Sparkys EP82 quadlight

Im actually really upset to see this go the way of so many other starbo's that go bang. :( Really thought it would never come to this but needs must mate and at the end of the day its all about the chedder!

Im sure you will be back in a beast before long dude.

Oh and as you will be breaking it i will be very interested in anything green thats on the car :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just got back from Glastonbury and heard the awful news, really sorry Sparky, i know how much effort you put in this. When mine blew last year at Silverstone i couldnt even look at it for 6 months before getting the courage to rebuild it!.

Gutted dude, glad i had a ride in her though, was quality :)

Dude UKSC wont be right without you in a Starlet dude! Surely you can just keep it on your drive for a bit longer and saved like you did last time!! You cannot break this after all the effort/time and money you have invested into it.

I would actually donate some money towards you keeping this.

dont break it mate. to many people do this and it is just a waste of a good car and the car should of been left in japan. people that break them that do not finish or are a little disheartened about something go wrong are in the wrong game like. this is what modding is all about taking ruff with the smooth. cars are money pits i no big style as most of the peeps on here do. but to spend all the time and money and not even get it running write and break it is just criminal. HAVE A GOOD THINK MATE 800 is not much even if it takes you 6month to save the doolar peeps will respect you more than just giving up on it so early.

sorry to sound like this but it sounds as if you are a bit of a quiter

me to i would help out sparky got a few pistons and engine bits if u let me know wat u need can donate a head gasket thw only standard. if u going rwd do a ultra light mid mount, i helped raced a VX for a while and it was amazzing. and my god parts wer cheap.

chris

keep it mate she has your name all over it, well wanted to pitch my corrola against the gt.

whats the point? get it finished man like you said you got that far and have not even drove it fully mapped before..

atleast finish it then break it ;)

you will be back in a starlet every one always does lol...

not from my last convo with him, but i have a feeling i may know whats comming :)

:)

oh and after our last convo lew, i forgive you for breaking it. i think im ready to give us another go now im not so mad at you lol ;)

vx dude thy fucking kick ass trust me just like a lotus but very cheap cheap. and to drive thy stick to the road like u would not belive. i want 1 bad.

chris

aviod the turbo thy mental in the wet. and near anuff impossible to insure as thy kill thr owners after the first week. no joke

i can show u everything to do with tunning this motor as this was the last engine i got close and personal with. just finished putting 1 in a corsa C its on craign's build thread just behind the polly engine bushes.

I think steve is thinking he may no whats happening liam. But i wonder if your thinking what im thinking steve, as i think we maybe thinking the same thought, but im also thinking if im thinking some thing different and im wrong ill look daft so im thinking its best to not say what im thinking.

Hope that helped clear things up liam :D

Update

Ricky has taken the head off and inspected the pistons.

He said one of the waterways around number 3 was severely blocked and was the most likely cause for the ring failure on number 3. I hold my hands up to that as we didnt really clean the waterways out thoroughly enough, this engine was seriously mistreated before I bought it :D

Upon further inspection Ricky said number 1 piston burns a bit of oil so tomorrow he will measure all the tolerances etc but looks like I will be sending 2 new pistons up and replacing those, number 2 and 4 were good so hopefully by repairing number 1 thats the next weakest link taken care of.