★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice mate, will be really comfy

I've driven a glanza with those seats in. Very comfey :)

I used to have one of those great seats dude

Nice

Thanks guys, they are amazingly comfortable! I tried them in a Colt a few months ago and knew I had to get them at some point!

Picked up these ridiculously cheap too so that helps ;)

Hate them

Buy the ones you found! :lol:

Amjad, could you pm pics and prices of the GT seats mate

Sorry Mark I already have two people lined up to buy them, but if the sale falls through I'll let you know :)

• 1 month later...

*Update*

Just paid for one of these!

321405_10152418409805542_1270001324_n.jp

HKS Hi-Power Silent full system :D

It's from a Glanza so it'll need a slight change on the back box to fit the GT, but looking forward to getting it on. Always loved the look of these!

If anyone has modified a V box to fit a GT please post some before and after pics in here so I can see what needs doing :)

Amjad

You reckon? It's coming off a 300bhp Glanza and he says it was perfect; quiet at idle but nice on boost

I'm not after anything too loud or too quiet, but I'm used to a nice sound from my Japspeed haha

I might even keep this as my "spare quiet system" as I have another lined up too, can't decide between them :lol:

Edited by Amjad

well with 300hp would of thought it would be out anyways for better power...

but yea i had mine in I kno different but mines a 5zigen pro racer and sounded OK but when took the mid silencer out wow! new exhaust system sounds unreel

not to loud as well mind :)

So the white wheels have been provisionally sold to Amir to put on his VTAK, and I'm going to take a look at my new wheels tomorrow..

I'm not going to tell anyone what they are so watch this space (and my NA thread I suppose). A handful of people know what I'm going for but I ask you not to say anything ;)

Pics coming soon!

Wohoo can't wait to get them back! :)

New wheels look tasty!

They'll suit my style and this car so much better IMO! ;)

Havnt seen this car since fest when you had the oil leak. Will it be in the road this summer?

I hope so Grant! I have to now, it's been way too long! Got a few maintainance jobs to do before I bring it on the road but I'm hoping I'll get a decent insurance quote this Summer!

Looking forward to seeing these wheels Matey!

:thumbsup:

Cheers buddy, ask and ye shall receive! :D

*Update*

Went to test my new wheels on the NA yesterday, suffice it to say I'm in love with them ^_^

I did like the white wheels, but having seen them on two GTs before they didn't really feel at home on mine really! Also wasn't fond of the colour and that they need new tyres soon ideally. The new ones are XXR replicas, 15x8 ET30. The offset does sound quite high/reasonable for a Starlet but believe me the extra inch in width over typical Starlet wheels makes a crazy difference :o

I'm already on coilovers and I have a panhard rod but to clear the arches cleanly I'll need to roll the flip out of them and run stretched tyres, but I'm way more willing to put the work in for these than the white ones! These are way more my style, a more JDM style design but keeping with aggressive fitment and not being tucked.

I'm running GT brakes, and there seems to be a lot of room under there. Whether they'll leave enough space for the GT4 brakes I don't know, but hoping the concave face helps! Anyway, enough nattering..pics!

20130125_143647_Hagrid_zps904afe88.jpg

20130125_143547_Hagrid_zps73da5545.jpg

20130125_143627_Hagrid_zpsc6d4de33.jpg

20130125_143634_Hagrid_zps9528f9f3.jpg

20130125_143916_Hagrid_zpse75c352a.jpg

20130125_144537_Hagrid_zps29424de3.jpg

20130125_144506_Hagrid_zps74fd415b.jpg

20130125_144524_Hagrid_zpse1f06f91.jpg

The ones pictured are matte black, never been a fan of it but even so they look amazing IMO! Gonna wait until April-ish time to order them though, as the colour I want isn't in stock!

When I get them I'm going to roll the arches on the NA and GT and see if the NA gives enough room (the front is a bit too low and I can't be bothered adjusting it) to run until the Summer when I use the GT again. If not, oh well they'll look awesome on the GT!

Hope you like them guys, first time I'm buying a new set of wheels and I gotta say that at last, it'll definitively make the car my own!

Remember where you saw it first! 8)

P.s. anyone looking at the post time and thinking WTF? I just had a week of exams and am on a slightly nocturnal sleeping pattern :lol:

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

wheels look sick, when you get the arches rolled get them 'pulled' aswell, gives you a smidge more room :thumbsup:

I've not looked much into how to do flaring over rolling, is it just a matter of using a larger roller piece? I can probably do it on the NA but I'm not sure it can be done on the GT due to the arch trims? I know I'll have to cut them from the arch edge where they bolt in and then glue them on the arch after, but I don't think that they'll adhere and bend to a more curved and flared surface. Maybe I'm wrong I dunno!

Looks good if you can pull it off.

Get a block of wood on the floor, cover it in a towel and actually put it down on the rim to get a real idea of how they will sit.

Then get some top down shots to see the poke

I actually asked if we could do this yesterday but it was only a display wheel he had in stock and he didn't wanna risk damaging it. I'm hoping it should be okay, using willtheyfit.com I've worked out that over the white wheels, these will give me 4mm less poke (definitely a good thing) and 10mm lower tyre profile using 45s!