Steves ***new*** Ep82 Gt Turbo

Nice one Steve i was looking for ages for Mikalor clamps.. Didnt know about Roose Motorsport though.

Few questions, what size clamps and how many of each did you order because i have a HDI intercooler but cant remember the 2 sizes... 2" or something?

Next question is what did you ask for, for the hoses for your Power steering reservoir and that? Just a length of what ever size

And im going to be running a Tongs hybrid with my HDI FMIC, was a wee bit of a struggle getting the pipe on the turbo but i got it on... This gonna be stressing the turbo with the pipe pulling at it?

Great write up as ever... Should be a comp for the best build thread :D

Yes mate theres a good selection of clamps on there website

heres a link for you so you know what to look for

http://www.roosemotorsport.co.uk/index.php...qhva9jgnavp9i92

i bought 10 of them so i had some spare think you need 8 bigger ones and 1 or 2 small ones for the hot pipe not 100% sire on the size i just took one in and said ten of them lol

As for the hoses i bought the full hose kit seen here

http://www.roosemotorsport.co.uk/product_i...qhva9jgnavp9i92

and the rad overflow pipe and catch can/rocker breather hose i just took in and asked. i think the rad one was 10mm pipe and catch can was 13mm pipe so just got a metre each of it think they were like £8 a metre. which sounds a lot but its really not for the quality of the hoses lol

As for the turbo if it fits on it should be fine. mine wasnt it was no where near thats why i needed mine extending. as long as it fits its ok if its a bit tight as long as its not super tight had to put all your weight to get it on kinda tight lol or else hit a bad bump etc it could go crack

Hehe thanks for the compliment 30 pages long aint bad cant believe I've not even owned it a year yet :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well todays progress has been good. brand new front brake pads and discs fitted, new track rod ends on, rear wheel bearings, new rear brake pads and discs fitted too. all wheels back on and finially a little forward and backwards up and down the drive :D

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0195.jpg

Felt so good to drive her again so excited to get her on the road now

also..............got the idling problem sorted too :D

heres a quick video of her running. lot of smoke coming out but bear in mind it hasnt run in 7 months, plug and play ecu hasnt had a chance to adjust and also havnt got the uprated fuel pump fitted yet either lol

http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo208/b...%3DDSCF0197.mp4

Enjoy :p

dont be so sure im insured......but not taxed. im trying to get it taxed but no insurance papers and not registered online yet.....so not so sure.

plus manchester is a long way to take it untested lol

dont be so sure im insured......but not taxed. im trying to get it taxed but no insurance papers and not registered online yet.....so not so sure.

plus manchester is a long way to take it untested lol

Dont do this to me now!!!! :D you need to attend :D

The smoking would have been Chris using lots of oil and grease on the rebuild mate plus I think he put diesel in your pots to free the rings off as they were full of carbon.... Loads

hmmmm im tryomg to come sunday. the only thing left to do is fit the toms bumper, get taxed and wire in the lights and indicators. but im on 12 hour shifts and have no time at all to do it all. we'll have to meet up some time soon though john somewhere in the middle so i can show you her if i dont make it sunday

hmmmm im tryomg to come sunday. the only thing left to do is fit the toms bumper, get taxed and wire in the lights and indicators. but im on 12 hour shifts and have no time at all to do it all. we'll have to meet up some time soon though john somewhere in the middle so i can show you her if i dont make it sunday

Yes definitely, Liam is organising a Notts get together, but do all you can to make Sunday going to be awesome :lol:

Leave it out sat I'll come over and do it all instead of going to get my tracking done! Lol :(

Fingers crossed steve!

We still on for next sat steve?

Hopefully you will be there Sunday an what you boys doing without me!!!!!! :lol:

Gonna look sweeet cant wait to see that sexy bumper fitted

Me neither :lol:

Leave it out sat I'll come over and do it all instead of going to get my tracking done! Lol

Fingers crossed steve!

We still on for next sat steve?

We certainly are mr b all ready and waiting to go :(

Hopefully you will be there Sunday an what you boys doing without me!!!!!!

Your coming arnt you?

i keep nagging him but lack of effort springs to mind...

im kanckered, i cba etc all spring to mind

disgrace

the day you do 12 hour shifts (manual labour not sitting on your arse :() and have the energy to work on your car in the dark afterwards is the day saxo's become reliable :(