yeah, thats the reaction i keep getting with the paint i used, two wheels came out fine, two reacted with the lower layers of paint, when i get a chance i might try wet and drying them back a bit. it really fucked me off as i spent ages getting all the marks out of them, but then i ran out of time as i had a puncture on the black racings, so i had to slap a quick coat of laquer on them before fitting them.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

wee update, ive adapted a old satnav mount into a camera mount for in the car, it just suctions to the passenger window.

heres my first vid (just a test run for angle and shake)

th_P1020648.jpg

only annoying thing is that photobucket has compromised the quality :p

Cool night pics. :lol:

I wasn't too keen on the new look of your wheels to start with but I like them now seeing them again, has the garage not replaced your nuts yet though?

Also a random question, as you know I have the same head unit as you, in the pics there its a really bright luminescent blue but when your driving dos it flick from dark to that bright blue every 10 seconds or so? Mine does and its really annoying and distracting with this bright light illuminating everything constantly on and off. :)

wow cool pics dude :p

nice pics buddy

thanks buddy.

Cool night pics. :)

I wasn't too keen on the new look of your wheels to start with but I like them now seeing them again, has the garage not replaced your nuts yet though?

Also a random question, as you know I have the same head unit as you, in the pics there its a really bright luminescent blue but when your driving dos it flick from dark to that bright blue every 10 seconds or so? Mine does and its really annoying and distracting with this bright light illuminating everything constantly on and off. :lol:

cheers buddy, nah, i came to a arrangement with them and they changed my cv boots free of charge for the mess up... so i just thought sod it, i can still remove them so i cant be bothered to get new ones just yet.

yeah, mine does it too, it switches between negative/positive to positive/negative and is really annoying, if you put it on standby and press and hold function you can get into a menu to change the brightness of it, so i just turn the brightness right down so it doesnt bother me so much.

nice one with the camera mount dude...what you want to do with those night pics tho is..just get out the car an push it around in a circle...you dont need to be going fast atal..will be nice and sharp then :p

car park...? you wont get the light trails..but youll still get blurred night shots "that are the winz"...or a high street at like 3am in the morning haha...i need to make a proper rig for the outside of the car so i can do some outside nightime motion shots :)

• 2 months later...

New Year Interior Update.

firstly its been a while since an update as ive been real busy, and work has been hectic with redundancies etc, but the main reason was because there was nothing to update!

trd shifter i got from oli (the old owner of my old car)

07012009302.jpg

right. ive wanted a set of the indilo plasma dials before they were even available, but could never justify them at the price they are... so the 'rents got me them for xmas!

was out there fitting them xmas day! :)

box mounted

25122008248.jpg

old faces

25122008249.jpg

new

25122008250.jpg

fitted

25122008252.jpg

25122008253.jpg

ive also had a double pillar pod hanging around for ages so another xmas prezzy was a pair of swoosh gauges for it... one is boost in psi, and the other is a narrowband a/f until i get a wideband :)

27122008265.jpg

07012009300.jpg

fitted

17012009330.jpg

17012009331.jpg

17012009332.jpg

17012009333.jpg

18012009336.jpg

19012009337.jpg

19012009338.jpg

19012009339.jpg

last but not least is something ive been working on for years, literally. any old mmbers of the forum will remember this idea stemmed from my n/a... a stealthbox.

mould made from old n/a boot.

03122008196.jpg

03122008197.jpg

a perfect fit.

03122008198.jpg

03122008199.jpg

some added support...

16122008232.jpg

03122008200.jpg

speaker housing plate mounting.

16122008231.jpg

08012009305.jpg

sealed terminals

08012009306.jpg

08012009307.jpg

13012009322.jpg

wrapped in fleece ready for the resin coat to create a hard shell.

13012009321.jpg

13012009323.jpg

result..

21012009343.jpg

21012009344.jpg

21012009346.jpg

fibreglass re-enforcement, and to make it fully sealed..

21012009347.jpg

21012009349.jpg

all rough edges taken off ready for carpet...

22012009350.jpg

now im not a bass junkie, so i decided to got for a 350w max 8incher, nice punchy bass and ported for some lower bassnotes... the centre was scratched so a bit of paint and a few decals later...

22012009351.jpg

and the amp...

22012009352.jpg

carpeted, ported and 'badged' lol

22012009354.jpg

speaker installed...

22012009355.jpg

perfect fit... just got 20 odd hours of running in now before i can see how it performs :harhar:

22012009359.jpg

22012009361.jpg

Rich.

Wow man that box truly look awesome man, worth the wait not sure on the toyota logo tho but other than that sweet

loving the dials too, wish they did them wthout the cutouts for the boost lights tho, do they go over the top of the old dials?

Wow man that box truly look awesome man, worth the wait not sure on the toyota logo tho but other than that sweet

loving the dials too, wish they did them wthout the cutouts for the boost lights tho, do they go over the top of the old dials?

cheers mate. i wasnt sure on the toyota badge either, but i thought i'd give it a try!

do you not like the boost lights then? well i just layed them over the top, dunno about anyone else, took me about 20 mins to rig them up.

Nice little update mate :harhar:

Sub install looks sweet as fuck!!

thanks buddy, i still need to have another look at your gt thread... anymore updates?

Tidy update :) liking the install dude.

Nice build mate :harhar:

thanks guys :)

nice update Rich. especialy the boot build :)

good show!

cheers matey... took a while, but i finally got there! lol

I absoluty love that gear knob mate, been wanting one since i first bought mine. Shame them dials arent avalible for N/A's because they are lush!!!!

Install is pretty immense aswell mate, awesome work on that dude!!!

cheers buddy, im pretty chuffed with how the box came out, turned it up a bit on the way home tonight and i gotta admit it sounds loads better than any other box ive used/made in the past.

i must admit the gearknob is a bit small, but it looks good imo.

im sure you could get enough of you sr owners together and get some dials made?

hi mate just a quick question, ive seen on th 1st pic of engine bay that you have derestricted the car by switching the two pipe at the bottom left corner. what i wanted to know is was is that safe to do will it harm the engine. i recently did the same to my glanza and it became very quick but my mechanic told me it was dangerous. do you know anything about it,