★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

Cheers dude! They're really good so far, good wet and dry grip! Seem slightly more comfy than the URS2s but that might just be a placebo effect. Will give them a good test once I have a baffled sump on!

Thats what i wanted to hear :) perfect thanks mate!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you had the geo checked on this after the rear camber work, what is max and min camber?

Can you share photos of how it was achieved, feel free to PM.

PM on the way

Thats what i wanted to hear :) perfect thanks mate!

No probs :)

Did you get the metal sleaves off the ends of the wish bones where the alk fits on?

Yeah don't worry, I've kept them! They're in the garden haha

• 3 weeks later...

*Update*

Thanks to Opie Oils! I took advantage of the Easter sale and picked up some gearbox oil and engine oil. I also digged out some solid shifter bushes I bought from ID Workz what must have been years ago now lol20140424_162928_zps1002d395.jpg

Fitted the bushes just now, gearshift feels noticeably nicer! They were quite stiff to get in though and aren't 100% sitting in the shifter cable housings. Not sure if I was meant to sand the housing a bit or something?

Also Idrees if yyou're reading this, I just noticed in your thread you fitted some but they're quite different to these. Is there any reason you sell different ones now? And I only have 2 washers?

20140424_163500_zps2e7e3e61.jpg

Should hopefully have my sump back from Dean too :)

Amjad

Went for a little drive and they're perfect, just me being paranoid haha!

And I agree with you, an amazing upgrade for the money! I thought my gearbox was smooth before but now it's so nice to shift! I highly recommend buying these!

*Update*

Got my wishbones back from Trestan Powdercoaters in Soton (I recommend them!). Got them done in a pink sparkle, looks sweet IMO :)

PhotoGrid_1398691223448_zps366db951.jpg

I already have an ALK ready to go, just need to collect the front polybush, possibly a lower arm bar and the whole lot will be fitted in June as I have exams in a few weeks!

Amjad

Epic mate, i always use a1 who are a bit further down from treston. Treston wouldnt do my fmic kit but a1 did an epic job and a1 are an alloy refurber too if ya ever need em ;)

• 3 weeks later...

*Update*

Got this back from Dean the other week

20140501_172100_zps9e071093.jpg

20140501_172109_zps53683f67.jpg

And got it fitted. Did go to VW to pick up sealant after everyone kept raving about it, but £24 for this?

IMG-20140503-WA0006_zps175f55ae.jpg

Feck that! I used RTV sealant (Loctite was out of stock at Halfrauds) after thoroughly cleaning up the engine and sump. Then went ahead and gave the car an oil change and filter. Picture for reference

20140506_162110_zpsefc6738b.jpg

And finally, drained and refilled the gearbox oil. This is what came out!

20140503_160050_zps13007edc.jpg

Crazy how dirty that was! It's made a massive difference now, shifts perfectly :D

Amjad

Baffle cost a lot less than other people quoted! Best to drop Dean a text :)

I used 2 and a bit litres (also added some Wynn's gearbox oil treatment so I used less oil than normally would have been needed)

Nice man!

But where did you get the sun banner? Can you pm me a link please?

Thanks! Got it from Josh (Tuner Lifestyle) :)

Amazing sump work, been wanting one of them for a while now so I'm going to message Dean.

Good work as always bro.

Thanks Liam! :)

Love the fact I don't need to worry about oil pressure dropping mid corner!

• 3 weeks later...

*Update*

Just finished my exams, treated myself (well, the car really!) to the last suspension polybush :)

20140611_162650_zps7b14c312.jpg

GT 34mm front wishbone bush if anyone was wondering

I should also be collecting the powdercoated part from a few weeks ago, tomorrow :D

Amjad

*Update*

I'll let the pics do the talking first :)

IMG_20140612_165117_Ingrid_zpsfa890f40.j20140612_165330_Ingrid_zpse2859861.jpg20140612_165424_Hagrid_zpse3e15d67.jpg20140612_165432_Hagrid_zpsafa0129e.jpg

Ultra Racing 4pt front lower brace :D

Also gave the car a quick wash and QDIMG_20140612_155112_Ingrid_zps73139dc4.j

Will hopefully get that lot fitted soon!

Amjad

• 8 months later...

*Update*

Well that has to be my longest hiatus so far! Gonna struggle to remember what's gone the past 9 months :lol:

First things first, polybushes went on the new wishbones with ALK and on the car (thanks Grant!). Unfortunately the lower brace fouled the exhaust so that's sitting around waiting until I can afford to go see Dean for a solution. But the bushes made a huge difference, it got rid of that last bit of body roll that was bugging me.

