Shorty's ep85 " The Mountain Goat"

aye ill need to get engine fitted trailer it away to get a base map bring it home and am just gonna drive around and around untill its done and take it back for a map lol.

time is a killer for me i got promoted so time consuming with work. once engine and turbo are paid for ill be hitting it hard lol. tempted to fire up the BBQ one weekend and stick a post up for all the scottish lads they can come lend a hand for beer lol.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad plan dude tbh, and na not too far dan

Got the car in the sun today, did some more tweaking here and there but nothing worth taking photos of realy loo, also turned it round as my brothers garage has no power as its for his flat, i thought of pinching the supply from the comunial outside lighting lol but thats imoral i guess haha, so atleast i have more light with the car turned

20130407_142801_zps96b8c259.jpg

Well down the garage again, got a few bits n bobs cleaned up n sorted, finaly got my head round the last of the wiring at the rear ofbthe block so thats basicly finished, oil relocation kit is finished, intercooler is back on and bolted up. Just the cooler pipes to bung on and the inlet and tb needs the last few tweaks then just need to start it and see if it blows up haha

20130414_163916_zpsd6f674b9.jpg

So how she is sitting atm, im actualy soooooo in love with it again! I want her back asap!

Looking good man! I'd like to know if that oil filter relocation makes a nice difference to the temps, can't really afford an oil cooler and I need some sort of oil cooling in time for track at JF2!

Cheers lads :) id of thought so amjad as i had it up in the grill on the v too, but never had an oil temp guage on the v where as i do on thegoat so ill be able to tell this time. I dont real think coolers are needed on our little cars, just good air flow should greatly improve the temps id of thought.

Wicked, I look forward to seeing what temps you get! Need a relocation kit anyway seeing as my filter is pushed up again the belt tensioner thing thanks to the sandwich plate!

Did you buy the kit or did you/Grant make it up?

It was part of an oil cooler kit i bought for the v but the kit was shite lol all thats used is the oil housing plate and filter relocation housing, the fittings and lines have now all been replaced with torques fittings and areoquip hose.

Ill let ya know how it does bud ;) and yea should be fairly easy to knock up a simlar sort of kit tbh. As im sure you know grant has a minor obsession with torques and areoquip and im starting to catch it too lol.

Lol it does your right, grant keeps teasing me about that too lol but the power should compensate for that ;) and think you got issues, i drove it as an na for about a month or so then blew the bottom end up lol not a clue what it will be like boosted??? And hadnt even found the limits when it was na realy so is gonna be interesting.

i think that when theres a bit more power going through them it feels like theres more grip. on the ct9 i thought it was shite but on the td04l it seemed like there was much more grip. not sure about now mind lol. going up hill in the rain they just dig in at the back getting the power down with the fronts spinning lol.

Lol it does your right, grant keeps teasing me about that too lol but the power should compensate for that ;) and think you got issues, i drove it as an na for about a month or so then blew the bottom end up lol not a clue what it will be like boosted??? And hadnt even found the limits when it was na realy so is gonna be interesting.

Yeah good luck with that one haha. I will see how I get on will be good on track tho mate just for the experience and for some reason I have never been out on track with any other starlet

Realy? Ill try my hardest to get out on track with ya then just for the lols of us slaying bigger boys in are wee rice rockets!!

And cheers bean that inspires me some more as it should easily pull abit more than td04 power.........i hope lol

Edited by shorty

Well got the alternator sorted which was the last of the wiring headach as i wanted to keep the 85 alt but lost the plug so couldnt be sure which wires went where, sooo new solution

85 alt, big round plug

20130421_145514_zpsb759a299.jpg

Back plate off

20130421_145955_zpsed61239a.jpg

Swapped to gt plug unit

20130421_150357_zps8da954c1.jpg

Gt plate on, and kaboom 85 alt with gt plugin conections :D

20130421_150649_zps980f3b2f.jpg

Other than that i spent ages arsing with the ps pump trying to make it all fit up with the lines as i idealy need anothe gt line frome the rack to the pump as I've only got the gt one from resi to pump and i ended up stressed as its only temp any way as the ps was planed for removal at some point, that point has now come early as im pissed off with it so its all going haha just need to order some bits.