• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys.

rob: yeah, it'll be good to see the difference now. i still think the gt will be quicker tho.

geo:well next performance wise will be a front mount or maybe a different decat... after that hopefully will be a fcc and a rrfpr, and then maybe i'll push the boost up to .8-.9bar. thing is i still want it to be reliable, so i sont wanna push it too far.

and tht Greddy tach <3 its tha ubes!!

thanks mate, i used to have a greddy boost gauge? but i sold it to fishy89... i've got a lamco 43mm one now.

i also think next on the list will be to refurb the enkei's and get some decent tires on them, then i'll be refurbing the black racings in a new secret colour scheme... its either gonna be quite subtle, or stupidly in your face, i cant decide which!

Green like the Takata NSX race car <_<

I also think green. Like that white Integra in this months Banzai mag, that is perfect.

I like them in red though to be honest

ohh my god&#33;&#33;.

i hate you both.

i had been considering green for a few months now as i have a few cans of modena green in the shed i can use for it, and seeing that teg in banzai just made me decide to do it! damn it. its no secret now i guess!

well im convinced my V is back up and running perfect finally!

me and fishy went for a blat the other night, and they both seemed to be pretty even, fishys had the legs at very top end, but other than that very pleased. previously his gt was considerably quicker than my v, so im over the moon that its finally working out for me... it took long enough!!!

only thing i noticed yesterday night was i seem to get a big puff of black smoke out the exhaust if i hit the limiter (hit it for the first time yesterday), is this the norm for turbo's? or does it mean something is on its way out? is doesn't smoke at all at any other point in the revs but it still seems to run a bit rich anyway, so i just assumed it was that.

just a quickie, changed the sparkplugs wednesday morning for some brand new standard denso's. she ticks over alot better now.

probably no updates for a while as im currently saving for a holiday but i might make a small(ish) purchase before i go in june... but we'll have to wait and see. :)

Black smoke?

Thats probably where you hit the limiter and unburnt fuel just gives a little puff out most turbo cars do it :)

Was yours idling high with the other plugs??

My car has new plugs in it and seems to be idling high so I wonder if it has the right ones?

@ sparky...it could be but i think its alot more than what it would be if your just hitting the limiter, as bro's GT doesnt do it atal...

but still rich, the V is looking fast...!

• 3 weeks later...

new toy installed

i bought a inforad gps speed camera locator eariler this week and went about fitting it tonight.

pics:

DSC00904.jpg

as you can see, its quite large, so i wanted to have it somewhere out of the way.

so i had a spare dial surround and chopped out a hole big enough for the locator and power feed, hardwired it into the stereo harness and few the wiring thru behind the dash to keep it neat. then i velcro'd it to the underside of the dash (with a spacer to line it up) to make it look neat.

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

havent had a chance to use it yet, but it comes with a years free subscription, so im well happy with it for now, it struggles for satellite signal every now and then, so i might get a external antenna for it.

great thing is, i can still remove it to update it if need be.

Rich.

so it aint a radar/laser one then?!...nice install tho :)

secondaly..as you are the sat nav expert (:p:)) isnt it going to be hard for it to pick up a signal as its behind something!?

nah, laser and radar detectors are a dieing breed, the government are passing a ban on laser and radar detection, so theyre all gonna be gps.

in regards to picking up signal, it depends what star receiver it has, as most the new gps units come with star 3 which will get signal inside a house! i think this is probably star 1.

well actually....

f you have a detector that has laser/radar detection, when the ban comes in the supplier will send a update that will de-activate your detection unit and it'll be gps based only, hence why i bought a gps only unit!

the laser detectors are not very good anyway, very inaccurate, so in them banning the use or the detection side of these they have since regestered each mobile site and this is updated weekly.

so it'll cover you for fixed cameras and possible mobile site, which is better than the old system, trust me.

they used to go off if someone was ringing a doorbell down the street!

Hey Scutch man, ive just read through all 11 pages on this post and your glanza is fookin sweet! (i do have a life just coulnt stop reading lol) wish i knew how to do more things with mine, sounds like you know your stuff.

Lookin gud man get some drivin vids up :)

refurbed wheels update

i decide that my enkei's needed a different look, so ive been refurbing them over the last few months, i finally got them wrapped in some decent rubber so fitted them on today after i gave the car a service.

before

P1010021.jpg

after (apologies on the mobile phone pics)

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00916-1.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00917-1.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

im happy with them for now... i wanted them finished to see me thru winter, but the tires were shot, so i needed to wait.

i'll get some better pics tommorrow.

Rich.