We also got my oil cooler core mounted up in front of the rad, however a delay in parts meant I couldn't get it plumbed in before JF2. And seeing as I wasn't on track again for a while I've left that as it is. Hoping to get it working in the next month or two before summer.

Last job that day was to raise the front (albeit slightly too much) but it didn't have a ridiculous rake for once. Had the tracking done and car was handling beautifully!

Unfortunately a few weeks later my turbo gave up the ghost. Got a mint CT9b from JamesD89 and had it ported and fitted with the help of Ryan Lang.

Old one

20140810_202706_zpsa3fjaqnh.jpg

New

20140810_202723_zpsaaftuj1m.jpg

Following this, I gave it an oil change at 154,000km. Also I had the sticking rear calipers rebuilt by Big Red, great service! Lastly, I stuck on the biggest Green Cotton air filter I could fit behind the grille haha (you'll spot it in pics to follow).

That brings me to JF2, car performed really well on track setting a 1:31 time around Donington on Rainsport 3s. The tyres being the limiting factor now, and surprisingly not the piddly CT9! Here's a pic, with Ali_legend following in his old DC2

IMG-20150221-WA0007_zpsqbdib0e2.jpg

Unfortunately I had a few braking problems that day, due to the Gulf "racing fluid" I used. Couldn't brake as hard or late as I wanted but never mind. Had a soft pedal problem which thanks to certain peeps on here was put down to cooked fluid. Got some ATE Super 200 from ID-Workz and set about flushing the system completely. I also put some new bleed screws in on the front while I was at it. Check out the particles that were present in the old fluid below.

20150131_124125_zpsaz3um9xk.jpg

20150201_172620_zpsnfnusjl9.jpg

Thankfully I had normal brakes again. But alas being an old car a few new problems creeped in. Ordered in a new ball joint and got it in and lowered the car a touch (thanks to Nick).

20150114_152623_zps0svzk6uf.jpg

Put in a recent order some new detailing products for the first time in ages!

Autobrite Purple Velvet shampoo (which is amazing!!) and some Berry blast QD

IMG_20141202_130955_zps9465e9os.jpg

And some Gtechniq G4/G5, an amazing window sealant combo. Like Rainx but a lot better and longer lasting.

IMG-20141101-WA0003_zps9lpilpg7.jpg

Gave the car a winter protection detail consisting of a wash, clay, polish with Autoglym SRP and sealed with 2 coats of Finish Kare 1000p

20150113_203226_zpszybvmzwd.jpg

20150113_203235_zpsp37ppfso.jpg20150113_203440_zpseoccgu1q.jpg

It's picked up a fair few battle scars since it got more use while I'm at uni but shines up well with a bit of TLC :)

20150114_145455_zpsh66xg0cn.jpg

20150208_154420_zpsozk7ez8o.jpg

Almost up to date now, I promise haha

Winter service time

20141230_155155_zpswfistwto.jpg

20141230_154636_zpsihknzigx.jpg

Was running out of FK1000p so figured I might try out a LSP that is getting massive hype at the moment, Soft99 Fusso 12 month coat dark

fussocoatdark.jpg

I only gave it a very light coat on the bonnet, wings and bumper but my God is this stuff good! Easiest wax I've ever applied and removed. It fills swirls, the shine is insane and water sheeting properties are hard to beat. For £20 you really can't go wrong, here's a pic after it rained

20150301_184911_LLS_zpsvpauqcfb.jpg

I didn't go over the whole car because I was waiting on another great product to arrive; Poorboy's Black Hole

PB-BHG.jpg

Gonna give the car a full going over with this (by hand) and then 2 coats of Fusso. Finish is gonna be crazy for sure!

And my latest aquisitions, many thanks again out to ID-Workz! CC Stage 4 clutch, CC lightweight flywheel, Toyota Gbox side crank oil seal, CV joint and ball joint for passenger side (latter 4 out of shot)

20150304_103648_zpsw1bsajn2.jpg

Nick is almost done fitting that lot and I'm due to pick up the car shortly all being well! Hopefully tweak ride height exactly where I want it (thanks Steve for the C-Spanners) this week and then a final alignment!

Plans to follow include:

- A pair of sticky tyres, not sure whether to go for Nankang NS2-R's or try to round up enough pennies for some AD08R's

- Fitting my R-Spec MBC (thanks Azz for putting me onto it)

- Getting the timing belt, water pump, rotor arm, dizzy and plugs done soon

- Yellowstuff pads for the front

Sorry for the essay :D

Amjad

Nice too see an update Amjad :) I found I lost a lot of body roll after removing front upper strut brace, car felt a lot more balanced( mine was never intended for track though)

Gutted I sold that turbo now :( glad it went to a good home tho, be nice to watch her tearing up the track again this year, you on for jf1?

James