• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

freebie :)..lol and my god you have got that tight in the second pic, :angry:...tell you what...put that gash ractive filter on it, and then it will chatter mentally...

You doing anything tomoz...because ill pop up for this video, and some photos if interested :p

lol

its done up even tighter than that now! it even chatters with my stock panel filter in it now!

i just hate the way the thing drives with an exposed filter!

• 1 month later...

its brilliant. the shifts are so tight and precise, fantastic bit of kit.

my only gripe is that it is all further towards the the stereo now so i cant rest my hand on it with my arm on the armrest! :D

wheels looked SO much better in white. They look pap now sorry rich, if they were 15' or perhaps 16's they'd look better, although as they're so small they dont even look jdm or slag, just look.... pap. only word i can use to describe it. looked sexual in white however :D

get pics up of the shifter, glad to hear you're pleased with it :D

@geo: yeah, i was able to try it out properly this morning and it was brilliant, sooo pleased with it. the shifts are so tight and precise.

@spoonz: ive actually removed the bov and fitted the standard recirc, so i can get you a vid sorry.

@ecks: i did like them in white too, but the finish was appauling, and i needed some wheels as winter rims, and the blackracings are my favorite, so the enkei's had to go dark, im personally pretty pleased with them, but they would have looked better in dark grey like the old prolite's you bought, but the'll be refurbed again next year so i'll have another shot at it.

ah was the white finish fucked was it? thats fair enough then. if it was cheap then it was worth an experiment at least. think it might look better on a black car, dunno though, maybe its just pics (probs looks much better in real life).

ye grey looks good on anything, anthracite ftw.

yeah, the paint was peeling and it was all matt where they'd been sprayed with a rattle can and not finished properly, so the dirt was like imbedded in uneven paint... it looked shit.

i think it was worth a go, and they do look a bit better in real life, but youre right, i think they'd look much better on a black glanza or gt... but i think next tme i'll go for a plain anthracite or grey.

yeah, the paint was peeling and it was all matt where they'd been sprayed with a rattle can and not finished properly, so the dirt was like imbedded in uneven paint... it looked shit.

um, that sounds amazing actually. why change that? sounds perfect. ohh my god!! rattle can, lush.

LOL i knew you'd love that!

anyways, some pics of the fitting of the short shift:

kit

DSC00035.jpg

brass bushes vs original rubber

DSC00036.jpg

fitted

DSC00039.jpg

old vs new

DSC00040-1.jpg

fully fitted

DSC00041.jpg

plus i gave the motor ANOTHER going over with the megs paint cleaner, polish and wax... plus cleaned and polished the paint on the engine bay.

DSC00025-1.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

also did the only bit of de-badging i'll ever do, got rid of the starlet sticker as it had cracked and gone beige... yum.

DSC00029-1.jpg

bay:

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

enjoy.

Rich.

hows that paint lasting under the bonnet rich? i had a wierd thought. if it starts to fade and age...then....it may look a bit like....you've painted it....with poo.......

perhaps................nice dull/dark brown....give it time B)

Just a random thought, looks spotless at the moment though :lol:

damn dude that is the ugliest glanza i've ever seen, man you have no taste at all.

Damn i wish that was my car B)

eh? :lol: ok cheers!

hows that paint lasting under the bonnet rich? i had a wierd thought. if it starts to fade and age...then....it may look a bit like....you've painted it....with poo.......

perhaps................nice dull/dark brown....give it time B)

Just a random thought, looks spotless at the moment though :D

:D TASTY... poo coloured engine? yessir!

its lasting ok... i fancied re-doing it all matt olive green...

:)

lew, just because i havent posted anything doesnt mean theyre not done! well, actually, theyre not... but im just waiting on getting the tires taken off and then the lip hammered with a drill polisher.

ive got the takata green, but im still unsure if i wanna do them drab olive green instead.....