Rob_bower's 242 bhp SR - Refresh and fueling upgrades.

nice work rob

cheers kierz ^_^

sweet as rob! did you have that at the show bud?

yea i certainly did!!

Nice filter set up there. How does it run though? Has it made a noticeable/good difference? Does it take longer to pick up in low revs because of the long pipe?

Also that exhaust looks awesome I'm hoping to get something similar soon!!

loads better than my old set up zero heat soak esp on long runs. Not noticed it taking any longer to pick up in low revs :p

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GL with the MOT :o

Does it take longer to pick up in low revs because of the long pipe?

It's no longer than the standard airbox piping really...

I was going to go for the same setup myself but it was cheaper and easier to go with a short pipe setup, also gives no worries about water getting sucked in.

How are you finding it Rob? On my setup it feels as if there is some "lag" but then it picks up like a motherfucker at higher revs.

FAIL

on the pissing number plates so im off to get some made!!

GL with the MOT :o

It's no longer than the standard airbox piping really...

I was going to go for the same setup myself but it was cheaper and easier to go with a short pipe setup, also gives no worries about water getting sucked in.

How are you finding it Rob? On my setup it feels as if there is some "lag" but then it picks up like a motherfucker at higher revs.

Yea its good Ste picks up well, the water is a worry though. drain pipe is the way forward cheap and light!! it is a bit tight thogh even with the rad all the way over. I might do a propper update soon too!!!

LOL!!!! Should of bought it to my place matey would of been fine then. HAHA!!

Dunno why they failed them to be honest because mine went straight though and mine arent pretty much the same as yours.

Hope you and Amy are keeping well mate, aint spoke properly in a while. We'll have to meet up sometime after Christmas.

• 1 month later...

Right just a quick update as ive not done a decent one in ages!! Its a bit of a TO DO list really!

1, Fit Whiteline adjustable rear antiroll bar.

2, Fit JDM one piece C pillar bar.

3, Fit TC short shifter kit when it arrives.

4, Collect GT rear beam from Nath, refurbish and fit.

5, Fit Zep braided lines.

6, Finish refurbihing Speedlines and fit new tyres.

7, Finish new front bumper.

All that along with the ultimate spring clean and we should be ready for the summer along with a few other touches along the way!!

Ill do a propper mass update with lots of pics, when i get round to fitting all the parts.

Rob

Hey Guys thought i'd put a few piccies up. Here is how she is standing at the mo with the Glanza sideskrts that i fitted at the end of lat year

IMG_0953.jpg

The C pillar bar

IMG_0956.jpg

Whiteline rear antiroll bar after a wash and duyring a refurb!!

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

28012009280.jpg

28012009279.jpg

and the new front bumper tht im in thr process of modifying a little!!

28012009281.jpg

I like the silver/orange thing dude, very different! :lol:

I'm in the throws of moving my rad over, have you got any tips at all?

Tom

its pretty straight forward as long as you have everything from what i recall you need another lower rad bracket one is welded the other is just bolted another bolted on would be idea along with some way of attcahing them either strong self tappers or pop rivots!!! A straight piece of rad hose for the top pipe! i think thats it.

Rob

Forget cleaning the ARB and get cleaning the Poor Starlet :):lol:

Glanza skirts look so nice Rob dude, defiantly needing some of them for mine when i can get hold of some. Bumper plans are sounding good aswell mate.

Also get your Arse down here sometime soon mate we need some pics!!!!!

glanza skirts?? i didnt know about that u git!!! looks AWESOME!!!!!!

What he said^^^^^^^^, would be nice to see you and your car. because you know where I live, but I'm not sure exactly where you are :lol:

Anyway, get your self over here at some point as it would be nice to have a hand to get my project finished!!

• 4 weeks later...

right just a little update ive been inspired again of late esp since i went to naths on sat!!

so ive fitted my c pllar bar

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

and fitted my TC quickshift along with a new center console bit so i could remove the amp meter and have no holes!!!

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

Its getting there now!! just a few more bits to do then there should be a bigger update!!