P10206231.jpg

P10206241.jpg

P10206251.jpg

P10206261.jpg

P10206271.jpg

P10206281.jpg

P10206291.jpg

P10206301.jpg

its not true takata green, but its as close as i could get... and the clear coat brightened it up more than i wanted, but overall im happy with the result, altho the paint reacted with the undercoat after it had dried which is annoying, but o well... getting loads of "WTF?" looks which is funny.

Rich.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they look cool as fook mate! well done and keep up the good work bud

good work mate very impressive

cheers guys B)

Im loving it B)

Will we see it at JAE, got a feeling the pics dont do it justice

yeah, the pics really dont do it justice, when the sun hits the paint they just look great.

sorry to disappoint sparky, but i wont be at jae this year, money issues and not being able to get the weekend off have put an end to that.

Looks awesome mate!! I knew it would though!!!

cheers buddy.

also had a peek inside the top mount to see if there was much oil floating around in there, as i remember someone saying its a good way of seeing if the turbo's throwing out any oil.

DSC00718.jpg

Smashing car, great read.

What pipe tells if the turbos running well??

it doesnt tell you if its running well as such, but if your turbos mullered the intercooler pipework will have quite alot of oil in, aswell as your bov spitting out oil, and oil round the wastegate

brakes update

ive been getting some bits together in the last few months to improve my brakes as theyre completely shit...

so i got:

braided lines

mintex 1144 front pads

standard rear pads

dot 5.1 fluid

didnt bother with discs as the ones on the car were in good nick, plus ive had 3g's in the past and i thought they were shit, i couldnt stand the noise they made... so just plain discs for me thanks.

fitted it all yesterday and wow, what a difference already, gonna give them a good 300miles to bed in as i ruined a set of greenstuffs on my old car by not bedding them in.

what a bastard tho. EVERY single slider was seezed... so had to take them all out clean all the shit off, re grease them and put them back together.

but its much better already.

no pics, because i was too busy swearing at the pissing sliders.

Rich.

lol sliders are a bitch arent they

Sounds good mate, I also didnt bed in my greenstuffs, they work ok but im sure they would of been better, lasted a very long time though, over 10k and still going strong!!

lol sliders are a bitch arent they

Sounds good mate, I also didnt bed in my greenstuffs, they work ok but im sure they would of been better, lasted a very long time though, over 10k and still going strong!!

yes they are. nice one, my greenstuffs just glazed over and didnt really work after then, so hopefully the mintex will be an improvement.

funny stuff man, hope it all went to plan, didnt hear from you so i guess it did

yeah, everything else was fine mate... apart from those sliders. thanks for the help man.

Wheels look rather tidy mate, now get some tyre shine on there!

thanks mate, yeah, i didnt have time when i took the pics, the car was pretty dirty at the time lol

new shoes ?!

the wheel colour combo just looks so much better in that green than in red before,

cheers buddy, i like them too... but i need to sort out the front drivers wheel as all the paint has reacted.

Wheels look real cool! Very nice car.

thanks mate.

brakes are considerably better than before. so well happy atm.

the wheelsare like black atm tho, because of all the dust! LOL

• 1 month later...

standard recirc bov update

bit of a small update, nothing amazing, but i was pretty chuffed with it when i was finished.

i had noticed from the last time i had a bov on the car that it was holding boost alot better than with the recirc, so i decided to adapt a stock recirc to hold boost better... this is how i got on.

17092008063.jpg

one bov separated

17092008064.jpg

this is how i got it to beef up (i put smaller reverse coil spring inside the old one, this is it beside the stock)

17092008065.jpg

back together, but the resin i used probably needed a bit of help so i the drilled two holes either side and put two bolts thru either side.

17092008067.jpg

17092008068.jpg

17092008069.jpg

then finished it off with some midnight purple paint and a trd transfer :)

18092008071.jpg

18092008070.jpg

as i said nothing amazing, but has made a noticeable difference... it holds boost much better at all revs, and at low speed it begins to chatter before it recirculates back into the system... which is nice. but even better its a mod which suited my empty wallet! :lol: