Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys ;)

Is a headlight restoration guide in the tech section, i cheated though and bought newer lights lol.

And you know my obssesion with rare parts john lol i just couldnt ressist them :D

Cheers guys ;)

Is a headlight restoration guide in the tech section, i cheated though and bought newer lights lol.

And you know my obssesion with rare parts john lol i just couldnt ressist them :D

I thought there was just a glanza restoration guide for headlights?

A small but awesome update (well i think so lol)

The rear garnish on the 85 has a small hairline crack running down it wich isnt massivly noticable but bugs me. few weeks ago i stumbled across this on ebay

2012-06-07174718.jpg

the lad selling had taken it off his gt and asumed it to be standard, so it must have been swapped over at some point as the jdm na panel is very hard to get hold off and always goes for isane money!!!............................... Except this time where it cost just £30 delivered :D

Nice find mate! I hate when theres a little odd thing about the car that pisses you off i found a tiny ding on my door a few months back and its been pissing me off ever since! Baught another door off a breaker but the colour is just slightly off so i didnt fit it:(

Whens it gonna be running? Youve made a lot of progress since ive been on holiday i better get a move on with mine :haha:

I got home a few hours ago:( so ill be hot on your heels come sunday:-"

Not to much left to make her run but a fair bit to make her almost finished (i say that as i dont think thier ever finished lol) I've made quite good progress latley but the weather is turning again :( may need to buy a cheap gazeebo haha

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys. went to see the_sly_ep (matt) today and collect my jam bonnet and the outlaws i bought from craig. left at 6.45 and got to nottingham by around 11 wich wasnt bad. was a long day but very much worth it. should have a few days off work with some luck this week so some good updates to come soon ;)

big thanks to matt for the bonnet and for looking after the brakes for me. Had a good natter about all things starlet for a bit before heading back down south.

Edited by shorty

All cleaned and ready to be fitted soon

2012-07-01150025.jpg

yummy!!!

No pics of the jam bonnet though as its at my sisters, where grant,me, my bro deebo and mate ollie have been refurbing our 13'x17' garage unit :D

Edited by shorty

Lol was indeed a massive drive but hey road trips rock. i dont get people who go "ah its too far your 100miles from me" lmao we whent to glasgow for the 85, midlands for the levin lol bradford for my first v. lol distance is just time so to speak ;) and defo a good home :) wanted the ecu too but just couldnt strech to it :(

Lol was indeed a massive drive but hey road trips rock. i dont get people who go "ah its too far your 100miles from me" lmao we whent to glasgow for the 85, midlands for the levin lol bradford for my first v. lol distance is just time so to speak ;) and defo a good home :) wanted the ecu too but just couldnt strech to it :(

To true mate I went to Newcastle for the sr and to

London for the clio.

You prob drove past my sr to on the way. Lol

Quite possably lol we where in a huge pug long wheelbase high top van lol we borrowed it from a mates boss as my boss wouldnt be up for my works van going so far and non of the cars could fit a bonnet in lol