• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping so :D

knowing my luck something will go wrong....................................although saying that, I was a bit worried about the gearbox I bought and Mike said she was all good so hopefully thats a good omen :thumbsup: lol

Edited by mattyD

My sub sold this morning, sorry man!

I do however recommend you buy a Vibe CBR10 Version 2. If you like bass but don't want a lot of weight, they weigh only 16kg (compared to high 20s for the CBR12) and sound amazing! Barely, barely noticeablly quieter than my CBR12 (only 50rms less) and the CBR12 was excessive at that so this is perfect! A mate is picking the CBR10 I've bought on Monday for me :)

lol, I saw just a second ago dude when you updated the thread :(

Thanks for the recommendation mate, I am now watching a couple on ebay :thumbsup: the version 2 I take it is the one with the yellow cone? I used to have an alpine type r 10" and that was awesome :) this isnt for the starlet but my fiesta, the sound is all treble and mids lol, need a bit of bass in her

Ah fair enough! Yeah I wanted something a bit lighter as an NA isn't the liveliest thing in the world anyway! Same here I tried driving with amped vibe 6x9s for a bit but couldn't hack not having that bass kick!

Yep Version 2 has the yellow cone, I haven't heard a V1 but I heard a V2 10" last week and loved it! Wouldn't think twice about getting one, they're really light compared to most subs and I can't imagine you'd get a more powerful/better quality one for the used prices they go for! :)

• 3 weeks later...

As of yesterday, we hit 8 MONTHS without my car!! and still no update as of yet!

Not even sure if she is going to be back and finished at the body shop in time for japfest!!!!!!!!!!!

my mate had his celica there for nearly a year! just for forged engine build and still wasnt right when car was picked up!

took my glanza for map on greddy td05 14b with forged engine - very capable of 1.6 bar but only mapped at 1.3 - so was disappointed!

Edited by webby

^^^ webby why was u disappointed ??

And I'm sure the wait will be worth it in the end mate especially with your spec gonna be a monster dude lol

expected more :-( only made 266 bhp

know cars with basic td04 thats made more

Why is it taking so long Matt?? I'm assuming u have already paid for the work ??

Things have just come up along the way dude, it was at Race-tech for nearly 3 months having the turbo kit designed up on the car! I havent handed over a penny yet, I'm quite sure TD wouldnt ask for that as they would want you to be happy with there work before handing the funds over :)

Don't worry mate, I've just gone over 12 months, I feel your pain. I'm going to be counting into decades soon enough lol.

Hope you get her back soon though!

Lol, no boost sucks ass! I never thought it would feel like this haha! my little run around fiesta is feeling rather quick these days :crazy:

You and me both mate, cant wait to sit in the drivers seat again as i'm sure nither can you

my mate had his celica there for nearly a year! just for forged engine build and still wasnt right when car was picked up!

took my glanza for map on greddy td05 14b with forged engine - very capable of 1.6 bar but only mapped at 1.3 - so was disappointed!

The post wasnt aimed at TD mate, just merely venting my frustration at not having her for so long :( I understand the guys are busy and Mike has helped me out massively for a long time now so would never dream of taking her anywhere else :)

How come she was only mapped to 1.3? whats the turbo rated to?

^^^ webby why was u disappointed ??

And I'm sure the wait will be worth it in the end mate especially with your spec gonna be a monster dude lol

Thanks mate, I know she will be worth it but gets upsetting now we are having the odd sunny day and I could be out boosting haha

lol, I don't have the tools, time or patience to even start about thinking to do anything myself haha!

would save me a shit load of pennies for other goodies if I did I tell thee

Edited by mattyD
  • 2 weeks later...