hi mate just a quick question, ive seen on th 1st pic of engine bay that you have derestricted the car by switching the two pipe at the bottom left corner. what i wanted to know is was is that safe to do will it harm the engine. i recently did the same to my glanza and it became very quick but my mechanic told me it was dangerous. do you know anything about it,

de-restricting the boost is in no way dangerous, all it does is remove the boost restriction from first and second gear, you'll normally find it'll increase the boost ever so slightly, which is fine. it only becomes dangerous if the car is hitting fuelcut.

hi mate engine bay look fantastic but what i wanted to know was what type of paint did you use for the gold parts.

its just basic car paint mate. primer, base colour, topcoat. none of this high temperature paint shit.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awsome update fella, ive got the dials and the knob and think their really good

thanks mate. im so chuffed with the dials, ive wanted a set since my n/a before they were even made for the V! lol

cheers mate. i wasnt sure on the toyota badge either, but i thought i'd give it a try!

do you not like the boost lights then? well i just layed them over the top, dunno about anyone else, took me about 20 mins to rig them up.

just dont see the point of em mate when I have the Defi set up

just dont see the point of em mate when I have the Defi set up

yeah i suppose so... not alot of point having three green light flickering away when you've got an accurate setup!

dude, as usual your work astounds me!!!

that sub box is the mutt's nutts!!!! lovin it!!!!!

great to see an update my friend!

Phil.

thanks dude... now im upset tho... you normally do your challenge scutch0 script! :( jokes.

nice to have an update mate... just been driving it for like 5 months and doing nothing to it! lol

Hello everyone and WELCOME to the new series of CHallenge Scutch0, fresh for 2009!

This season we start with a very tasty boot install, here's one i made earlier, and it wouldnt be a DVD-box-set-worthy series if we didnt have at least one alloy wheel colour change in the season so stay tuned for that AND MUCH MUCH MORE from your old favourite, old faithful Scutch0!

So go on, and indulge urself, thats right! kick off your shoes, put your feet up, lean back and just enjoy the modifying, after all, modifying soothes even the savage beast that is...Challenge Scutch0!!

(bonus points if u know wot album i adapted that last bit from!)

Phil.

• 4 weeks later...

filter update

after ages of enjoying the flutter through my k&n panel filter i decided to sort out a proper filter setup for the V.

i personally hated the flat spot at the beginning of the rev range and sucking noise you got from fitting an open filter to the fte, but i decided that it was time to do a proper open filter setup.

and of course, as i normally do, i didn't just go and buy one, i made one up of a load of genuine k&n piping, silicone joiners and a pretty large k&n filter.

here's the finished result:

30012009364.jpg

30012009365.jpg

30012009367.jpg

30012009366.jpg

30012009369.jpg

after resetting the ecu and a few hundred miles under its belt, it was feeling pretty good, and chattering like fuck!

i also found out that my doctored standard recirc bov wasnt sealing properly, so i decided to block the bastard off inside the housing, and thats stopped alot of the excess sucking noise...

so im now pretty happy with it, another cheap mod, as i had the filter and bits laying around in the greenhouse.

i have further diy projects looming too...

watch this space!

Rich.

cheers buddy.

nah, i couldnt do without the air con!

plus boostcreep would be my enemy... im tempted to find another ct9 or a ct12 and get the wastegate ported and have the exhaust blades cut back so i can then do away with the efi pipe and have the filter where the hi/low boost solenoid is, but thats a bit in the future as i dont yet have a front mount.

youre a turbo man, how much would somewhere like your place charge to do that to a ct9/12?

true on the creep side of things mate. my place choose not to carry out work like that, we can do it obviously but my boss doesnt like to get involved in that kinda stuff. so in terms of a price i wouldnt know.

to be honest you would be able to combat the creep with the wastegate porting alone. could do that yourself with a dremal too so wouldnt cost you a penny.

im not truely convinced about cutting back the shaft, it may help a little with top end but will also cause it to be a little more laggy. i would like to see a before and after dyno run before i would be convince cutting back the shaft is worth it. garret themselves state that cut back shaft may not be benificial to performance applications.

yeah, im thinking the 3 diy projects on the go should turn out ok, my aim is to have it all ready for summer so i can just enjoy it, unlike last year fucking around with wheels until mid july :p

• 4 weeks later...

front lip update! (ive been waiting a while for this one!)

righto, well when i initially went to look at my car it had the std front lip fitted, as i wanted... a day later i put down a deposit and it turns out he'd sold the front lip separately! so that was one of the first things on the list... nearly 3 years on i finally have one fitted! wahoo!

i initially bought a livesports front lip, but this was troublesome, due to the fact that on 14's i couldn't get out of my drive!

so i did a swap with adian@epstyling off tgtt and recieved my front lip last week!

pics:

16032009005.jpg

16032009006.jpg

painted

18032009012.jpg

before

17032009009.jpg

after

18032009013.jpg

better pics:

20032009024.jpg

P10304851.jpg

P1030487.jpg

Rich.

apexi bov

bloody hell look at me go! another update within days of the last!

well ive been wanting a decent branded bov for a while, looked down the usual routes: blitz, bailey, hks, greddy etc....

but i really wanted something different, and i remember the guy i bought the car off had a black glanza with the apexi twin chamber bov fitted... that has been the only other one of these ive seen in the flesh... so i went on the hunt and picked one up for reasonable money... i initially was gonna wait until i had a fmic to fit it... but temptation was too much!

out of the box, pretty grubby:

25032009029.jpg

in true scutch0 fashion i had it apart within minutes:

26032009030.jpg

all cleaned and drilled out my old greddy flange to accept the apexi

26032009032.jpg

the tone adjuster is meant to be red, but the previous owner has sanded off all the anodizing so out came the blue paint!

26032009031.jpg

26032009033.jpg

and it fitted:

26032009035.jpg

26032009036.jpg

26032009037.jpg

26032009039.jpg

i'll get a vid when i get a chance, but the twin chambers makes a difference to any other bov ive used... your pretty much straight back on boost between gears, instead of waiting to build up boost again, plus being that these are normally used on higher boost applications its got a hefty spring in it, so it flutters at low revs but dumps at higher revs! plus the two adjusters make it easy to adjust the sound you want.

overall, im pretty impressed with it!

Rich.