Nanglebadgers work in progress

@Mart...thanks very much man that really means aot, im excited to see where the current 'to do' list takes the car. The main thing thats escaping me at present is the ZEP top spoiler...damn thing!!!

After that...she needs ARBS, desperatley, i was thinking full susco blue roll cage but i dont know if they fit with the pillar pods, so maybe a half cage if they dont...and i need to talk to Toby about N/a shape CF bonnets, if her cant get them i'm gonna go see Smythy 75, he knows a guy!!

@Rob...that look reptty smart man, dunno if it would hold enough y-fronts and sour tongues and booze for me and mark for a weekend tho!!! lol!

@Rich...i know i know i know, i hadnt a CLUE about these cars when i first started on here, i was just thinkin the other day how much my tastes and style have changed and how the plans for the car have evolved from when i started, the exhausts are a remnant of those days i know, but if she ever gets a turbo transplant they'll have to go anyway so i aint fussed about loosin them at the mo, i think they make her that wee bit different still, maybe not jap, more german in their style, but nonetheless, they'll do for a brave while yet!

here's some pics of the CF cooling panel....NOT fitting!!!!

DSC_0001-6.jpg

DSC_0002-7.jpg

DSC_0003-5.jpg

DSC_0004-5.jpg

updates will occur as parts arrive, insurance is up next month, so we'll see how that goes, declared items need changed abit as the konigs are gone, plus IAM licence, plus protect my 5yrs (fingers crossed i can make it til then!! PLEASE!!!!) - an when I've sorted the policy for the next 12months im gonna price a conversion, somehow i doubt it;ll be as nice as wot Graeme got his for!

Phil.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the konigs havnt sold sparky man, they're still sittin in the shop, i'm hopin they will get some interest with the incoming spring...i hope! i just mant as they aren't on the car any longer i dont have to declare them.

and rob, a panel could be made, it would need a mould made up, sheet metal could be used, but it would need more resin shot through the CF to make it more rigid so as to hold the folds, the glanza one isn't very rigid which is fine on a glanza thanks to the bumper, but the shape of an n/a one would need more rigidity.

Phil.

h'mm i wonder if it would be possible to have a couple of little brackets at either mounting screww at the top of the bumper to suport it possibly with someform of support running acrcross to take the weight!?!?!?

( :rolleyes: where has my grinder gone???)

yes the gap would still be there bus isnt the point of the panel to prevent cold air fron flowing over the radiator in the n/a's case it would need to sit between the top cross member and the bonnet to serve its purpose and deflect air down to the radiator! In the glanza and the GT's cases there is no gap so the panel would be to prevent the air from escaping up over the radiator or from the grill. What i sugested would be like an extension of the grill!?!?!?

Any way enough of this idle chat!! Nice car phil :rolleyes:

i think i follow u now man!

thanks dude.

need to send the panel back to tobs before i leave on sat.

minor driving edit, am now doin the necessary steps to be a Qualified Advanced Driving Observer! get in! your car can be as quick as u like but if u cant driv it round a corner properly wot use is it?

Phil.

Cheers Robear!!!!!!!!!

Liam....the IAM advanced driving qualification is pretty straight forward...u do 2 or 3 classes, one a week lasting maybe 2hrs. that is mainly the theory stuff, general driving(taking in, using, and giving out information to other road users), (PROPER) roundabout procedure, limits points (i.e. driving round a bend the correct way), and depending on your group, looking at the Police Advanced Driving video.

After each class u will probably go out for a short (30min) run in your car with someone who has already passed the test (i.e. an observer). This person is NOT an instructor and YOU are responsible for the vehicle, but they will observe your driving and start to pick up on any bad habits and mistakes that you have. After the 2 or 3 class room sessions thats the end of them, u are paired up with an observer who you arrange to meet to go out for runs (mine were 80miles because my observer was a lege!!!). You will spend as much time with them as necessary until u are aware of EVERYTHING on AND OFF the road! if there is a tractor 3 fields away u should know its colour! irrelevant to the road but it shows that u see EVERYTHING!!!! your observation is the key thing, u'll be expected to know the highway code (easy crap that), u will also do the usual manouveres (only without the bullshit of handbrake and neutral all the time), u WILL do the speed limit (so u must be off your R plates) and in general u will polish your driving, its NOT hard!

Once this obsever has done all they can for u, they will pass u up to a senior observer who will do 1 or 2 or 3 runs with u to check u are test-ready, and then u will do your test with an Advance driving examiner, this will last up to 90mins (unless your ME who did it in 40mins, but then i had a head start in driving at a higher than usual standard). and thats it, all for £75 or so.

Adrian Flux recognise the test and discount accordingly!

then u can go on to help put other people through the course as me and mark have done, and u can also do the qualifications to be a Qualified Obersever and a Senior Observer, which again are not exactly difficult.

Its really not to hard, the key is OBSERVATION!!!! taking in, using and giving out information and always thinking one step ahead about any hazrads that could occur and adjusting your driving for them accordingly.

Phil.

lol thanks Lewis mate. i had a head start for a couple of reasons that i cant really go into over the net, security in NI and all that jazz, tho u can feel free to msg me if your that intrigued man. My driving will never be as good as my dad but i can try, I've found since the test i have...slacked off into bad habits tho this is somewhat expected. I wouldnt say im a hell of a driver, i have no doubt that there are people out there who can go round corners quicker than me and who spot and hit the apex properly everytime, and indeed there are other means of cornering faster than using limit points, but as a civilian there is no higher standard that can be achieved which is a real shame and very frustrating to me because i would like to go alot higher but cant as a civi. one of my good mate's new gf is a rally driver in her spare time, i have no doubt at all that she could teach me ALOT and i have no shame sayin that just because she's a girl.

wot i have been trained from my very first lesson with a somewhat more...qualified...driving instructor is to be aware of EVERYTHING that is goin on from as far ahead as u can see infront to as far behind as u can possibly see, this gives u the time necessary to see, evaluate and adjust accordingly to whatever may be happening.

its all in the observation! wots the most common word used to police at the scene of an accident?? that something happened "Suddenly". if you're payin attention and thinking about wot could possibly happen there is VERY LITTLE that can occur 'suddenly'. theres the key mate!

Rob and Liam, its defo worth while, it takes VERY little time to do and if u have passed your standard driving test with no problems then it will pose u no problems at all, it simply polishes your driving further, again same as the standard test, the point is to learn to drive for the test, after which u go back to havin one arm on the window ledge, but hopefully u continue with some of your new better habits too.

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...