★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah its to stop the air swirling up and getting caught behind the bumper and swirling creating a mini 'vacuum' on the back of the car. just makes it flow straight out from under the car and keeps the air linear

haha yeah :) to get the full effect the car would need a flat bottom, meaning front exit exhaust, or full on custom moulded underside lol

wing exit and aluminium plate was going to be the plan on my old n/a :( lol

Ohhhhh my god! I've been looking into going full on track attack mode for my GT, but wouldn't have the funds for some time :( Will eagerly look forward to seeing this on! And yeah, for the front splitter, I was thinking bringing some bits of metal down from the chassis, welding some hinges to them, and then attaching the full splitter to them, with adjustable struts at the front tied into the front metal. And then for the bumper, have a lip of some kind, with a rubber strip on the bottom of that to meet up with the splitter so it's a continuous 'wall' so to speak. Air either goes over or under, not between the bumper and splitter.

Yeah I hear you, that would make sense!

I've got an idea of what lip I want but not sure what to do about a diffuser, definitely want a similar idea where it's properly stable though and not just one for show so to speak!

Excuse the absolutely shit picture, but something like this. Not sure if I'm being too complicated with the hinge, or even if you could take the board that far back (sump, exhaust, steerting and suspension will probably be in the way), but its what I dreamt up one day. Most likely highly unworkable.

Starlet%20aero.png

Yeah I understand, problem would be clearing exhaust, FARB etc! Mindless is doing aero now on his GT so I'm keeping a close eye hoping there's a simple solution!

Yeah full undertray will be difficult, I'd be happy with just a functional front diffuser! It handles well with the LSD but more downforce will help a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, due to other commitments I may be forced to sell my JF2 afternoon (4hr) pit lane pass for track. This includes being allowed on track anytime between 1pm-5pm and you can pull in and out whenever you like. Also includes a ticket and John has said he'd sort a stand pass for me so is anyone was to buy it that would be yours too.

May swap for a stand pass ticket and a single 20min track session with cash my way..

I'll confirm whether I want to get rid by about the end of next week!

Liking the effort your putting into this Amjad, that diffuser is quality, How do you plan on fitting it? Cutting out a bit of the rear bumper to fit it in?

Thanks! Well it was fitted to a GT before (Gary doesn't remember who's GT it was so can't search for pics) but I'm gonna line it up and see how it goes. Would rather not cut it as the bumpers on the GT aren't the deepest anyway!

Could have a buyer for that track time if you do decide to sell mate.

Had a PM off someone who's interested but I'll let you know if I don't sort anything out. Ideally looking to swap for a stand pass and single track session with money my way. Thanks for the heads up :)

Not really much of an update, but white wheels are going in the next fortnight!

Also my 4 hour open pit-lane track ticket with club stand pass is definitely for sale!

Looking to swap for a stand pass and single track session with money my way, holla!

*Update*

Well I'm finally back home and ready to get this thing on the road *fingers crossed!*

Been ordering plenty of parts today, loads to do over the next week or so, really want the MOT done some time next week! I'll put pics of the bits I've ordered and the progress of the work but here's the to-do list!

-Remove Meisters, ZEP Racing Panhard rod, Whiteline FARB & RARB from NA

-Fit the above to GT

-Change the ride height (NA is set too low up front and too high at the rear)

-Repaint front calipers

-Paint and fit the replacement rear calipers

-Fit new rear discs, pads and bearings

-Rebleed brakes

-Refit Japspeed exhaust

-Replace CV boots, ball joints and track rod ends

-Get the bonnet catch support fixed

-Sort out the wobbly Civic rad fan

-Sort the scoop rubber trim

-Re-velcro the plate at the front

-Replace broken lower driver side dash panel

-Fit stereo

-Fit front/rear speakers

-Wire and fit sub

-Well needed wash, clay, polish and wax

-Fit the new wheels and tyres (pics to follow when they arrive)

Think that's it, quite a hefty job as you can see! Wish me luck! :)

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

Should be mint once all that's done, she'll fly through the MOT, don't worry!

I noticed you're doing ball joints and track rod ends, with what? Poly bushes or something? What effect would that have on the car? I've noticed at times the steering on mine feels 'loose' and a bit vauge, and I'm just wondering if bushes need replacing upfront.

*Update*

The first picture is his and the other are mine (brother gave it a quick wipe). I believe it's aluminium or something similar and is quite light from what I've been told! Also it came off an EP82 so should fit without much difficulty, but I will have to rewire the fog switch to one of the rear light bulbs (but I want to retain the 2 x dual filament sidelight/brakellight function in each cluster, can this be done?).

Amjad

Should be able to use a reverse light one bud, I did that on my old 82.

As above, ive done exactly that. Got the reverse on the NS and a rear fog integrated into the OS cluster. Still have the top and bottom sides / brakes.

The above list youve got should keep you busy for a while :)

Should be mint once all that's done, she'll fly through the MOT, don't worry!

I noticed you're doing ball joints and track rod ends, with what? Poly bushes or something? What effect would that have on the car? I've noticed at times the steering on mine feels 'loose' and a bit vauge, and I'm just wondering if bushes need replacing upfront.

I think it gets rid of any play in those parts, cars done about 80,000 miles so it should help make it feel a bit fresher! Figured as it'll need alignment for the Meisters I may just do it all now. With regards to Polybushes, that's another project for a later date, I plan to polybush everything and anything apart from the engine mounts!

Should be able to use a reverse light one bud, I did that on my old 82.

As above, ive done exactly that. Got the reverse on the NS and a rear fog integrated into the OS cluster. Still have the top and bottom sides / brakes.

The above list youve got should keep you busy for a while :)

Ah Nice idea guys, thanks! Any idea how I would go about doing this?

I just done mine quickly and tbh its not the best way but, i spliced the live wire that goes to the front fog light switch, and ran the wire down to the OSR cluster, put a capless red LED bulb in the bulbholder, powered it with that wire and earthed it on the light securing bolt.

Hope that makes sense lol.

Only downside is that once the fog light switch is pressed then all the fogs are on but it doesn't bother me.

And use a good red LED, i bought one for a quid and its not that bright. Rear fog is supposed to be brighter than brakes for MOT and obv for when its foggy.