• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could carbon skin mirrors for about 30quid, its a piss of piece. Sorry to hear youve been abit mugged, give em back and skin your own!

Booooo, not what I wanted to hear! sounds as though I have been more than a bit mugged lol!

What I've done matey is had a word with a local kayak making company and they will carbon skin anything, got loads of plans for winter time

Sounds like a good plan mate as there are certainly no signs of much carbon coming out soon! I only want a few more little exterior bits :(

I bedded on both of those. Still look unique thou dude

Yeah they aren't to bad bud and as you say, I haven't seen another set yet :) doubt it will take long now though

they are carbon skinned dude, i know the guy who made them and i was pretty much bidding against you to get these but i thought they went for a little bit to much but still look awesome

Rob

lol, I thought it might have been you bud :p I love how the guy I bought them from said to me that you could 'see the carbon weave' behind the mirror! haha! Was also told that they came on his car straight from japan, I take it you don't have any little jap contacts do you? or do you??????

I want them mirrors!

:p as said already mate, you can always skin your own......?

This looks amazing mate. One of the best I've seen for quite a while!

Sweet, thanks mate :thumbsup: just trying to be that little bit different to the others :)

My pans are a fair bit more then little exterior bits but we will see :D

Hmmmmm sounds interesting bud, I look forward to all the updates in your build thread :)

Looking awesome dude!!

Cheers boss :thumbsup:

im afraid he was talking rubbis, the guy who made them is from the UK and did it to see if he could skin his own items then sold them when he decided to sell his V.

i don't have any Japan contacts no :-(

Rob.

Lol, I know that now mate! tut tut, why lie? Surely he knew on me receiving the parts I was kinda going to work it out? lol I don't understand some people! hasn't replied to any claims or owt yet!

Thats a bummer on the mirrors, have a feeling if you win the paypal dispute you will get to keep the mirrors and get your money back, comes out of a paypal pot of sorts, could be ideal situation!

Yeah I know bud :( I have now had a bit of money back from the seller and have still got the mirrors so it didn't turn out to bad but I'm a bit undecided on them so I might put them back up for sale :) keeping the handles though.......

it is annoying, he did state they were scratched but the plastic welds etc take the piss "/

Rob.

I know bud, the whole ordeal has taken the piss really! was like trying to get blood from a fucking stone getting a bit of this money back as well, even though it was blatantly obvious what he sold to me wasn't what he described! lol!

What a car! Makes me want mine back even more fml

Thank you very much mate :) they always regret it and yours was very nice :thumbsup: so I don't blame you,

• 1 month later...

Went to see her again to drop off my new fogs then discovered we couldn't fit them as my oil filter relocation gets in the way :(

Anyway, a couple of pictures for you, hopefully you get the idea :p

Couldn't get any good angles on her and she is mega dusty! picking her up on Monday so I will get some better ones then when she is all shiny a gleaming :D

And then this...........the best angle I could get

50mq.jpg

If this is in bristol how have i not seen this? , This car is fuckinggg Rudeee!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If this is in bristol how have i not seen this? , This car is fuckinggg Rudeee!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks man, not had the chance to drive her really, have had running problems so pretty much came out of the body shop and went back to TD lol

Not going to lie, except for the rear spoiler this car is my inspiration.

Very much appreciated mate :) I can certainly see a couple of similarities :thumbsup: I know you secretly love the spoiler as well, its ok haha!

Unreal car mate :) where ya get the fog lights at? :p

Cheers man :) got the the foglights from Id-workz bud............if that's what you ment? lol

Soooooooooooo, as most of you know I have had a few running problems with my car since she came back from TD so as soon as she came back from the body shop a date was booked for me to get her back up there and let the guys investigate as to what was going on. I had serious issues with the start, on some occasions 15 attempts at turning the key, the car kept cutting out when having the foot preesed down on the clutch for to long trying to change gear and the idle was so horrendously bad! going from 1000rpm-500rpm-1200rpm-300rpm-1000-rpm cut out! to put it politely she ran like a bag of shit.

Admittedly it has taken slightly longer than expected but the problem has finally been found and Mike has said she is now running as sweet as a nut :)

Work started after they came back from the nerburg and went over the car with a fine toothcomb. As far as they were concerened, it was nothing they had done there side and as a lot of the same parts had been fitted to other cars without problems, it started to point fingers in the direction of the other provided parts namely the Race-Tech built things.

Before I get in to what they found, I am going to list the problems I have found with parts in the short time I drove her before she went back.

Throttle body - A nut came loose causing the throttle body pulley to jam on full throttle as I was coming to a roundabout! was only informed after the event that I was apparently supposed to use locktite on the nut!?!

V-Band clamps - Was told he provided his own as all the others on the market where shit! the one joining the turbo to mani came off causing the 2 to come apart causing major stress on the exhaust system. Also don't sit around the whole flange, only half! I will try and get some pics up to explain it better.

V-Band flanges - Don't even sit flush, leaking black soot everywhere especially the externall wastegate flange!

TPS bracket - Doesn't sit the TPS properly sometimes causing a lumpy acceleration and in turn making me look like a major noob that cant really drive lol

Exhaust flange - Sitting right on the rear beam so almost nearly every bump I go over you can probably imagine what the noise is like!

Albeit small problems some will say but its the simple things like this that can ruin ones driving experience and after the money that was spent on the kit, I did expect a whole lot more!

Anyway, back to what TD found :)

As I said, they found nothing there side so looked else where. The first place to look was the inlet, this was taken off and sent to there machine shop for an inspection and pressure testing. It was found to have a defect on the flange in which a large chunk of metal was missing and along with flange not being level either it was thought this was the cause of my problems. So the defect was alloy welded and then the whole flange skimmed to make things flush with the head. The inlet was then sent back to TD, put back on my car and started............problems still there! Fucking cunt lol! I mentioned to MIke that I had one of his thermal intake gaskets so that was the next port of call. Inlet was whipped back off, gasket off and both the TD lads laughed, what the fuck is this? a poxy thin piece of shit that looked increasingly suspect with every second it was looked at. This was chucked away swiftly and replaced with one of TD's own thermal gaskets. inlet fitted, wired back up.............................key turned...............................car started first time! holy fuck! was taken for a test drive, cut out from depressing clutch - GONE! Bad idle - GONE! TPS issue - GONE! All of this stress for a shitty gasket, I couldn't believe it! I have already asked for my refund along with a couple of bungs for sensors that weren't done!

I am happy she is running right but extremely disappointed in the quality of the products I have recieved so far and to take the piss out of everyone else for there stuff is just ridiculous!

I am extremely wary of everything else I have with the Race-Tech logo and hope it doesn't continue to disappoint.

Not good mate sadly I expect a tidal wave of the race-tech fanboys to jump on saying life's perfect. Race-tech stuff on the whole seems to be fine but anytime there's negative feedback it just seems to get pushed under the carpet.

Real shame to hear buddy but least she's back running 110%, as you know my car is there so I will hold off on my thoughts until I see what sort of a job they do.

Looking forward to future updates fella

This is very interesting like someone else mentioned everyone has there horror storries, i know its dissapponting but if the person/company who make the parts are willing to replace them then no harm

No foul i agree frustrating at the time but could always be worse !

Glad to hear she is running well again mate, one of my favourite v's on the site !