Yo, thought i'd post up my build thread for my new ep85 that i picked up yesterday! I bought it from Enzo and have to say if anyone is looking to import a car, give the man a shout as he's very organised and a total pleasure to deal with! He collected it from the docks, got it mot'd, registered, taxed etc! So it was a very easy transaction for me! :D

It's a 1995 Starlet Ep85 S Model.

Here is the car over in Japan:

Ep851.jpg

Ep852.jpg

Ep853.jpg

Ep854.jpg

Ep856.jpg

Then Enzo picked it up from the docks and took it to his garage where I got sent a few more pics:

Ep855.jpg

Ep857.jpg

Ep859.jpg

I told Enzo not to polish or wax the car as ill be detailing it over the next week or so! Plan is to fully degrease the arches and underseal them first of all before the winter comes! I sent down some 40mm lowering springs which has sorted out the stance a bit! still a bit high at the rear but i'm happy with it for now and didnt have to cut the springs!

Some pics when i got it home :D (apologies for the crap quality - taken with my iphone)

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Pic of it next to the Glanza :(

IMG_0056.jpg

First up was removing the rear wiper and a sticker off the boot, along with scraping off the writing off the windows:

IMG_0064.jpg

Boot and interior thoroughly cleaned:

Old headunit was ripped out and replaced with an alpine one, also the huge speakers were removed from the parcel shelf! New mats were chucked in too. Replaced the gearknob with the original glanza one too. thought it looked better!

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Pic with the steel wheels:

IMG_0063.jpg

Pic once Blacks Racing 14s were fitted - Cheers Fro! :p

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Will update this regularly to let you see the progress of this, more pics should be coming tomorrow once the detail starts! :D

Next job is to get new wiper arms - my aero wiper blades dont fit with the existing arms...anyone know if GT ones will just simply bolt on? Also thinking about getting a GT rear bumper so the rear looks a bit nicer?

What you think?

Chris

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well plans for this year are:

Fully underseal

Detail the paintwork etc

Cat 1 alarm install

Fit my momo wheel and boss

Get new wiper arms and fit aero wiper blades to them

Clean up the engine bay thoroughly

Possibly get a GT rear bumper and fit that instead of the existing one!

Got one optional extra recaro seat, and a passenger ep82 recaro rail, so if its not a massive job ill get a drivers rail for it and modify it to fit the different floor plan!

Keep it n/a for a while and maybe turbo it next year, will see though! Kinda want to buy k sport brakes for the glanza next spring! hmmm....

Neat, I also like the fact your keeping the N/A front end :D

Keep up the great work, will be watching this like a hawk!

Cheers mate!

Yeah keeping the front end the same, but prob going to get a GT rear bumper! will make the rear look a bit better i reckon!

Should be more updates tomorrow as i start to clean it up properly!

Cheers for the comments folks!

Got underway with the detail this morning! Started at 9pm with the car looking like this:

IMG_0181.jpg

Had to scrape off all the writing from the windows! Initial power hose left the car looking like this:

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Arches were fully degreased and scrubbed until mega clean:

IMG_0223.jpg

Pic once arches were done, wheels were also thoroughly cleaned:

IMG_0232.jpg

The car was then foamed with hyper wash:

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

This was then rinsed off and the car was washed with the 2 bucket method and blackfire shampoo, i then went over the whole car with tardis to remove any tar spots, then clayed:

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Thats all the contamination off the car, not too bad!

Now all clean, time to go into the garage to begin the next steps:

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

Firstly i dried the car off and wiped down all the shuts. I fitted my oem front strut brace from my glanza and replaced the hose to the coolant overflow bottle as it was looking a bit tired!

IMG_0259.jpg

The wheels were then removed and arches dried off, then undersealed:

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

All the arches were done, then put back onto its wheels and taped up a test section for polishing and set on a polish/pad combo! Went for menzerna 203s polish along with a menzerna polishing pad - soft.

After one pass:

IMG_0262.jpg

Looking good! Will get cracking with more polishing tonight and will probably update this with more correction pics too! :D

yea liking that a lot, I would deffo get the GT rear bumper and also the late spec GT red and white lights, love the front bumper tho leave that as is

What this sexy man said!!

Looks mega clean already dude!!

Wheels indeed suit the car to a T!

I've just got myself a claybar to use on my aunties pre-sale valet :D Can't wait to get to grips with it. Gonna give all three Paseos a going over too, and I think i'd be working on my mates dads M3 too! :)

Cheers for the comments folks! Just got round to adding more photos just now, these are also from friday, busy at work this weekend! should be cracking on with more tomorrow though! :D

Polishing continued:

Swirls:

29102010722.jpg

Gone:

29102010721.jpg

Drivers wing:

29102010730.jpg

More defects:

29102010720.jpg

Check out the colour difference!:

29102010717.jpg

29102010719.jpg

29102010718.jpg

29102010726.jpg

Bonnet done:

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Addition to the interior - momo wheel and boss :)

29102010733.jpg

Next up, continue polishing (bonnet and drivers wing done so far), get some wiper arms and fit my aero blades to them, GT rear bumper and fit, jack it up and see if my cusco lower arm bar will fit! :D

Cheers

Fair difference as said for sure.

You moving all the parts from the glanza over or going to keep em both?

Looking good though bud, might see it around town sometime if you break it loose!

cheers mate!

Nah keeping it as a daily for just now, figured the 4wd will be awesome in the snow B)

:D yeah, few more days of detailing and it will be ready to go! :)

any chance you have a pic up close of the wipers on your old gt? random i know but i need to see the end of the arm where the wipers hook on! :D

I don't have a pick but I know they screw on, 2 screws although they where piss so I tapped them out to fit bigger screws. I'll have a scan to see if I have pics though. Although all the wipers I had the connectors where rubbish, I had to trim them to fit the flat blade things.

Edit: no pics bud, sorry.