Rob_bower's 242 bhp SR - Refresh and fueling upgrades.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice mate :)

Was looking forward to your visit :(

John

Ah sorry dude forgot I needed to go strip some gt drive shafts out of the hubs for Steve and they were a proper bastard and the hub nuts were solid. I'll pop over st somepoint to ease the boredom. :D

Lol tea thats true mate I think ct9 was the most sensible option to get me boosting it gives me a bit more scope to progress in the future. Im hoping it will be heading back in in July all being well just waiting on my cj performance hoses and I need to order some gaskets and a cambelt kit and exhaust hangers and a few odds and sods all the major stuff is here now though. :D

not gonna lie man, with a full size radiator and a turbo conversion in a UK spec 91, there can sometimes be "fun" fitting it all in at the front end.

believe me, Jay had manys a fun time with mine, hence why i went with a half radiator to give a bit more room, but will still be silly squeezing in cone of some sort, but i'll worry about that in time.

agree with Matt, CT9 can give plenty of lols. the best part, imo, is the very little lag! they just boost and go! its awesome!

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Im still beevering away on this had a week or so off work and didnt touch it once as i was speanding some time with the wife but im back on it now so yestterday i stripped all the rear loom out and fitted the glanza one and refitted all the plastics then cleaned the carpet ready for the seats going back in.

def92d0a.jpg

89efb15e.jpg

then this morning ive been down foe a couple of hours and done a few more bits like fitting the gt fuel pump and wiring it in and cleaning and re-fitting the seats.

28e5db44.jpg

a1eb3bf5.jpg

that nearly all the interior back in just need to swap the column out and refit all the plastics then im just waiting on my CJ Perfeomance Hoses and a cambelt kit then i can start getting the engine back in then the real fun starts with the new turbo kit fitting and fmic fitting ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Right after deciding I couldn't be arsed to rip the dash back out to change the support bar and column. O I decided to modify the n/a mounting plate to take the glanza stalks after a bit of head scratching and grinding it worked result.

bf0ed943.jpg

And all back together.

e42e1d72.jpg

073d7bb7.jpg

Just waiting on my hoses from cj performance then I can get the engine in and my turbo kit is being delivered by initial Dave the 2nd weekend in August. I can't wait :D

Good going mate it will all be worth it when its done!! you wont have any problems fitting it all in the front end at the end of the day its the same bay as the glanza its only the bumper that restricts space for the cooler a bit I could have fitted mine so it went behind the bumper with out butchering the bumper but the pipes where made for a glanza so I fitted it as it came plus I have a 98spec bumper to fit at some point but I quite like it as it is lol so its not a priority!

Keep up the good work!

right then just been pottering while waiting for parts to arrive so ive finished the interior and re mounted my rev counter and by boost gauge.

dd20e15f.jpg

mounted my new twin alpha horns,

c02f1e3f.jpg

modified the bonnet latch support to give the fmic a bit more room,

f89068f7.jpg

and james just let me know that the cj performance hoses have arrived and should be going out today or tomorrow,

c306a6c7.jpg

so ive just ordered my cambelt kit and other belts and a few other bits and bobs from camskill.

and only 2 weeks on sat till the new turbo kit is delivered by TCDave himself :)