Nanglebadgers work in progress

so when do I get paid for creating the new Ethos of your car...i.e. being Blurple :p And for Joz, put it this way, he hasn't even really begun with his car yet....the next month or so will be an eye opener for some (Joz, check out the Rolling Road thread of Saturday, it should give you encouragement I would think) :angry:

by the way...what the hell is Craic?! I keep hearing that, and I just think you're all dirty little druggies!! And I have an excuse, I'm foreign :p

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ANNNNNNNNND its happened again!!

'this your car mate?? she a turbo??'

F*CK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! poxy damn Leon TD drivers!

now i know how Scutch used to feel back in the day!

Phil.

you see what i mean phil? i LOVE your ep, and dont want to see you sell it. in the same way i loved my old n/a.

i know what its like mate... you can try and tell yourself you dont give a f*ck but really deep down, you do.

do what i didnt, dont be like me and give up on the n/a!

Updates sound awsome man!!!

Crystal lights will update the front of your EP a treat :p

I totaly feel what you mean though mate, I would LOVE A white Glanza with white wheels, would be the ultimate for me but I am MORE than happy right now to carry on with the Carribbean project for a few more years yet as its much more unique than a white V, NO offence to anyone witha white V at all :angry:

Stick with the BLURPLE BEAST :p

thanks again for the suppoprt gents! really means alot!!!

as Riko has stated, even without an FTE transplant there is still ALOT that needs doin to the car - rollcage, brakes, coilies, refurb the speedies, ARBs, n/a spec CF bonnet, engine dampner etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

but...if an FTE conversion were on the cards, well at least she is semi ready. makr and i have talked about it alot and it would be a hell of a lot of fun!! no question! we would both learn alot about turboes for a start!

hopefully see the arrival of some parts today and tomorrow...hopefully.

and riko my good man, yes, u are indeed the man behind 'Blurple'! and for that i thank u! infact, y do i not have u on msn?? how gay!!!! nanglebadger@hotmail.com, get with the program!!!!!!!

Phil.

Keep at it phil!!! I've seen your car in the flesh and i love it!!!

And as for the conversion. I had a fund for the conversion which i have overspent on and over christmas i had to watch what i spent but i just keep thinking of what the end result is going to be.

So far i've spent

4EFTE rebuilt engine with new modified loom £780

FMIC £300

BOV £100

Labour to put it in £100-£200

New exhaust (quoted) £295

Import charges £487.22

I could have sold my car and bought a glanza easily with the amount i've spent but i wanted the conversion to be different. You could do it cheaper but im a perfectionist and i wanted it doing right first time.

At the end of the day it's your car an what you make of it, regardless of what any other mindless person thinks.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Bourkey

hmmmmmm u havnt appeared up on my msn riko...odd, i shall adds u!!!

yes, Joz has informed me of his plans...they rock!!! they rock so much they rock the third rock from the sun to the very core!!!!

thanks for your support Bourkey man, it means alot, its not often u and i exchange conversation on here, time i think we were on msn too! get me added!!!

i phoned Jay tonight for an indepth discussion, rick and i had discussed the option of turboing my existing block due to the little known fact that the only real internal difference by the way FTE and n/a is the head gasket and the pistons, other than that the stock internals and stock gear box will absorb 200bhp...interesting fact folks!

but, Jay has suggested that if i go boost, that i stay with wots tried and tested, the FTE! but, i will enquire as to all options with Flux either tomorrow or wednesday and see wot the story is. Rick Si and I know of a low mileage unabused FTE block, and Jay has a bottom end in his yard, all it needs is a fresh head...so options are still open.

no parts arrived today :lol: :lol: ;) :p:D damn snail mail!

oh and Riko, craic means banter.

Phil.

yes Jay i understand wot your sayin about the ease of a front cut, but i know of a particularly sound engine that should hopefully become available soon, and to be honest, im the kind of guy who is fussy and puts a premium on pease of mind when doing somethin like this.

if i were to buy a front cut, yes i would have all the necessary parts, but i would know nothing about that cars past, how it was maintained, if it was ragged, and that would always (and i do mean ALWAYS) niggle in the back of my head, everyday, all day.

whereas, the engine that i told u about in england, yes it might be the long way to go, and yes it will mean having to then source ALL the other necessary components, but i wont mind that because i will TRUST that engine in my head, i will not doubt it for a second, and i will be a MUCH happier guy for that.

i know it might seem....odd, or fussy, or that im ignoring the advice of MUCH more experienced folk, but my dad will also be having a say in how this is done as he paid for the car initially and all things are run past him first, and he would also be happier knowing we can trust the engine we get.

at the minute the only real thing everyone is disagreeing over is what engine i get and how much money i will require spending....when it comes to the actual TECHNICAL shit and the real converting, fret not gents, thats when your experience and knowledge will be written down on a page so i can re-read it when i forget something!!!!!!!

the obtaining an engine might be fussy and the more expensive way, but its simply the way i'd be happier doin it, at least im not doing anything mechanically to the car that is unsafe and u guys disapprove of, this is only the preliminary stages here, which im simply being fussy about, but its my car and i have always been fussy with her and always will be, she will never see random crap goin in here, i think this engine of rick's would be a cracker to get as i know its safe and sound, which just makes me happy.

Phil.