Sparkys EP82 quadlight

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF! noooooooooooooo! dont be such a light weight sparkster :) what happened to stock internal big power! :( you reay need to be sure before you jump in on this decision bud :D

None of you quite understand how I feel about this :D

If I could afford to keep it I would, I have literally NO money, NOTHING! The only way I can get back on my feet is by breaking.

Its fucking breaking my heart, feel like crying writing this out, all the time, money and blood sweat and tears put into building and sourcing all the BEST parts for the build and it didnt even get to see what it should of.

I am devastated like you wouldnt believe there wont be another GT like this one, the same as my old Starlet

Such a shame, but if needs must then I understand where you're coming from

Glad I got to have a ride in this, I'll always have that memory of being scared the shit out of for the first time in a car LOL :)

Cant stop looking at 180's and 14a's, worked out there is £7500 worth of bits on the GT, be happy to get £5k back and go towards a nice specced streeto car :)

Onwards and upwards :)

There will be a thread with all the parts tomorrow so keep your eye's peeled :(

Obviously I need to recover the car first so maybe by teh weekend it will start being stripped.

Well theres obviously something broke, wouldnt just drop compression, everyone knows how shit the stock pistons and rings are.

If there was a cheap and easy fix I'd look into it, will probably strip the engine if no interest in it as a whole.

i wouldnt say stock pistons and rings are shit at all. theres loads of starlets running 100+bhp over their stock power out put from the factory, with some of these engines over 20 years old now. i ran a td05 setup for around 2 years with no issues ect. or look at mini valvers making 252bhp, that gets abuse every time its taken out, its seen 165mph a few times now too, last 1/4 mile day it did 25 runs maybe more no bother. something must have been wrong with your engine for it to fail all of a sudden on the rollers.

Not just the engine as a variable here either, remember it was being mapped at the time.

Person behind the lap top is another variable.

i wouldnt say stock pistons and rings are shit at all. theres loads of starlets running 100+bhp over their stock power out put from the factory, with some of these engines over 20 years old now. i ran a td05 setup for around 2 years with no issues ect. or look at mini valvers making 252bhp, that gets abuse every time its taken out, its seen 165mph a few times now too, last 1/4 mile day it did 25 runs maybe more no bother. something must have been wrong with your engine for it to fail all of a sudden on the rollers.

im gutted! i know you have been looking at the rwd dark side for a long while, just bare in mind sparkster if you break this car............................. we are over!!! thats it I've said it. balls in your court! i only ever loved you for the gt!

Bet it's not as bad as my engine loosing comp. I lost the middle of the conrod? Bits of the block front and back :-) and the piston skirt? Strip it down and see what's wrong before you break just incase it's an easy fix :-)