Rob_bower's 242 bhp SR - Refresh and fueling upgrades.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Rob :)

I have the same exhaust an no issues with my set up Rob, so you will be all good :)

John

It wont cause a problem as such but it causes a HOT spot in the exhaust system, thats one of the hottest places in the exhaust after the turbo, we did quite a lot of tests on the dyno with with mine and found even a slip joint in the exhaust can make a difference in flow and EGT temps. I was trying to be helpful not criticize in any way.

It wont cause a problem as such but it causes a HOT spot in the exhaust system, thats one of the hottest places in the exhaust after the turbo, we did quite a lot of tests on the dyno with with mine and found even a slip joint in the exhaust can make a difference in flow and EGT temps. I was trying to be helpful not criticize in any way.

sure they have someting like that in my blitz nurspec r but not as bad id like to get it removed :D

Edited by akyakapotter

quick update before bed,

was off today so i craccked on and got a few more jobs ticked off.

first job a refurb on the other hub so i stripped it off and have it a good wire brushing, and a llick of hammerite.

3CA2059E-65A6-40DC-AB69-5EB1E2856097-1968-00000115CF7DC339.jpg

then time for some new dot4 clutch fluid as the old stiff left in the master cylinder was a bit manky...

C00E320D-BAD3-45AB-A31C-461337BBAA34-1968-00000115C7E5DB3F.jpg

then refitted the nearside hub and drive shaft and filled up the gearbox with some nice new castrol taf manual box oil.

Then seen as i had the the camera to hand i took few random snaps.

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

just needs a oil return, some oil and some coolant then it should be ready to try and fire it up.

Rob

I fucking love this.

With the exception of the fact that the words 'sleeper' and 'HDi intercooler' do not go well together in a sentence.

Otherwise, top work.

Also, clean that fucking Toyota badge up, it looks disgraceful.

I know bill the entire car is a disgrace really needs detailing as its been parked next to a hedge for 10 months.

Yea some proper butchering. Might have to try something a bit different to give a bit more clearance.

Rob

Right then had a few hours on it today sorting a few electrical issues out, after trying to connect the battery other day i had a whirring coming from the strarter mototr and the + battery terminal was overheating and smoking. After looking at the starter motor i realised when id stripped it down to clean it up id bolted it back together with the solenoid on back to front so it was getting a constant live feed. So issue one resolved. Score!

Issue 2, the smoking battery was a little more involved after trying the process fo elimination game i had drawna a blank. the while trying the less obvious things i spotted 2 wires which i had presumed were large eaths it appears they werent, they were the 2 live feeds that bolted in to the glanza fuse box, seen as im still running the n/a fuse box this caused a slight issue, so it was a case extending the wires and adding on the na plugs for the same wires. Score 2 issue resolved, battery connected up and no smoke.

New issue, after all this i tried the ignition 2 of the dash lights come on, the front lights dont work, the side repeaters come on when you switch the headlights on and when you flash the main beam these go off and the front and rear indicators flash. lol the good news is that the central locking works, wipers work, electric windows work :) but nothing when you turn the key to ignition :(

time to start the process of elimination again :( but once thats done i just need to sort the oil return and then i can fill the oil up and try and start it.

0A58A132-5A4A-4342-8656-C3F4A4D2535C-8972-000005365566790B.jpg

even the monster didnt help :(

Just thinking have you got all your earths on. Sounds like you are back feeding the lights. Almost like you have lost the main earth to the relays in the fues box. You should have some earths round by the coolant overflow bottle if I remember right. And down behind the plastics on the passenger side foot well on the left. One up buy the ecu I think. Can't remember them all

Edited by turbo Grant

I'll back track and check them all again next time Im off the ones I can remember are one behind each headlight, one on the gearbox, one on the engine mount, one in each footwell and one or 2 behind the dash.

Should have bought a v :(