Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

cheers mate. well i was aiming for japfest last year lol so tbh mate who realy knows when it will be finished. im finaly moving it to a newlcation where it will be dry and can worked on faaaaaar more regular. appreciate the nice comments though and interior is nearly finished atlast :)

i am in the same boat as you, its been around a year build with my car, i cant even remember what it feels like to drive with boost lol will be checking back on this thread :)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate, its a very slow process but should be good when its finaly finished,,,,,i hope lol

Side note,

20130323_122753_zps7f8f0fa5.jpg

The starlets finaly in a nice dry space!!!! Can now crack on without fear of the weather.

Good stuff on the garage man, i hate working on mine outside in this weather and i'm not allowed to take it down my work and build it on my ramp.

Like those rear lights by the way, they just normal N/a ones or are JDM rears a bit different ?

I've had mine outside about a year and a half now and can count on my hands the days of no rain where i managed to actualy work on it, it sucks doesnt it tbh. One of my other bros has lent me his garage for a while.

They are the ep8* rears and came form japland on the car but my lil bro (deebo) has same ones on his ep80 as the uk ep80 na seemed to have a random added rear fog just plonked next to the number plate on the boot, so as far as i know they are the same in both uk andjdm early ep8* cars. The rear garnish though is a jdm thing and tbh i love the arse of my car lol.

Forgot to add above I've also bought starbo morleys vf30 as im going to rip my vf24 apart and make a ballbearing vf30 from the two :) should create a faster spooling vf30 basicaly so lots of spool and more mid and top end than the 24 could give.

Edited by shorty

Cheers mate, and yea vf are good turbos just very expensive given there age, if i kill the turbo at anypoint im going to have gt flanges welded to the mani tbh as theres a much bigger variaty of gt turbos.

cheers bud appreciate the offer, but mr moss was going to provide a set but tbh they dont quite tickle my balls as much as the jdm/uk na rears. think thats and the ep85 S rear spoiler looks smart and a bit different.

it is indeed your old bumper, lips in the shed, its probs goin back on tbh as somthing is missing from the front but thought it didnt look right at first. tbh im not happy with the front of the car yet :( i cant put my finger on it but its not quite what I've pictured.

did some one say STOP!!!

20130330_164841_zpsfff05e55.jpg

fills the wheel lovely! need to give the wheel a good clean as its been sat far longer than planned :( but hey you get the idea

20130330_170118_zpse2cefee8.jpg

gonna try and get some done at my brothers as often as possable now its in the dry it makes life alot easier. more to come soon.

its a custom kit that was on the night spirit track car, it uses outlaw calipers, braided lines, endless pads and hi-spec discs with custom bell housings and custom dog bone caliper brackets simlar to willwoods. i bought them when i got the jblood jams bonnet from the nightspirit car too lol. another member sold up not to long after buying alot of the nightspirt parts when the car was broken few years ago.

well had a few hours on the car today so started mounting the uprated fuel parts,

20130406_161358_zps097d35d3.jpg

just need the rail and oem line adaptors from ricky so i can run the linesand the fuel system is almost sorted :) also made a few random brackets and fitted glanza washer and resi bottles just to make some space in the bay. also ripped the last of the oem exhuast system off :) much tidier arse end now

20130406_165344_zps6150b703.jpg

few other odds an sods done too. will crack on some more tomorrow.

Yea not far tbh, just loads of little niggly bits nothing big realy. And yea like grant siad lol very run in, forged engine has done around 10k now, and tbh near enough every mile is abuse lol it just loves it :D

i just drive as much as physicaly possable when I've bedded engines in in the past. just litrally drive non stop for hours dude, book a few days off work and drive down to me and grant, we will do an oil and filter change etc then drive home again :) thats like 600ish miles straight away.

time is what slows my build down most :( i just dont get much time to myself to work on the build :(