★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

I think it gets rid of any play in those parts, cars done about 80,000 miles so it should help make it feel a bit fresher! Figured as it'll need alignment for the Meisters I may just do it all now. With regards to Polybushes, that's another project for a later date, I plan to polybush everything and anything apart from the engine mounts!

Ah right ok. Yeah, I'm planning on doing a full refresh of all the bushes etc at some point, just don't know when! With regards to engine mount bushes though, I'm glad I went for TRD, don't think I would have gotten on well with polybushed mounts truth be told!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet thanks for that! I've got the wires for rear fog already in the boot as I had the fog done last year, but the actual light broke off haha. Do you remember the colour of the wire which is the live? And the other wire I assume is the one that needs to be earthed? No worries on the front fogs, I've taken mine out :)

I just done mine quickly and tbh its not the best way but, i spliced the live wire that goes to the front fog light switch, and ran the wire down to the OSR cluster, put a capless red LED bulb in the bulbholder, powered it with that wire and earthed it on the light securing bolt.

Hope that makes sense lol.

Only downside is that once the fog light switch is pressed then all the fogs are on but it doesn't bother me.

And use a good red LED, i bought one for a quid and its not that bright. Rear fog is supposed to be brighter than brakes for MOT and obv for when its foggy.

Ah right ok. Yeah, I'm planning on doing a full refresh of all the bushes etc at some point, just don't know when! With regards to engine mount bushes though, I'm glad I went for TRD, don't think I would have gotten on well with polybushed mounts truth be told!

One step ahead of me, that's what I plan to run eventually :) Edited by Amjad

*Update*

-Remove Meisters, ZEP Racing Panhard rod, Whiteline FARB & RARB from NA FARB removed, Stock Polybushed ARB fitted

-Fit the above to GT FARB fitted

-Change the ride height (NA is set too low up front and too high at the rear)

-Repaint front calipers

-Rebleed brakes

-Paint and fit the replacement rear calipers Cleaned, sanded and wound back ready for paint>DONE!

-Fit new rear discs, pads and bearings DONE!

-Refit Japspeed exhaust Front section on>DONE!

-Replace CV boots, ball joints and track rod ends Parts ordered, fitting on Weds/Thurs>Arrived

-Get the bonnet catch support fixed

-Sort out the wobbly Civic rad fan

-Sort the scoop rubber trim

-Re-velcro the plate at the front Old velcro and glue removed>DONE!

-Replace broken lower driver side dash panel Need screws!

-Fit stereo

-Fit front/rear speakers

-Wire and fit sub

-Fit rear fog

-Well needed wash, clay, polish and wax Half done

-Fit the new wheels and tyres (pics to follow when they arrive) Collected, arriving Wednesday>ARRIVED!

Also bought a set of part worn 195/45 Yohohama A539s, hopefully should arrive in time for the wheels!

Waiting on a lot of parts to come through, but tomorrow's jobs are to make a hotpipe gasket, change the FARB over and fit the exhaust. And if anything arrives then do whatever I can!

Edited by Amjad

*Update*

So I have a bit of time to add the few pictures I've taken since the work kicked off! Here it was on Sunday, looking quite sorry for himself! Took ages cleaning the grime off from all the nooks, crannies and shuts! :(

PicsArt_1371402410061_zpsec506e22.jpg

And much better following a thorough clean!

20130618_213641_zps46843931.jpg

Slim HID kit to go on after MOT

20130619_181630_zps76534c03.jpg

New Outer CV boots, track rod ends, ball joints, fuel filter and thermostat from ID-WORKZ, thanks again!

a9388fa3-4084-430f-915d-43fe8f05a115_zps

And then work began on the brakes, the old ones..

ecb23933-117f-409e-be4c-c61150aa1ca3_zps

And new bearings, pads, discs and my replacement calipers that I resprayed (fluoro pink)

7408d349-6f0e-4b04-8c2b-1064b02221f8_zps

b5381e40-9c2d-4e66-b819-233addbe948a_zps

Other side

0f597cb4-692d-4145-a2b7-c89a35843da6_zps

Centre caps for the new wheels! I think you can tell the theme I'm going for! The surface was too rough for the stickers to seat and when sealing them, some came off lol. So I'm gonna sand them smooth and spray them with some chrome spray I have left over from when I did my '98 spec indicators!

20130619_180459_zps069d2124.jpg

And perhaps the most exciting update, 15x7 OZ Superleggera's! :D

Thanks to Socks for these! They're silly light (5.1kg) so looking forward to the difference they make! Hopefully tyres should arrive today and I can get them on, but first thing's first I need to give them a thorough clean and seal them once they are spotless :)

http://s56.photobucket.com/user/lowrida786/media/Project%20EP82/PicsArt_1371642352822_zps614c0231.jpg.html'>PicsArt_1371642352822_zps614c0231.jpg

Nice to have an update with pics for once :lol:

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

Gave them a herculean clean today! There is some very, very deeply bedded in tar one on or two wheels in some spots that won't shift at all. I'm gonna need some crazy wheel cleaner or something; even clay wouldn't budge it! But aside from that, gave them a quick polish with Meguiar's Compound and coated in a layer of Collinite 476. Gonna give them a coat of FK1000p now and let them cure overnight hopefully for when the tyres arrive in the morning!

