Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well was due to get a bit done after work but I've just finished :( GAY!! but had a package yesterday

20130424_154244_zps5e07a0ea.jpg

c-pillar brace

and

20130425_214736_zps5bf98839.jpg

race tech fuel rail and line adaptors :D not the fastest turn round as took 3 n half weeks from payment to delivery but damn site better quality than my cj paper weight.

well made a start today on some bits. got the c pillar bar in :)

20130428_152713_zps214eb24c.jpg

then got cracking on the fuel system. got the feed side line adaptor on and moved the filter and regulator as im having a few clash issues with tb and rail, plus fmic pipes and coil and ignitor. few relocations of more bits required to make more progress. and ordered a few new an bends to sort the fueling.

20130428_152030_zps1677d86c.jpg20130428_152019_zpsaa51794b.jpg

also i got pissed some more at the pas system so started binning it! lol

cheers guys. and no i never got the bolts to look into it but ill whip mine out and send em to you dude. i wont need em. im gonna go the expensive route and fit a full oem non pas system/rack/cloum etc etc.

cheers jake, its an awesome inlet just means some acomidating needs to be done as every thing seems to clash atm :( its not too far off though now.

aye ill need to get engine fitted trailer it away to get a base map bring it home and am just gonna drive around and around untill its done and take it back for a map lol.

time is a killer for me i got promoted so time consuming with work. once engine and turbo are paid for ill be hitting it hard lol. tempted to fire up the BBQ one weekend and stick a post up for all the scottish lads they can come lend a hand for beer lol.

Im in shaun lol. :)

Epic build shorty. Just read the full thread there and wow. great build grait plans and good guys to help u. ;) stick in man ul get ther dude do not give up. Will be hoping to see this along with grants at jae this year if us are going.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked this up at fest of marc, had a spare 5mins today to pop it in for a quick tester, need to sort a custom subframe though.

20130520_160557_zpsb8d1264f.jpg

The grey ties in with my interior colour scheme nicely

20130520_160810_zps787525b7.jpg20130520_160850_zps84ea2a82.jpg

Hmmmm need to book time off i think and get her running, sick of looking at it tbh, and ohh my god!! finishing the fuel system is a non stop head ache tbh!! Giving up on "Traders" on this site, ill get grant over to fix their mistakes i think.

Well, im not gonna lie I've been a bit "meh" again over finishing the car. Did a silly thing and had a quick add up of what i could make if i broke it and well i was highly tempten as its an aweful lot of money sat here :( but after being kicked in the arse by grant i decided what better way to reignite your fire than buying another engine haha

20130526_165122_zps110aabf3.jpg

Deebo's lil ep80 did an epic job moving the 5e i bought which is now tucked in behind the goat. I have no plans as yet what will happen with it but its good to have a spare engine and even more so when its a spare 5e!!

Grant came round today and between us we got a good bit done on the last few bits in the bay and grant has marked out and taken away a few bits that need some tweeking. He has also hopefuly solved my fuel headaches after all the crap with non fitting rails and an-to oem fittings that dont fit etc. Lets just say is a certian few traders i will never recomend! But chin up as all is looking promising and i may well have some great updates soon.

Cheers guys. Thats exactly what grant said. He sayd put aload of bits to the side concentrate on making ot run and then take it for a drive, he said the boosted goat will do the rest and then ill never want to let it go lol. I hope hes right. And amjad ill do my best for fest 2. But will need to keep an eye for a ticket and a pass so anyone drops out send em my way as i missed the deadline like a douche!!!

As soon as you launch it for the first time and show it a few bends u will slap yourself for even thinking about selling/breaking it! Id totaly gone off starlets when i was so close to the finish line but now mines finished ive found the love again and baught another one for another project:haha:

Whats te plans with the 5e? Impulse buy? Personally id stick with the 4e and save yourself anymore work! Not like this car is gonna need it! You should just give it to me for my new one :haha:

Edited by bucketep91

Basicaly charlie yea was a bit of an impulse buy lol. It was 5mins from my house for a price i couldnt refuse so i thought ill keep it for the future haha. I've no intention of sticking it in the goat unless my 4e dies and tbh the 4e takes alot of shit and loves it :)

And i realy am holding onto the hope that once i hit boost ill forget i ever thought of selling up. Been driving deebo's lil ep80 the last few days and once again its helped a bit as its so damn fun to drive haha