• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok well it's time to draw a close to this story.

If you guys haven't seen it there now is a for sale thread in classifieds.

It's been a fantasic journey, from completely stock into a great little fun daily driver.

It's time for a change and who knows I might go back to having another 'let one day who knows!

• 4 months later...

Well as you all may know Scutch0 (Rich) has sold his Glanza at the start of the year, and i was the very lucky guy to buy it from him. Rich is a very sound lad and was pleasure doing this deal with him. I have decided to carry on updating this thread so Rich can see that his little V is in good hand.

For a very long time looking on UKSC and TGTT i was always wanted a mint and well looked after V, so i found Rich's V and really that was what i had been looking for, and well, im soo happy with the V i had bought and the condition that it is in is great with minor repairs to the front and shell it will be immaculate, These were the pics on the advertisment:

P1030496-s.jpg

P1030495-s.jpg

P1030499-s.jpg

P1000807.jpg

P1000808.jpg

P1000802.jpg

So on Friday the 8th of January (i think it was) my dad and his mate set off down south to collect my Glanza, i really wanted to go down but was unable to get the day off work :lol: so i just had to wait till the 5 O'clock to come around so i could see my new car. While my dad was down there he phoned me and told me how nice and how good the condition of the car was and he sent me a few pictures while i was sat at my desk wishing i could of been down there collecting her with my dad, these was the pictures i recieved:

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

So when i had recieved the pictures i was even more excited to get home and see the car in the flesh, When i got home and saw the car on the drive it was exactly what i was looking for and was very very pleased with the car, it has soo much potential and i knew this could turn out to be just how i want it.

The next morning i had to get out on the drive and just give her a good clean as the long motorway drive back had made the car more of a grey colour rather than the white lol. So to start with i stripped out the interior completely to give it a really good clean inside the car, not saying it wasnt clean rich just thought id clean her out as i wasnt insured and wanted to have a play lol

16012010088.jpg

16012010087.jpg

So after the inside of the car was immaculate (Don't have no pics sorry) i started on the outside of the car, gave her 3 washes and a good chamois, wanted to give her a good polish and wax but i ended up loosing light and time :p. As i wanted this car so bad i had to borrow the money off my mum and dad and then pay them back when i had sold my corsa, so i also decided to give the corsa a wash and here are a few pictures of both my cars together:

10012010076.jpg

10012010078.jpg

10012010079.jpg

10012010080.jpg

10012010081.jpg

10012010082.jpg

10012010083.jpg

10012010084.jpg

10012010085.jpg

Well after the big clean i didn't touch the V for a while as i was getting used to the drive of the car and the soo much more power over the little 1.4 corsa lol.

A few weeks later a mate of mine was de wipering his Mk2 Punto on the back and has no use for the wiper and wiper arm, so after seeing Bildo (i think thats his username) had done it to his and i thought it looked really cool and more modern, i decieded to fit the mk2 punto arm and wiper to the glanza, it looks soo much better and neat compared to the large metal one. (sorry no pics of this small mod)

Then another friend with a V was selling his Blitz Supersound B.O.V with all silicone pipes for a bargain price, i didn't really want to buy a B.O.V with such little mods to the car, but for the price it was at, i couldnt say no really B) (again sorry no pics as of yet)

So after doing a bit of driving around to get used to her and the drive of the car, she once again got filthy so again i gave her another good clean and took a few pictures aswell, You can make out the punto rear wiper, and i also added what i think is a cool sticker to the back window.

20022010115.jpg

20022010116.jpg

20022010117.jpg

20022010118.jpg

20022010119.jpg

20022010120.jpg

20022010121.jpg

I then thought id have a look around 'WheelWhores.com' and found a set of wheels ive been looking for for a while now and they guy selling them didn't know what they were so for £200 with good tyres i travelled up to Scotch Corner to collect these.........

100_4775.jpg

100_4770.jpg

Sparco Crimson NS2's B)

All the wheels are in great condition there no marks on them what so ever, although they are not the colour i wanted i thought for the price with the good tyres, i was goin to buy them, So because of the colour i had the tyres taken off and off to the powdercoaters they went :D

Recieved the alloys back from the powdercoaters and tbh they are the best i have ever seen, definatley recommend LSN coatings in Castleford, really happy with the alloys and the colour is perfect, now just goin to buy some new wheel nuts as the Rays dont fit because they are too wide for the nut holes on the alloy and then a full brand new set of tyres, think ill be going to the Prada Spec 2's or Uniroyal Rainsport 2's im not sure but hey here are the nice newly plastic coated wheels :D

25022010125.jpg

25022010126.jpg

25022010124.jpg

24022010123.jpg

24022010122.jpg

Really happy with the wheels now and can't wait to get them on the car

Sooooo thats it for now, thats as far as ive gone with the two month of owning the Glanza and really happy with the progress so far :D

Ill keep everyone updated here in the future.

Thanks alot, Zac

All the best with this car mate, im sure you'll turn it into something even more special than what it already was.

What are you thinking on the performance side of things?