Tested the rear brakes today and all seems well! My lacquer spray didn't arrive yesterday so I gave each rear caliper a couple of coats, just need to get the front calipers off some time to do the same! ^_^

was just checking there my old white V passed its MOT with tdo4 kit on/mapped etc..

it will be fine

loads of motors up here get passed with decats on

It's really odd, the guy who does my MOT was adamant that no imports pass without a cat lol

I know he's wrong to some extent but don't wanna argue with him so he fails me on other stuff lol. Also didn't want to go around finding a new tester as I need the car done asap! I'll have the car in Southampton next year for MOT anyway so should be sorted then. Went to Toyota today to order new studs for the cat and also some screws and clips for the dash

Oh come your not running the white ones anymore?

Just a change of heart really, I do like them but the scrubbing was annoying me. Also I didn't like the fact that for small stretch to help fitment you'd need 185 or less, I don't wanna drop tyre size which is why I wish they were 8J and a higher offset. The OZs will be my normal rims for now and once I can afford a "showier" set, they'll become my track wheels :)

Edited by Amjad

*Update*

So, quite a few pics to add! Here he sat in the garage, plan was to do the CV boots, ball joints, track rod ends, repair small crack in decat, weld bonnet catch and MOT. All was done bar the bonnet and MOT unfortunately, but I should be going back on Tuesday!

PicsArt_1371896595094_zps741196d6.jpg

Removed the battered screw type '82 wipers and fitted freshly sprayed '91 Aero ones (caps were put on after this pic was taken)

20130621_173346_zpsf49e0ba0.jpg

20130621_174025_zps271caf31.jpg

Similarly, got rid of the fugly rear wiper for a slick little Yaris one :)

20130621_174518_zps539fdd4a.jpg

20130621_174637_zps86c0d149.jpg

Gave the rear calipers a few coats of lacquer (as it hadn't arrived the night I was spraying them)

20130620_222705_zpsd2f5c98c.jpg

IMG-20130620-WA0007_zps7baeecc5.jpg

And then spent today swapping over the rear suspension, managed to do the Meisters and ZEP panhard rod, and I removed the RARB from the NA. I'll probably get the mechanic to drill some holes for it as I don't have a drill!

IMG_20130623_203934_Hagrid_zpsc3451d10.j

I also swapped over the GT stock panhard rod to the NA, as the NA one was so flimsy in comparison! You could literally twist and bend it in your hands! (NA one on top and GT beneath)

IMG-20130623-WA0007_zps0598d95b.jpg

Wound the rear down about 3x360 degree rotations on the coils, fair bit lower than it was on the NA. I think this is about the limit for low offset wheels, tempted to go lower as the OZs will be rocking 45 profiles, but I'll see how they sit and go from there! Need to keep in mind that speakers and the sub will lower it further! Note: the flash makes the arch gap look bigger than it is, and my driveway is on a slope so less weight on the back too :p

http://s56.photobucket.com/user/lowrida786/media/Project%20EP82/IMG-20130623-WA0013_zps1776233f.jpg.html'>IMG-20130623-WA0013_zps1776233f.jpg

http://s56.photobucket.com/user/lowrida786/media/Project%20EP82/IMG-20130623-WA0011_zps44a70f9d.jpg.html'>IMG-20130623-WA0011_zps44a70f9d.jpg

Hopefully more progress tomorrow and the MOT Tuesday!

-Remove Meisters, ZEP Racing Panhard rod, Whiteline FARB & RARB from NA DONE! Except front Meisters (tomorrow)

-Fit the above to GT DONE! Except front Meisters (tomorrow)

-Change the ride height (NA is set too low up front and too high at the rear) DONE!

-Paint and fit the replacement rear calipers DONE!

-Fit new rear discs, pads and bearings DONE!

-Refit Japspeed exhaust DONE!

-Replace CV boots, ball joints and track rod ends DONE!

-Re-velcro the plate at the front DONE!

-Fit rear fog DONE!

-Replace broken lower driver side dash panel Just need to fit screws

-Get the bonnet catch support fixed Hopefully Tuesday

-Well needed wash, clay, polish and wax Half done

-Fit the new wheels and tyres (pics to follow when they arrive) Hopefully tomorrow!

-Sort out the wobbly Civic rad fan

-Sort the scoop rubber trim

-Repaint front calipers

-Rebleed brakes

-Fit stereo

-Fit front/rear speakers

-Wire and fit sub

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

You got lots of work going on haha hope your enjoying it and greased them rear bearings right up and left a bit of play

I did indeed, they seem to be silent! :)

floro pink aye? BITCH

:p

Yeah, decided on this back when I bought it and had it rocking the pink wheels in '11 :p

They do say pink reminds a man of the breast

LOL!

*Update*

Nice little surprise I found on the GT, now residing on the NA :)

IMG-20130624-WA0016_zps357870a2.jpg

And more importantly..

http://s56.photobucket.com/user/lowrida786/media/Project%20EP82/IMG_20130625_154732_Hagrid_zpsb213b304.jpg.html'>IMG_20130625_154732_Hagrid_zpsb213b304.j

Should sit a little lower on the back with my sub and rear speakers, happy with it for now. Just MOT and tracking tomorrow..praying everything is okay!

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

Many thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

*Update*

PASSED THE MOT WOHOOOOO! :D Literally SO happy right now, feels like all the hard work has paid off :wub:

Tonight's job: get the godawful cat off and HIDs and LED in :D

Amjad

Edited by Amjad