Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Status Report - Update

Ultra Racing Room/Floor Bar - awaiting delivery

Duck-tail spoiler - arrived

SiKillaMart C-Pillar bar - awaiting delivery

StarletRick Anti Lift Plates - awaiting delivery

Illuminated Ignition Barrel - fitted but not yet wired in

Glanza Cup Holder - on order, awaiting Nath gettin his finger out!

Rhiostat - on order, awaiting Nath gettin his finger out!

Secret Birthday/Christmas Pressent from Mark - on order, awaiting Nath gettin his finger out!

14" Jap Lightweight Alloys - on order, awaiting the sale of the Konigs

Oil Catch Can - gathering dust

Glanza S Injectors - going to see Jay tomorrow

Front Door Cards - carpet arrived, awaiting fitment

Glanza S engine work - going to see Jay tomorrow

FTE ideas - in technical talks to educate myself, no real steps to be taken for a while, the engine wont be available for a wee while, no rush tbh, plenty of other things to do and pay for first.

I have also managed to secure another part of the handling puzzle that i had previously decided against, but am going to give it a bash, should be here next week, all thanks to the Jozinobi one!

really disappointed that the lights and room bar havnt arrived this week yet, bit of a piss take really, NI aint that damn far away! was hoping to have them both fitted before the weekend!

would just like to say a mucho special thanks to Rick, SiCaln and Jay for putting up with my incessant questions these past couple of weeks, thanks gents!

Phil.

hahahaha, Jay mate, I cant thank u enough for an awesome day!!!! we were smilin and talkin turbo the whole way home!

we had to chance to inspect turboed engines and to learn a lot today, and we have come away from it with a much better understanding of exactly what all is involved.

So, with that being said, the decision has been made, im gonna go for a full front cut (my apologies to Si and Rick for messin u about, but this way i will have EVERYTHING i need at once, it'll be a straight swap over, no messin about, and also si's engine might not be available for quite sometime due to some unfortunate circumstances, so with a front cut i can get goin sooner rather than later).

Either I will contact Trevor in Ballymena to find me a GOOD front cut from which i can flog all the unwanted parts (bumpers, bonnets etc etc etc), or more likey and more appealing to me, is that Jay will be watching for a breaker with a suitable engine, and we will use that, nice and simple. the conversion will be done in his driveway, and for the beginning we will be aiming for standard power, so about 120-130 bhp, thats more than enough for me to get used to before uping the power.

Jay let me drive the auto GT today on the open road (nearly standard power so about 130bhp)...and oh good LORD!!!!!!!!!! its just.....immense!!!!!! its a freakin ROCKET SHIP!!! toyota were MAD to let people drive these straight out of the factory!! MAD!!!!!! that was my first time behind the wheel of an EP turbo on the road, and im still smiling from it, this is gonna be SO much fun in my car!! i cant wait!

like Jay and Mark have both said, a turbo will do my car more justice, it has come a brave way and this is the next logical step. yes theres other parts to do too, but one thing at a time!!!!

i wouldnt expect much in the way of progess other than preppin for the next few months, like mischellaneous parts required, like TRD engine mounts, but the wheels are in motion, Jay has the most work to do now tbh.

Also, crystal lights arrived today woohooooooooo so will fit those at the start of next week!!!

sleeper-squad here we come!

also, I cant do BOTH the turbo AND JAE, it has to be one or the other this year, however, after the relative disappointment of last yr, this will give a year to let things settle down and for JAE to get established in the new venue, and we will hopefully be back bigger and better next year! again tho, nothing is confirmed there, so dont freak out with me for a few months yet!

Phil.

I love your posts, biiiig essay stylee posts :D

Good news though man (other than the JAE bit)

Regarding JJAE though, the money spent getting to JAE would definately be better spent improving the car (even though it's already amazingly amazing)

:lol:

thanks Vboi, thats very sound of u to say man! thank u!!

Jay, thanks man, cant wait for this to all get rollin, your help will be MORE than appreciated! like i said yesterday, my car started as an n/a and will remain lookin like an n/a at the front, the skirts and spoilers are just to make her a bit smarter lookin! no way am i parting with that TTE splitter! get a black FMIC behind it for the stealthyness!

my car turboed will indeed make me smile...ALOT!!!!

keep the old eyes peeled man!!!

Phil.

you are a sensible man i tell thee!! Hope youget it sorted sooner rather than late my friend!! Tis a bit of a pooper you wont be at JAE though, and you know you going to hate it when we all have an awesome time and your just looking at the piccies!! ;)

PS Amy isnt happy with you!!! :) ;)

cheers Faisal man!

@Si, dude, u know as well as i do already that your gonna be as involved in this conversion as I am!!!! i can see the LENGTHY msn chats now!!! haha...poor u!!! all the questions to come lol!

@Rob, thanks man, if im gonna do it, i wana do it right, i wana have as close to factory reliability as possible! none of this break down crap!

As for JAE, only time will tell, if my mum wins the lotto i'll do both! i promise!

Phil.

okies, marko and myself got round to gettin the crystal lights fitted today, and to put it simply, i is MOST chuffed!!!!!!! much better!!!! simple as that!

STILL NO FUCKING SIGN of my your room bar tho, no harm but this is a fuckin piss take now, it was sent like middle of the week before last! I dont live in fuckin Outter Mongolia, where the hell is it! bit of a joke tbh.

anyways, pics!

DSC_0001.jpg

who needs lights!

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

LIGHTS ON!

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Phil.