• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks awesome mate...:D

would you do it in the SR for me :lol:? lol

Rob

cheers mate... if you got stuck bud, just give us a shout. i'll do (almost) anything for cash! you know that! :p:wacko:

That looks simply stunning Mr Scutch0 :DB)

I love it.

Bit of a noob question, but what type of paint of paint did you use for all those bits?

Spray can stuff or other paint?

cheers mate.

it was just basic spray cans mate. primer, basecoat, paint and laquer.

Rich.

Rich

GReddy = crashbar retention

yes but, si, greddy = dirty great hole in bank balance

plus you know what im like for spending money!

high heat primer i guess?

nope. basic grey primer. if you prep the surface well you wont need any special primers. and i dont use plastic primer either... its just a waste of time. basic grey primer is what i use for all my spraying.

my old n/a is still running around with its painted cam cover, fuel rail and inlet manifold and thats not started coming off yet, and i sprayed that the same way!

minted mate, that looks well smart, thats a decent choice of color :wacko:

cheers geo. glad you like it!

yes phil mate, i use a gloss white basecoat, this really brings the colour out with only one coat of the colour you want, instead of doing 3-4 coats to get the colour right you can do it with 1-2 coats, plus it give a much glossier finish at the end.

depends on what colour your using tho. i just use white constantly, as it makes the paint alot brighter.

hks actuator update

i bought a unused hks actuator off fishy on sunday, and went about fitting it yesterday morning. was a bit of a mission but nothing too intense, but the efi pipe had to come off which was tricky, and then it wouldnt clear the new actuator.. but i did the whole job in just over an hour which was nice.

i initially set it to .8bar, but once i fitted it it was suffering for very slight boost creep in 4th and 5th and brought the engine management light on as it peaked at .9bar.

so i had to adjust it (which i could do on the car thankfully) down to .7-.75bar which is perfect as it creeps to .8 in 4th and 5th.

also gave it a wash and wax over my week off.

DSC00839.jpg

fitted

DSC00840.jpg

nice and clean

P1010101.jpg

all this time i had been bitching that my glanza was underpowered, and i now think ive solved it, ive changed the thermostat which solved the massive overfueling, and the lack of power and changed back to the stock bov which has really helped torque but since fitting the actuator i see what all the fuss is about! much quicker. im the happiest ive ever been with the car now! :angry:

Rich.

nice one scutch, lucky it came with both the pin and hole arms..!

You and si will have to do another comparson, as his clutch has came, and its going in on friday i think!

Rob