 

In fairness its my decision to do all that work complete sills labour's gonna cost same as patching so just replace full length  it's only the back that's going a little in the usual spots and  same for the rear quarter doesn't really need doing it's more for the scabby arch  I'm only using the bit below the fuel cap towards the door but it's having a respray anyway (again I could just have the repair work blown in) so may as well replace stuff its in decent nick for 22 years old and owes me absolutely nothing it's the inner rears that needed the attention I like things doing properly mate, I'm having all the doors box sections etc cavity filled to prevent the rust I could not bother with that part  it's the paint that's so expensive it would bug me knowing only bits had been done lol,I'm like you want things doing right mate it's gonna be kept in the garage and used for shows on dry weekends I can replace money I  can't replace S447XHL like part of family now, got the nod off a mr2 owner yesterday on the a1

As for the door cards your saying the material comes away from the darker plastics? 

I went to view around 6 before buying mine. To be honest mate from what I’ve seen it must be the best one around, I’ve seen lover mileage but terrible condition and then ones that aren’t too bad but still nowhere near as clean. I do love them though to be honest no matter how rough they are, feel like I want to save every one I see. 
 

yeah it’s very easy to re-trim the door cards, I don’t think the pattern is too far off though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking fresh! Nice thread

Yep, ive got 20 odd years of corrosion too 😉

Selling the interior by any chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a little update while i search for the tte lip ive fitted a laguna splitter it the only modification the exterior will get ive always felt the front end was missing something and the laguna is a safe choice and in keeping with the 90s styling 

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-04 at 19.44.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-04 at 19.44.22 (1).jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im after a nice steering wheel now if anyone has something id be interested in drop me a message standard or nice aftermarket my current one it what you would expect for 150k and 22 years old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much to update really just put a few miles on her suspension settled down and feels perfect suprised by the grip on the budget tyres aswell  be different in wet I'd imagine, more parts arriving next week can anyone recommend a decent tyre size and make I've only ever ran stock sizes in continentals but fancy a change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...