Jamie's White TD04 Glanza V

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

96 rear lights for the win :( an its looking tidy Jamie

Ofcourse! Until I get money for '98 spec rears.. :p aha. Thanks a bunch :D

Sounds like they done a good job on the alignment mate :p Told you it would sort it out.

Also i doubt there uprated driveshafts? What made him say that? :)

Ye really happy another 'niggly' problem has been sorted! :(

I don't have a clue lol. He just had a look and said they're uprated lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Havn't updated this for a while so here goes! First things first, ripped off the wiper arms sanded them down, primed and sprayed them. Also bought some flat wiper blades to go with them. Look so much better than they did; should have done it so much sooner! Shitty pic but you can see how black they are now :)

92c124d5.jpg

Secondly, got my private plates fitted to the car which in turn got rid of the oldd broken pates already on the car. Ordered a pedo bear sticker which went on the back window and i found a black shocker sticker in the garage so that went on as well!

f0f56315.jpg

6a141848.jpg

Finally, today i got my MOT done which it passed. Need to get a new set of discs and pads up front as they were described as very low. Also, both the rear wheel bearings were advised so they will be getting sorted asap. After the MOT went down to Birmingham to pick up a Cusco strut brace but may sell it so i can get something else im looking at :rtfm:

f9da4d9f.jpg

:wacko:

Looking good Jamie. Mines almost running now. Hopefully have mine running tonight after 5 days laid up (that bloody oil pipe better turn up later)

Cheers Marc. Haha it will all be worth it it the end :)

Looks neat mate :wacko:

Thanks mate ! :rtfm:

Already got flat blade wipers mate ;)

One step ahead i see ;) aha

looks really tidy mate! rear lights just look soo much better too! ;)

Thanks mate ;) Ye the lights are probably the best thing to happen to the car along with the removal of the tints B)

Right after i had the MOT done i went through the advisories list and decided to correct everything on there before i do anything else to the car. It was advised on front brake imbalance, low front pads and both rear wheel bearings. First things first, i ordered a set of grooved discs and EBC yellow stuff pads from ebay. Heres a quick picture; will be fitting them tommorow hopfully as well as bleeding the system :)

882fafad.jpg

I know they're not the best discs in the world but at £116 included pads, they'll do for now :) Also, after reading plenty of threads about the different types of EBC pads it will be interesting to see what i make of these yellow stuff pads! Very mixed reviews on all 3 colours!

Nice discs, good choice going for just grooved, the drilled ones tend to crack when they get really hot. I have got the same problem on my brakes at the minute, got about a 24% inbalance on the front brakes and i have noticed my brake pads have been wearing down at weird angles.

I need to bleed my brakes, and greese the sliders on the calipers :)

Let me know how you get on with your ebc yellow stuff pads,

in my build i have reviewed the green ones, red ones and mintex 1144 pads, be nice to know what the yellow ones are like.

Nice discs, good choice going for just grooved, the drilled ones tend to crack when they get really hot. I have got the same problem on my brakes at the minute, got about a 24% inbalance on the front brakes and i have noticed my brake pads have been wearing down at weird angles.

I need to bleed my brakes, and greese the sliders on the calipers :)

Let me know how you get on with your ebc yellow stuff pads,

in my build i have reviewed the green ones, red ones and mintex 1144 pads, be nice to know what the yellow ones are like.

Ye, did a couple of searches and saw people were saying drilled discs tend to crack easier! So saw thhis deal on ebay and thought i'd get a set :( mines even lower than yours! haha. Mine, i think, is 21% at the minute!

I'll reply back on here once the pads are bedded in and give them a good test from cold and warmed up :)

I had the same brake setup, i would really watch the Disc's... they cracked after a month.

So i went for the beefy EBC One's - http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/toyota-starl...13_p1140354.htm

They're so much better.

Hopfully i have a bit better luck than you! :|

I'm hopfully going to be getting bigger brakes a few months down the line so let's hope they last until then! :)

Nice update :)

Let us all know how they are, think mine need upgrading tbh

Ye i'll post up on here my thoughts on the bakes. If they dont break that is! lol - No joke intended lol :)

Well the brakes are on the car but not without its problems! The back plate is rubbing against the drivers side disc brake which is very annoying and most probably will damage the disc. I took the calliper and disc back off today but there is nothing i can really do to push it back or move the disc forward :)

Anyway, besides that problem everything else went ok! Havn't bled the whole system yet but did go around each caliper to remove any trapped air. Will be beeding the whole thing sometime next week :lol: BONUS as well, found out that i have braided brake lines :D

60958ebd.jpg

46dfad37.jpg

Obviously havn't tested the brakes out properly yet as im still bedding in the new pads but compared to the brakes that were on the car.. MASSIVE difference already!

Well after a couple of hours watching a Japspeed exhaust on eBay i came out on top and won it for £102! Really pleased with the price and can't wait to get it heat wrapped and on the car! :)

Bargain mate, youll love it!!!

Obv people have forgot about the japspeeds on ebay, i was watching them for ages and they was going for like £175, so i saved a little more and got the power getter :(

Bargain mate, youll love it!!!

Obv people have forgot about the japspeeds on ebay, i was watching them for ages and they was going for like £175, so i saved a little more and got the power getter ;)

I hope so!

Well another shop has just started auctioning them off but there not listed as 'Japspeed' systems but just Stainless. Arrived today in a Japspeed box and with Japspeed on the tailpipe!