Sparkys EP82 quadlight

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I am keeping the piece of shit.

90psi on cylinder 1 and 150+ on the rest.

Gonna sell some bits like my exhaust, BOV and other things I dont need to get some money and over winter gonna save like mad and forge the fuck out of my other engine. Looking at changing my turbo aswell to a VF series so hopefully will be running 300hp ready for JapFest next year.

I will leave you with some pictures from recent times until I have any updates with the build.

Loving how clean she looks here

306217_2336197613299_1500621132_32572337_2234412_n.jpg

Hungry?

315677_2344603143432_1500621132_32582979_6430383_n.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

p4pb7104833.jpg

Engine-3.jpg

POTM????

Sparky.jpg

Easy and definitley the better option in everyway.

Although I was at a Honda meet at the weekend and they was impressed :p especially a lad with a 300hp supercharged EP3 who had me sat by the side of him all the way to 120 ;)

After 120 i hope you walked away from him.....?

Thought this motor was rebuilt again??

Forged doesnt always mean reliable ;)

Yes it has the scope to push a wee bit further than normal, but certainly doesnt mean it will "garantee reliability"

@ Rory we only took it to 120 couldnt say that i would of walked away. A 290hp gave me a good run all the way to just over 160 :p But yea I know forged engines can go bang but Ricky said cylinder 1 was a bit more oval than he would of liked but that was a risk I took. Time to do it properly ;)

@ Rory we only took it to 120 couldnt say that i would of walked away. A 290hp gave me a good run all the way to just over 160 :D But yea I know forged engines can go bang but Ricky said cylinder 1 was a bit more oval than he would of liked but that was a risk I took. Time to do it properly :D

I'm placing my money on head gasket. Both the block and head wanted skimming. Saying that a coolant change might have helped if its anything like last time. It looks like you've stored the block at the bottom of the ocean.

Also the crank was in pretty bad shape.

Stock engines are reliable if in good shape. As somebody else said, forged doesn't guarantee you to be reliable, they have to be built with great care and good tolerances.

Your like the un-luckiest wanker in the world haha

Glad your keeping her though man, onwards and upwards !!

Least he's not the biggest.... :p

Look at me, i've posted twice on facebook now on here!

Least he's not the biggest.... :p

Look at me, i've posted twice on facebook now on here!

Haha twat !

Was going to say whats up with you, poped up on facebook other day and now posting outside your traders area ! too much time on your hands .... time that could be spent finishing a certain Eg Civic :D

Back on topic .... Parts ordered Lew ?

even id have probably given up by now lol and im very patient :lol:

i know your pain though mate my white GT was an omen and no matter how well and careful i built it it would still fuck up on me all the time. glad to be shot of it to be honest but keep the faith dude

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing is going to be ordered until the new year, still deciding on what parts to go for and a different turbo so wont be any real updates until the new year.

But yea Rick I am quite pissed off with that engine, I bought it not hearing it running and when we stripped it it was in terrible shape and didnt look really well serviced or looked after, really should of checked the bores and crank there and then really, lesson learnt, a very expensive lesson at that, could of built a monster of an engine with what I spent on that fucking one!!

• 3 weeks later...