• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Boys

@ Pick, running strong but still got blue smoke, hoping it's the oil that got into the intercooler system from running it to Japfest,other than that possibly valve stem seals :(

If so will be off the road till i decide what to do :(

Got rid of the nasty jubilee clips :)

576519_10150911894732649_655717648_9635277_894588051_n.jpg

John

All

Looks like the Stem seals have gone, really not feeling the car at the moment, need to come to a decision as to what to actually do with it :(

If i just do the top end it will throw the bottom out, and if i replace it with another used motor i could be in the same place in 3 months, so just need a long hard think on what to do.

John

John does the blue smoke appear immediately on startup and during normal driving and boost?

Did TD have anything to say about it?

If it was me and funds/time allowed I'd rebuild the whole engine so it could live on.

My engine was fully rebuilt when the car was converted but there are small signs of the valve stem seals going also, but I do not get blue smoke, only slight combustion smell after screamer pipe. I am going to take it up with my engine builder in a decent manner once I get the opportunity.

The only time I got blue smoke was when I plumbed in the rocker breather pipe (for vacuum) to the ebc hosing near the inlet mani = guaranteed blue smoke on every boost.

That was run like that for one short drive and quickly changed back. Am still happily driving away at 1.2bar mind you.

Ultimately I'd go forged 5E for the time and money you'd spend rebuilding the 4E engine or forging.

Depends how long you fancy holding onto the EP. Ultimately after that I'd be wanting a 2.0+ jap turbo saloon.

If you need uprated valve stem seals I'd let my Zisco ones go seeing as you are more in need.

Joz

Just read this. Sorry to hear mate.

I felt bad when mine went. But after all I spent on her I couldnt bare to break her, so I thought fuck it and off to tuning del it went for a stage 2.

Chin up. But yeah.... Get a GT now..... :)

as you was leaving rising sun it did look a tad smokey but only on over run. i would say valve stem oil seals. like i say cant you just have them replaced? find a garage that will do the old compressed air in the cylinder trick to remove the old stem seals? saves breaking into the headgasket etc. :thumbsup:

But yeah.... Get a GT now..... :)

do as the man says :harhar:

Edited by Flaminsam

Sorry to hear this John, I'd get the stem seals replaced as suggested above. First check if it is definitely them though.

They are £5 odd + VAT from dealers and there's 16 of them, I've got a few sets in stock (OEM Toyota) and you could have a set for half the dealers price. :thumbsup:

bad new's john but you cant break it mate its a minter and worth doing on it like iddy said get the bits at a good price .he;s saved my bacon this weekend on drop links that would have cost me 130quid from toyota but ended up costing me 24quid .get it done mate and enjoy your car some more

Cheers for the thoughts all :)

John does the blue smoke appear immediately on startup and during normal driving and boost?

Did TD have anything to say about it?

If it was me and funds/time allowed I'd rebuild the whole engine so it could live on.

My engine was fully rebuilt when the car was converted but there are small signs of the valve stem seals going also, but I do not get blue smoke, only slight combustion smell after screamer pipe. I am going to take it up with my engine builder in a decent manner once I get the opportunity.

The only time I got blue smoke was when I plumbed in the rocker breather pipe (for vacuum) to the ebc hosing near the inlet mani = guaranteed blue smoke on every boost.

That was run like that for one short drive and quickly changed back. Am still happily driving away at 1.2bar mind you.

Ultimately I'd go forged 5E for the time and money you'd spend rebuilding the 4E engine or forging.

Depends how long you fancy holding onto the EP. Ultimately after that I'd be wanting a 2.0+ jap turbo saloon.

If you need uprated valve stem seals I'd let my Zisco ones go seeing as you are more in need.

Joz

Joz

It's mainly on the overun as stated by Sam and also when its stood ticking over for more than a couple of mins, really pissing me off as when sat in traffic you see the car behind getting covered in smoke :(

Will try and make a decision over this week :(

John