Joe

On the performance side im looking into goin down the Hybrid route, a tong GT Spec i think, im wanting around 180bhp and should get that quite easly at around .8 to 1bar of boost, and i have at home a nice wepr e/w manifold to go on when i get the turbo, so the roadrunner mani will be up for sale :lol:. Once the sparcos are on with the new tryes, next on the list is going to be a few handling mods, rear ARB, coilies (looking at the Meisters) Anti lift kit, rear strut and C pillar strut. Just going to take it easy and enjoy the modding process and watch my car transform into something special :lol:

Zac, all I can say is I'm so pleased she went to such a good home where she will be looked after and evolve into something far greater than I Could have managed!

I'll adjust the thread title to include you as the new owner and I really look forward to seeing the progress of her.

Brings a tear to my eye to see her at her new home, but I don't think she could have gone to a more genuinely nice guy. All the best for the future buddy.

Nice work Zac buddy, really nice to see your really into these cars now, glad you found such a minta (i know you were looking for agggges lol)

and some super nice updates!

I look forward to more neat updates on this little beatsy beast :lol:

Thanks for the comments lads, Rich id like to thank you also for keeping her in such a great condition and what she is to this day and ye she will be looked after well by myself :lol:

Chris, Ye i was looking for just a little while lol and finally found what i was looking for :lol: Ye and just learning more and more about them and just going to take it easy and enjoy the modding process and just see what happens really :lol:

Idrees, thanks for the comment mate and ye can't wait to get the sparcos on, im sure well be meeting sometime in the future as i might get a few bits off you and hey your only round the corner :)

Thanks again lads, Zac

Cheers lads, Yes im well happy with the sparcos just need to get them on now lol just finished spraying up the centre caps and those will be finished today B) Idress, yes ill come to meet ill take a look at the thread now, cheers mate ^_^

Love this car glad it is good hands :)

New wheels will look immense buddy and your plans sound good :lol:

Good luck with it

Cheers mate, just done the centre caps on the sparcos a nice metalic blue colour will get pics up soon and just orderd 4 Yokohama Prada Spec 2 tyres, just need a set of wheels nuts now and they will be on, im goind for the ultralite annodised blue lug nuts for abit more blue :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well just a quick update of the progress over the past few weeks, not much but thought id share,

Well first i painted the centre caps for the sparcos, i thought id go for a metallic blue as i thought the red was abit popular for the sparcos. really happy how they came out, hers a few pics of those.

27022010128.jpg

28022010129.jpg

28022010130.jpg

28022010131.jpg

So then i thought that the lights was letting the front end of the car down a little as they were goin a yellow colour and making my lights look really orange, i split the lights useing the oven and cleaned all the inside and out of the headlights and they turned out really great this will save me some money for a while as i know the headlights do cost abit, so heres a few pics of the cleaned lights fitted B)

20032010153.jpg

20032010154.jpg

20032010155.jpg

20032010156.jpg

I think they also came out really good.

After the lights i thought id get to work heat wrapping the wepr e/w manifold that i had in the garage which i bought for a steal!! I got the faces flatted off and new studs put in from manifold to turbo. New gaskets will be orderd before it goes on aswell, heres the thing ready to go on.

19032010146.jpg

19032010147.jpg

19032010148.jpg

Just need to also get an e/w for that aswell so if anyone has one for sale please p.m me B)

Next was the tyres, well i decided to go for the Yokohama Prada Spec 2's orderd those on a monday night and the friday morning there was a load bang on the door and 4 brand new tyres sitting there B) got those fitted and also got the nuts and the backings for the centre caps from the powder coaters so decided to get them all built up and ready to go on the car :)

19032010142.jpg

19032010144.jpg

19032010143.jpg

19032010145.jpg

Well i recieved the poorboys wheel sealant through the post and banged 3 coats of the stuff on the wheels, everyone says it smells gorgeous but personally i think the stuff stinks !!!! lol so 3 coats of the wheel sealant and 2 coats of meguires tyre shine and the wheels are all cleaned and shiny ready for the car, the only thing know i have to wait for is the ultralite wheel nunts to arrive, ill be ordering them this week, wheels should be on next weekend, so the final pics before the wheels are on the car :D

20032010149.jpg

20032010150.jpg

20032010151.jpg

I also removed the rear tints from the car, now i know they where original and i wanted to keep the car as original as possible but they were just gettin too tatty and making the car look bad, so i got them taken out.

Thats all for the time being ill keep updating and putting pics of the car WITH the wheels on next weekend all been well :D

Sorry for the quality of the pictures as i havent got a decent camera.

Thanks again Zac

• 3 weeks later...
Wheels are going to look amazing fitted mate!!

Good job on the lights too :p

Ye sparky got the wheels on now, i finally brought myself to spend £65 on wheel lug nuts lmao they came wednesday so banged them on wednesday night, they do look awesome :)

Also on saturday i went and picked up a re-location filter and orderd a belt from enzo, that arrived saturday so set about taking out the air conditioning, thanks to a guide off here it all went smoothly, i didnt take no pics of this sorry.

So the cars making good progress, not fast progress but some lol, pics of the new wheels and relocation filter will be up tonight :D

Also the originall enkies will be up for sale including the rays annodised blue nuts, i will say £300 for the wheels and rays nuts, this will include the rims getting a fresh powder coat in white with new Enkie decals :D at the buyers choice he/she can choose the tyres at an extra cost of £15 per tyre as he/she may want to buy all new tyres, two of the tyres are in really good nick with plenty or tread but two are on there way out and only have a few hundred miles left in them if that. Pictures of the wheels and tyres will also be up tonight :D

Thanks alot, Zac