• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shame to hear this just had the same problem with my new 5e lump seriously a few hours work new head gasket, head bolts, and some stem seals could piss it this weekend! keep positive. i have a sledge hammer in place for the next time my car pisses me off :)

Dean

Know that feeling, anyone up for a Stem seal/Clutch party ??

Opportunity for Wiki feature on both :)

I'll provide food and drink ;)

John does the blue smoke appear immediately on startup and during normal driving and boost?

Did TD have anything to say about it?

If it was me and funds/time allowed I'd rebuild the whole engine so it could live on.

My engine was fully rebuilt when the car was converted but there are small signs of the valve stem seals going also, but I do not get blue smoke, only slight combustion smell after screamer pipe. I am going to take it up with my engine builder in a decent manner once I get the opportunity.

The only time I got blue smoke was when I plumbed in the rocker breather pipe (for vacuum) to the ebc hosing near the inlet mani = guaranteed blue smoke on every boost.

That was run like that for one short drive and quickly changed back. Am still happily driving away at 1.2bar mind you.

Ultimately I'd go forged 5E for the time and money you'd spend rebuilding the 4E engine or forging.

Depends how long you fancy holding onto the EP. Ultimately after that I'd be wanting a 2.0+ jap turbo saloon.

If you need uprated valve stem seals I'd let my Zisco ones go seeing as you are more in need.

Joz

You have pm ;)

John

nomnomnom! glad your going in that direction john! would have been gutting to see this broke!

good good she be a beast in no time

Sweet...... It makes sense. :D

Awesome that is all :)

Nice one matey glad you havent give up on this beast :)

Thats great news John :)

Biting the bullet to push things further!

Love it! :ph34r:

Joz

Wow taking it balls deep now! Is it going to be ready in time for jf2? Would love to see it reaping on track!

Nice choice John B)

Phil likes this.

alot.

:thumbsup:

Phil.

Good to hear you're going down the forged route dude

Cheers boys , Hope to have it back in time for Japfest 2 but it will need running in :)

John