yea i have those mbcs are pretty week for adjusting boost pressure thats why i got rid of mine.

it would not hold a constant 15psi

if you can aford a hks actuater ul find that will regulate the boost better?

does your boost drop off at top end ata ll?

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work there rich dude!

Phil.

cheers buddy. (even tho i went against everything i stand for and got someone to fit it for me! :p )

yea i have those mbcs are pretty week for adjusting boost pressure thats why i got rid of mine.

it would not hold a constant 15psi

if you can aford a hks actuater ul find that will regulate the boost better?

does your boost drop off at top end ata ll?

awesome geo...thanks for that. yeah i noticed it drops back down at anythingover 4k rpm to .55-.5 bar from .65! hks actuator it is then!

So was there any noticeable gains from the mani?

Looks nice by the way!

tbh it hasnt made a massive difference performance wise so far, but as i said above, previously i was running .8bar and now im only running .5bar anything past 4000rpm, but i guess if it doesnt feel any slower at its current boost then it should be much better when im back up to .8bar!

well see!

The Road Runner Manifold looks sweet mate.

Well impressed there....

Mart. :p

cheers buddy. i refused to use any of these stainless steel manifolds as i cant be doing with buying new ones every three months!

changed the thermostat today as ive been having temperature fluctuations, so she seems to run a bit better now.

ive also been having grip issues with the passenger side front recently. so i had a look today to find the inside of the tire bald, and a 2 inch blister. so the tracking clearly needs doing, which i'll get done at the weekend i think.

so ive put the black racings back on until i decide what im gonna do with the enkei's.

also i sprayed up my cam cover today:

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

Rich.

im not too sure, dave burwash's guys fitted it for me, as i really didnt have the time.

yeah, im undecided on the cam cover, as i did have a proper orangey bronze colour that i was gonna spray it, but the can basically blew up in my hand! so as i had the cover off i decided to spray it with whatever i had to hand! :lol:

You'll not regret buying a road runner manifold Rich, Best cash id ever spent on mine.After countless stainless items cracking!

I personally like that rocker cover colour.Looks different.The boost dropping off is definately youre oem actuator.They cant hold boost what so ever, id tell anybody to change theres to an adjustable first and foremost before other modifications.

Keep up the good work dude.

Craig

cheers buddy. so far it seems good, ive changed the thermostat last week and it seems to perform a whole lot better with the mani... it'll be better when im running more boost as its at .6bar for now.

i'll have to get a hks actuator then.... difficult to fit?

the cam cover colour has grown on me too, so much so that i've sprayed a few other bits too.

wheres an update on your motor anyway craig!??

Rich.

cheers buddy. so far it seems good, ive changed the thermostat last week and it seems to perform a whole lot better with the mani... it'll be better when im running more boost as its at .6bar for now.

i'll have to get a hks actuator then.... difficult to fit?

the cam cover colour has grown on me too, so much so that i've sprayed a few other bits too.

wheres an update on your motor anyway craig!??

Rich.

All in good time my freind.. All in good time :p

Ill be uploading a few new images of the haggardmobile in the next few weeks after ive recieved a few new items..

It'll be a before respray style, then ill upload a few of it after in a few months B)

Get some more images up of what other parts youve painted matey, I personally like the colour..Stands out and its a nice contrast against the white..

Did you know you get get a ceramic coating paint for manifolds etc, because its ceramic coating itll keep the heat from escaping..And you can also polish it up like metal when the paints dry so it comes up like chrome!

Im gonna get me some for my manifold ..

Ive heat wrapped everything else so depending on the size of the tin, if my manifold uses say half the tin, i could give you the rest for just the postage cost of the tin bud.Ive seen a few manifolds on my mates saxos painted with it, and once its polished it looks like mirror, i was well impressed.

u'v sprayed some other parts pimpin gold too???

PICTURES RICHARD!!!!!!! PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil.

sounds good man, need to see it tho lol

didnt know you had done that on the rocker cover....looks ace :lol:

ok guys, calm down, i have some piccys attached to this post at the bottom. :wacko:

Get some more images up of what other parts youve painted matey, I personally like the colour..Stands out and its a nice contrast against the white..

Did you know you get get a ceramic coating paint for manifolds etc, because its ceramic coating itll keep the heat from escaping..And you can also polish it up like metal when the paints dry so it comes up like chrome!

Im gonna get me some for my manifold ..

Ive heat wrapped everything else so depending on the size of the tin, if my manifold uses say half the tin, i could give you the rest for just the postage cost of the tin bud.Ive seen a few manifolds on my mates saxos painted with it, and once its polished it looks like mirror, i was well impressed.

that sounds awesome mate, ive never heard of that before?? keep me informed! defo interested if you can source some buddy!

heres some pics of the last weeks developments!

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

some of the keen eyed ones of you would have probably noticed that my greddy type rs copy has been removed and i fancied a silent recirc for a while, she pulls like a steam train now, much more torquey!

Rich.

i wont lie, my bro is goin to pick me up some spray cans from halfords tomorrow done in my paint code, we have a bunch of things we want to paint as it is....but dizzy cap....consider it COPIED!!!!!!!!

that is UBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovin your work as always buddy!!!!

and yes, that rocker coverr needs to be shown off more!!!! get on the case richard!

Phil.

really like the work uv done there squire awesome

cheers buddy. i wasnt sure about the colour last week, but im convinced now, hence the other bits getting a lick of paint!

You need a FMIC so bad!!!

To show that sexy rocker cover off :wacko:

tell me about it sparky! i really need one and want one, but ive got a holiday to pay for and i want to get a few other bits before a fmic, plus i want to keep my front crash bar, so i need to consider carefully what kit i want to go for...

OMFG that dizzy cap is UBERS.

i am officially going to copy you.

lol no worries mate, go ahead! i thought it might look pretty good along side the cam cover... i really want to do the cam belt cover too, but i cant get the bastard off, the pas pipes wont move out of the way enough!

i wont lie, my bro is goin to pick me up some spray cans from halfords tomorrow done in my paint code, we have a bunch of things we want to paint as it is....but dizzy cap....consider it COPIED!!!!!!!!

that is UBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovin your work as always buddy!!!!

and yes, that rocker coverr needs to be shown off more!!!! get on the case richard!

Phil.

nice one phil... as i said to rick, no worries... i dont mind people gaining inspiration from it! might look good if you continue your rising sun theme onto the dizzy mate?

i know, i know... hopefully there will be a fmic on by the end of summer when my holiday is over!

thanks for the kind words lads. :lol: