Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as per usual i havnt touched her in ages :( but after jae i feel re inspiered so will be going hammer and tong at it over the coming weeks. in the meantime a box from the motherland apeared :D

Hmmmmmm?!?!

2012-09-13173913.jpg

should have mine back on the road next week and cant wait to dump the clutch.. how far are you from turnkey?

so close :D wish i could get my hands on a 4paw but the amout of effort to get it i just cant justify it!

after the tsunami and their version of the scrappiage skeem they are litterealy rarer than hens teath now, that goes for all starlets,

my agent gave us this shocking figure for the amount of eps registered on the road over there, dont know whether to belive it or not but it makes dipressing news

prices are appreceating over there now..

the worlds raiped japan :(

Is sort of a good thing imo as finaly prices for our loved starbos will climb soon and we may get back to the rightful place in the jdm car price list. as for turning the key i could have her running and roadworthy within a week or so but but im in no major rush tbh as I've so many parts to put on still that im gonna wait till shes more finished to put her back on the road. any chance you can pm me some costings on what your paying to have 1st and 5th swapped as I've asked gary more times than i can remeber and still not had a price lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys :D

So this is what was in the box lol

2012-10-01175613.jpg

now have the passenger lowposition rail to go with the drivers side one i already had. dash is now in a million bits waiting to got to the flock shop on saturday and my link standalone ecu will be here any day (thanks in advance abbot) just need to sit down when its here and solder it to the ep82 field extension from turbo grant and then ill have a plug and play loom for the link :)

Billet throtle body is on order, off to my mates at hyphose on saturday too to get som new an10 fittings and black oil line so i can finaly mount my oil filter relocator back in and get some much needed fluid back in the engine. I've told the gf im spending the whole weekend on the car so one way or another big progress will be made!! Totaly bloody sick of looking at the goat now! I WANT boost back and i WANT to go off roading agin in it haha!!!

2012-10-06163823.jpg

Hmmmm far to much weight back there, think i may have to bin it all off :D dash should be back soon, 550's are in the post (hope they are big enough) smoothed rocker is fitted and engine bay is slowly getting there too. watch this space :)

Cheers dan. not far off now just takes time. mrs is off on hols for 2 weeks on thursday so i have 2 weeks to hardcore the shit outa it every eve and on the weekends :) want her built asap!

Hell yea ya do!! Need few mounts welded and some help on that gt loom lol you whipped the old loom out so quick im lost haha. if it was a v id be fine but im a bit lost on gt specific bits :(

Well while the mrs is away i went out and got pissed lol then decided to takel my door cards while hung over today. not too bad imo.

2012-10-14165932.jpg

gonna finish my cup of tea and go crack on with a few more bits i think :)

Its a ruber type plastic, thats light as fook. i used the old card as a template and cut them to shape. the hamdles are motorsport handle door straps and all the window switches will be relocated and use alloy toggle switches instead. the car is aimed at being a very rally/track inspired car so gives you an idea of whats to come ;) however the big mudflaps, spots and custom alloy under guards will all be one of the last few bits to be done. cant wait to take her out in the mud and gravel when shes running!!!!!